Anyone sailed on the Disney Magic in the past 5 months? Please look!

We were on the Magic in October, with group of 18, deck 2 outside room, and just returned from the Feb 1st cruise, just the two of us, deck 6 inside room. I thought the ship was beautiful! Nothing about it suggested worn or old to me. Our rooms were very clean, bathrooms were spotless. There was a rip in the cover of our sofa, but that was the exception not the rule. Both times our stateroom host was above and beyond excellent. Our kids were treated to a private towel origami lesson by Ali in October, and we were surprised by princess sheets for my daughter and cars sheets for my son mid-cruise. You don't have as much time to get to know your host on the 4-night cruise, but when I asked Made if I could possibly get some more of that fabulous H20+ sea salt lotion, there were two tubes on the counter when we returned to our cabin. Our servers in the dining room were wonderful. They took all the children from our large party and put them at one table, all the adults at the other. Ahhhhhh! Food was better at the early seating in October. It just never seemed piping hot at the late seating in February.

We love, love, love the Magic and hate to see her leave Galveston. We booked the Wonder for the 7 night Bahamian in December and are ready to fall in love again!

We (me, DH, DS10) were on the Magic last week. It was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to. I didn't feel like it looked old or worn out. I did notice workers doing touch ups here and there. Everyone, from our stateroom host to the CMs in the gift shop gave the excellent service you would expect from Disney. There was a nice variety of things to do and the nightly shows were wonderful. All in all it was a wonderful trip and we will definitely be cruising again!

Any other information?

I am so sorry to in-form you that the ship has a flat tire, it pulls to the right, and it does not take bumps well..........is that what you want to hear?
Please trust me.......took a 7 day western in 2006, and again in 2009, took a 5 day cruise on her in April 2012....... The ship looked the same each time,......."GREAT!" , and I would rather cruise on the Magic than the two newer ships. Go and enjoy your cruise. And don't worry. :)

We were on the first cruise out of Galveston in late September. I saw nothing major that looked worn at all (maybe some carpeting). There was also a temporary issue with the AC in part of the ship one evening which was quickly fixed. Oh, and a minor flood down on Deck 2 (I think) Aft/Port. Wicked nitpicky. We enjoyed the beauty and attention to detail we expect out of Disney....truth be told, the ship was in way better shape than a good many parts of WDW.

As on every ship, the deck crew was continuously out painting, sanding, and maintaining; that's a task that never ends on a vessel exposed to saltwater, wind, and sun its entire life.

I whole heartedly agree with QuiltTeddy. Magic is the best ship. We were on her twice in the past few months for our 11th and 13th cruise with DCL. Disney's Main Street program keeps the ship beautiful, but as a frequent cruiser I saw a couple very minor things that you definitely would not have noticed had you not sailed on her very often. On our veranda there was what looked like a hole that rusted through on the decorative facia around the door. Also, the door did not lock the way it is supposed to, but big whoop!

Additionally, while walking on deck 6 down the port side somewhere around mid-ship someone pointed out a loose thread on one of the medallions in the carpet. I thought it was due to age, but I just happen to walk out the elevator about an hour later and someone was there fixing it. Turns out it was just a one off. This is the type of performance we always expect from the Crew of the best ship on earth.

Food and crew were nothing but impeccable. We did have one extremely minor issue with one crew member but it turned out to be a misunderstanding and it was corrected quickly.

The ship is ready for its overhaul coming up later this year but you could not tell it. We have cruised on RC ships fresh out of dry dock that looked far worse for the wear. DCL is Magical!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter