• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone planning a trip in February 2007?

Judy from Boise said:
OK, I really am emberrassed....but we are going to WDW........staying at the Dolphin.

I guess it would have helped if I read your post more thoroughly as you did say WDW!

Have a great trip. We just took our first ever trip to WDW and loved it. Disneyland will always be "home" to to us but WDW was such a great experience that I know we will be back.

lulubelle said:
We will be at Paradise Pier Feb 9, 10 & 11. Paid extra for a theme park view :love:

I cannot wait!

We are thinking of trying Paradise Pier this trip. Those theme park views look so amazing (and much more affordable than GC theme park views!!)! Have a fantastic trip!

We will be staying at the Best Western Raffles Inn. It is my moms and kids first trip to Disney. DH has been once and I have been several times with my dad and step mom.

justkeepswimmin said:
We are thinking of trying Paradise Pier this trip. Those theme park views look so amazing (and much more affordable than GC theme park views!!)! Have a fantastic trip!
I haven't had a view room at GC, just standard. I've had view rooms at both PPH and DLH and prefer the view from PPH. Watching the parades from the room is cool not to mention seeing people being evacuated from GRR multiple times.

Justkeepswimmin, since I know you were looking for a room at the DLH, try booking through Southwest Airlines Vacations(you can book room/ticket packages). I was able to get the room we wanted at the Paradise Pier, despite WDTC being sold out. They also are giving the $150 gift card and the package price was the same.

samkj said:
Justkeepswimmin, since I know you were looking for a room at the DLH, try booking through Southwest Airlines Vacations(you can book room/ticket packages). I was able to get the room we wanted at the Paradise Pier, despite WDTC being sold out. They also are giving the $150 gift card and the package price was the same.

Thanks samkj! I did not know you could just book room & tickets though SWA. I will have to check this out.

I am so glad things worked out for you and that you were able to get the Paradise Pier. Thanks again for the heads up on room availability.

UPDATED (11/17): List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

Justkeepswimmin- 2/21-2/24-Best Western Park Place Inn (still hoping for DL hotel ;) )
AZMickeyfans- 2/16-2/21-Carousel Inn & Suites- DD is dancing in the park!!
MATTERHORN- 2/6-2/10- Desert Inn & Suites
SamKJ- 2/17- (President's Week)-Paradise Pier
JMMOMMY- 2/21-2/25-Best Western Raffles Inn
disneyeveryyear- 2/21-2/25
noladave- 2/21-2/25
RonnieJo66- 2/9-2/12 (2 families of 4)
Katebeth- 2/7-2/11 (Maybe :) !)
SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
Albort- 2/3-2/5, 2/10-2/12, 2/16-2/18, 2/23-2/25 ;)
kelmac284- 2/19-2/24
Tink33- ???- Possible trip/ Staying at GCH
lulubelle- 2/9-2/11- Paradise Pier Theme Park View

BTW, we are at DL 2/17(DD2's 7th birthday)-2/22.

justkeepswimmin said:
Question-how do you like the Desert Inn & Suites? We were thinking of staying there as the whole "suite" concept is so great w/ kids and the rate & location is awesome but I have heard mixed things. We are not too fussy and generally stay on Harbor at the Hojos or Fairfield Inn when we can't book the DL Hotel.

We have stayed there a few times and it is my favorite place to stay on Harbor. I do like HOJO's but with three little ones and being by myself most times, I LOVE the closeness of the Desert Inn and Suites. We get a 4 queen/2bath room for anywhere from $89-$129 depending on the season!

When I go with a friend and her kids, the 4 queen room sleeps 8 and we share. It is great to share an $89 rate, that's the only reason I am able to go quite a bit! It does have a breakfast, but it's nothing spectacular so I use it for milk and I bring cereal. My room has always been clean, I have never had one complaint or problem so far!

I would give it a try if I were you! Parking can be a bear, but that's the case with most of those properties at the crosswalk!

UPDATED (11/21): List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

Justkeepswimmin
- 2/21-2/24-Best Western Park Place Inn (still hoping for DL hotel ;) )
AZMickeyfans- 2/16-2/21-Carousel Inn & Suites- DD is dancing in the park!!
MATTERHORN- 2/6-2/10- Desert Inn & Suites
SamKJ- 2/17- 2/22- Paradise Pier-celebrating DD2's 7th bday!
JMMOMMY- 2/21-2/25-Best Western Raffles Inn
disneyeveryyear- 2/21-2/25
noladave- 2/21-2/25
RonnieJo66- 2/9-2/12 (2 families of 4)
Katebeth- 2/7-2/11 (Maybe :) !)
SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
Albort- 2/3-2/5, 2/10-2/12, 2/16-2/18, 2/23-2/25 ;)
kelmac284- 2/19-2/24
Tink33- ???- Possible trip/ Staying at GCH
lulubelle- 2/9-2/11- Paradise Pier Theme Park View
laui- 2/28-3/4-

Anyone else???

MATTERHORN said:
We have stayed there a few times and it is my favorite place to stay on Harbor. I do like HOJO's but with three little ones and being by myself most times, I LOVE the closeness of the Desert Inn and Suites. We get a 4 queen/2bath room for anywhere from $89-$129 depending on the season!

When I go with a friend and her kids, the 4 queen room sleeps 8 and we share. It is great to share an $89 rate, that's the only reason I am able to go quite a bit! It does have a breakfast, but it's nothing spectacular so I use it for milk and I bring cereal. My room has always been clean, I have never had one complaint or problem so far!

I would give it a try if I were you! Parking can be a bear, but that's the case with most of those properties at the crosswalk!

Thanks! That is so funny you say that about the Hojos. I love that hotel too but I last stayed there for a few days of our 2005 Vets Day weekend trip and was by myself with the kids. I remember thinking how much farther away it seemed.

Too bad we didn't meet while I was in Vegas as I did a few trips with just me and the kids and we could swapped tips or something. Actually, I really enjoyed those visits as they were so slow paced and allowed us to experience different things about DL. My oldest DD is a thrill ride junkie but since we had the baby and she was only 6 at the time, she could not ride anything and had to do things she would normally miss. I really miss that 4 hour drive! :sad:

justkeepswimmin said:
Thanks! That is so funny you say that about the Hojos. I love that hotel too but I last stayed there for a few days of our 2005 Vets Day weekend trip and was by myself with the kids. I remember thinking how much farther away it seemed.

Too bad we didn't meet while I was in Vegas as I did a few trips with just me and the kids and we could swapped tips or something. Actually, I really enjoyed those visits as they were so slow paced and allowed us to experience different things about DL. My oldest DD is a thrill ride junkie but since we had the baby and she was only 6 at the time, she could not ride anything and had to do things she would normally miss. I really miss that 4 hour drive! :sad:

That is too bad! Everyone seems to keep moving out of here though! My best friend just told me last night that her husband accepted a job in WA so they are gone in two months also! She was my DL buddy, we went a few times a year together so it's really gonna stink having her gone!

It's a shame we didn't meet when you lived here, that would have been fun. The HoJo's seems pretty far at the end of the day with three little ones, doesn't it? I take it if I can't find a crosswalk hotel for a decent price, but it's rough especially in the summer!

Bummer that we are just gonna miss you in February! How long is the drive from Phoenix? I have a friend that just moved back there and she might wanna meet me!

Andrea

Andrea-

I am in Tucson, which is about a 7 1/2 hr drive but I think Phoenix is more like a 6 hr drive, depending on traffic.

Oh, I just notcied your signature and congrats on your upcoming 1st trip to WDW! We just went for the 1st time and I loved it! It really is a whole new disney experience and just as addicting. Let me know if you need any tips although as you probably know, these boards are fantastic for WDW info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter