Anyone planning a trip in February 2007?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by justkeepswimmin, Nov 10, 2006.

1. justkeepswimmin

justkeepswimmin DIS Veteran

UPDATED (11/17): List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

Justkeepswimmin
    - 2/21-2/24-Best Western Park Place Inn (still hoping for DL hotel ;) )
    AZMickeyfans- 2/16-2/21-Carousel Inn & Suites- DD is dancing in the park!!
    MATTERHORN- 2/6-2/10- Desert Inn & Suites
    SamKJ- 2/17- (President's Week)-Paradise Pier
    JMMOMMY- 2/21-2/25-Best Western Raffles Inn
    disneyeveryyear- 2/21-2/25
    noladave- 2/21-2/25
    RonnieJo66- 2/9-2/12 (2 families of 4)
    Katebeth- 2/7-2/11 (Maybe :) !)
    SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
    Albort- 2/3-2/5, 2/10-2/12, 2/16-2/18, 2/23-2/25 ;)
    kelmac284- 2/19-2/24
    Tink33- ???- Possible trip/ Staying at GCH
    lulubelle- 2/9-2/11- Paradise Pier Theme Park View

original post follows below:

We are! After our first trip to WDW this fall, it will be fun to go "home". We will be there Feb 21-24th and are holding out hope for a good rate at the DLH as it gets closer to our trip dates (We have a tennative ressie at BW Park Place Inn for now).

A question for all of you planning trips around this time or those familiar with February crowds- Is there a reason that this week (Feb 19-23) would have extended hours? I know that 2/19 is Washingtons Bday/ Pres Day but the entire week has DL opening at 9 am instead of 10am and I wondered if maybe some of the local schools had the whole week off or something.

We want to AVOID crowds so we are arriving after the holiday but it looks as though Disney knows something we don't AND when I had to make a slight change to my Park Place Inn ressie it was showing no availability on one of nights that week :confused:.

I did check the convention website and there did not seem to be anything major that week. Here in Tucson, we all have Thurs & Fri of that week off for "Rodeo Days" but our little city could not possibly be the cause of extra hours/ full hotels.

Any ideas to help solve my confusion would be appreciated!

Oh, and if you're going in Feb too, share your trip details. Maybe once I account for all the DISers I will have my answer to the crowd question!;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AZMickeyfans

AZMickeyfans <font color=purple>It's in the attitude woman! I l

We are headed there as well but will be from Feb 16-21. I have heard that many of CA schools get off the full week of the Presidents day Holiday. Someone that was there last year told us this. My daughter is actually dancing with her dance troop on Presidents day so that is why we have to go then. Otherwise, we were there last year during that week and it was crazy all week. Very very busy. Of course the weekend will be busier that the rest of the week but it will definitely be higher crowd levels. Still fun to go crowded or not as long as you plan ahead and know what to expect. We have ressies at the Carousel Inn for their 2 room suite.

4. justkeepswimmin

Thanks AZMickeyfans! I saw another thread addressing this whole week off for Presidents day so now I am rethinking our plans. We were only planning on being at the park Weds-Friday but I am just not sure if I want to battle crowds. You are right though, Disneyland is always fun even with crowds, as long as you plan ahead a little.

That's VERY cool about your daughter getting to dance on President's Day.

Any other February 2007 trips out there????

5. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your Moderator

OK, I will confess....we are planning a trip to WDW 2/24-3/3 for my DD's 16th birthday :)

6. AZMickeyfans

No problem! I'm living my dream of dancing there through her. All the 6 year olds are SOOOOO EXCITED!!! so it's worth facing the crowds.

7. MATTERHORN

MATTERHORN <font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco

Yes that is supposed to be a busy time. Any holiday week I have been has been busy. We are going the 6-10 of February, but first I have to get through my December trip, lol!

8. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

I was but I think Im gonna go first week in March instead...Im planning on going then and again first week of may and if I do feb. then its gonna be longer space between feb and may than march and may so better to do that

9. samkj

samkj <font color=purple>I LOVE changing them for the ho

We have Presidents day week off, so we'll be at Disneyland! Between the kids school schedules and my husband being a teacher, we've learned to deal with the crowds.

It sounds like lots of us will be here this week. I can't wait! Its been almost a year since our last visit and I just can't wait to go again! We're getting annual passes this time too, and will be going at least 3 times in 2007 so I am so, so excited!

10. justkeepswimmin

You're right- there are a lot of us! I am torn about whether or not to keep these dates or not. I really don't mind crowds as we have mastered the FP and I'm pregnant so I am skipping most of the "thrill rides" anyway. Still, my youngest is into characters and fantasyland type rides so fighting crowds for those things can be a challenge during busy times. We could also go Feb 14-17th but then my dd would have to miss 3 days of school instead of just 1.

Congratulations on getting APs! You will have SO much fun and might end up going even more than you think. We lived in Las Vegas for a year and did APs since it was only a 4 hour drive and it seemed I was ALWAYS finding a reason to go!

Any other February trips out there??

11. AZMickeyfans

Glad to hear same situation from Las Vegas! We have AP's and are from AZ! Everyone here thinks I'm crazy but it's under 5 hours (sometimes 4 in the wee hours of the morning! hehe) and we have gone just about every month. We are definitely renewing! completely worth it and making wonderful memories with our kids.

12. MATTERHORN

Yep! I find every excuse to go also. Gotta love the 4 (or just under 4, lol) hour drive from Las Vegas! IF it was about an hour shorter, I'd probably go a lot more than I even do now. December will be our 6th trip for 2006, the most I've ever been in one year.

Hey I see a pattern! I went 5 times in 2005, 6 times in 2006, so I guess that would make me have to follow suit and make it 7 times in 2007. What do you guys think?

Andrea

13. samkj

samkj <font color=purple>I LOVE changing them for the ho

Definitely 7 for 2007! Just think, by 2012 you will be going every month! ;)

We have a 6-7 hour drive, but my In-laws are 70 miles from Disneyland, so we make it down a few times a year anyway.

14. MATTERHORN

That sounds good to me!!!

15. justkeepswimmin

Yup! you are definitely going to have to go 7 times next year!

The 4 hour drive to Disneyland is one of the things I miss most about living in Las Vegas (Actually, there were a lot of things I liked about living there!).

We now have a 7 to 7 1/2 hour drive and those extra 3 hours really make a difference. Looks like we will be more of the once a year types now :sad1: .

Having an AP was such a great experience. We were never in a rush to "get it all done" and I really learned to take in all the little things.

Anymore February 2007 trips?

16. MATTERHORN

justkeepswimmin, I just read your sig again! Congratulations! I have two DD's and then had DS last year. Are you gonna find out what you are having? Too bad we won't be there at the same time in February, my girls are 6 and 3, so pretty close to yours!

Where are you in AZ? I grew up in Lake Havasu and Phoenix. I liked it there too!

Andrea

17. JMMOMMY

JMMOMMY Earning My Ears

:cloud9: Me me me

We are going that same weekend leaving Weds day after school and driving and spending Thursday-Saturday in the park and coming back Sunday. Where in Tucson are you we live just outside of tucson.

18. disneyeveryyear

disneyeveryyear DIS Veteran

We will be there 2/21 - 2/25 for my DH's convention. Kids and I leave on AM of the 25th, he stays until the 27th.

We lucked out and got a convention rate of $165 at the DLH. I was hoping for a good rate at the GC, we went in February a few years ago and got an AP rate of $139/$159, but if it is that busy, I doubt that will happen.

I will have to get some advice on how to do the parks. We have never done DL when it is busy. We are used to WDW, but not DL.

19. justkeepswimmin

Hi Andrea!

Thanks so much for the congrats. I am really excited but not telling too many people yet as it is still early (I'm only 7 weeks). It just felt good to share the info somewhere as I am so eager to share my good news. We will definitely find out the sex as I am a BIG planner and could not stand to wait. Congratulations on your little boy-how wonderful!

I am in Tucson. DH was born and raised here and can't bear to be away. We have moved away 2x now (San Diego and then Las Vegas) and always end up back here. I don't really mind though, its a great city just too far from Disneyland!

I saw you are planning a Christmas time trip. That is my favorite time of year at Disneyland...I am so jealous! Have a great trip!

20. justkeepswimmin

Gotta love our "Rodeo Days" huh? ;)

We are in Southeast Tucson, close to the Vail Area. Most of our friends "in the city" think we live outside of Tucson but we like it out here.

21. justkeepswimmin

Congratulations on finding a good rate. I am still hoping something might pop up but with the crowds, it is looking less likely.

Disneyland Resort strategies for busy times are probably similar to WDW but unfortunately DLR just doesn't have enough places for people to go and the bottlenecking that can occur in some areas can be really painful. Just do Early Entry (as a DLH guest, you can use it every morning itis offered), Hang out in DCA if DL is a Zoo (it really is NOT that bad) and use FPs. I also bring lots of snacks, including sandwiches for the kids so we can avoid peak time food lines. Having just been to WDW, my experience was that wait times in WDW for food were much less (and this was during free dining)and the quality and value a lot better than what you will find at the DLR. Except for Churros- DL churros are awesome and always worth standing in line for!

That said, I still can't believe that Feb crowds will compare with summer or the Christmas Season so while it may be busy and I will expect big crowds, I am still hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck planning your trip!