Anyone "plan" a child around Disney??

Marsheliz

DIS Veteran
Am I nuts?? :) First off, I want to have one more child within the next 2-3 years.... My oldest is now 4 and youngest just turned 1 on October 1st... I want to go back to Disney with just the two of them and not have an infant but I was hoping to be pregnant by about the time that the youngest is turning 3! I know I could be pregnant and go ( I was actually pregnant with both of them two of the times we went) but.. Lawson will be big enough to ride some of the big rides and I hate to miss that too.. We are wanting to go back in either Sept or Oct 2014. Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this far in advance or plans like this.. HA

I would even love to go maybe in April ( our 7 year anniversary) of 2014 but I know the chances of free dining are slim to none...

Lol we are taking a trip to wdw in 4 days because we hope to be pregnant soon after. We figured we would let dd have her special time and then next time she will hopefully be going with a sibling :) so yes we planned having a baby around our trip

I think we have reached a new level in Disney obsession.
Thankfully, both my children were already born before we went on our first trip. We only have two, but maybe one of the reasons I didn't want more was b/c it would be harder to go on our trips. I do remember one time thinking I might be pregnant and panicking about how I was going to go to WDW pregnant since we had a trip planned!

Yes, we thought we had planned very carefully so that a baby wouldn't be born within 2 months of a big Disney family reunion...then found ourselves pregnant with a due date that would come 2 weeks before the trip. We missed out on Disney and he was so worth it :) The best laid plans :rolleyes2

Yes... In the middle of it right now. If we aren't pregnant this month we will be taking a break. We have already rented points at BLT for August so we are locked in. If this month does not work for us we will probably get through the holidays and re-evaluate. We are hoping for a cruise in our future too so I need to try and work around that too.

Don't worry, you are not alone! My DD's are 3 and 4 right now and we're going in May. We're planning on trying for number 3 starting next fall. We had two criteria when deciding when to start trying:

1) want them both to be in school or very nearly there before a new baby comes, for daycare $$ reasons

2) wanted to take the girls to Disney before another baby comes. b/c by the time we get to go after the 3rd child, our two oldest would likely be around 7 and 8 or so. We want them to be younger than that their first trip.

:)

Marsheliz said:
Am I nuts?? :) First off, I want to have one more child within the next 2-3 years.... My oldest is now 4 and youngest just turned 1 on October 1st... I want to go back to Disney with just the two of them and not have an infant but I was hoping to be pregnant by about the time that the youngest is turning 3! I know I could be pregnant and go ( I was actually pregnant with both of them two of the times we went) but.. Lawson will be big enough to ride some of the big rides and I hate to miss that too.. We are wanting to go back in either Sept or Oct 2014. Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this far in advance or plans like this.. HA

I would even love to go maybe in April ( our 7 year anniversary) of 2014 but I know the chances of free dining are slim to none...

I plan far in advance -- DH would say I "overplan" -- but I definitely don't plan my family around vacations.

Don't feel crazy. DW and I took our last trip to the GF in June 2011.

DD is now 6 months old.

;)

Going back for our first trip with DD in July/Aug 2013 at the WL.

:goodvibes

Not a WDW trip, but Disney cruises, yes, we have. Can't sail past 24 weeks and can't bring babies under 12 weeks so we have most definitely worked with that.

Don't worry, you are not alone! My DD's are 3 and 4 right now and we're going in May. We're planning on trying for number 3 starting next fall. We had two criteria when deciding when to start trying:

1) want them both to be in school or very nearly there before a new baby comes, for daycare $$ reasons

2) wanted to take the girls to Disney before another baby comes. b/c by the time we get to go after the 3rd child, our two oldest would likely be around 7 and 8 or so. We want them to be younger than that their first trip.

:)

Exactly!! Those are my exact reasons for wanting to wait.. Our oldest will be in kindergarten next year so that will be one that I will only have to pay afterschool for!!

I want to take my boys by themselves one time.. I dont think I would mind being pregnant there- I just dont want to miss out on some of the bigger rides that my children can ride now. :/

I really would love to go in April but I know chances of free dining arent very good!

Lol we are taking a trip to wdw in 4 days because we hope to be pregnant soon after. We figured we would let dd have her special time and then next time she will hopefully be going with a sibling :) so yes we planned having a baby around our trip

I totally agree! I want my boys to have their special time.. We just took our 12 month old last month and it was harder with a baby. 2 more years and it would be a dream! :) I just want to have all the kids I want by the time I am 30 so I only have 2 more years! ;)))

I think we have reached a new level in Disney obsession.
Thankfully, both my children were already born before we went on our first trip. We only have two, but maybe one of the reasons I didn't want more was b/c it would be harder to go on our trips. I do remember one time thinking I might be pregnant and panicking about how I was going to go to WDW pregnant since we had a trip planned!

I know the feeling!! I am just bursting to go back already and we just got back 3 weeks ago.. AHHHH...

Yep! We have a May trip scheduled which means when to start TTC #2 was worked around that. I don't want to go to Disney past 30 weeks pregnant.

Yep! We have a May trip scheduled which means when to start TTC #2 was worked around that. I don't want to go to Disney past 30 weeks pregnant.

Dont blame you!!! ;) YIKES! When I went before, I was 11 weeks with the first one and 7 weeks with the second!

Um, what?

Why not plan Disney around children, instead of the other way around? o_O

Umm.. Because I want too. I think I explained myself earlier as my reasons. Want to take my boys by themselves without an infant.. 2.. I want to wait have another one within the next 3 years. and 3.... Want to go back before then.

Um, what?

Why not plan Disney around children, instead of the other way around? o_O

Because I don't want to be 36 weeks pregnant at Disney or be carrying around a newborn. I promised my DS that his 5th bday would be a Disney trip and I booked at BLT renting points so all that together means I don't want to be hugely pregnant in August or having a newborn with me in the heat.

A lot of you have the same reasons as me :) I don't want to be pregnant at Disney (for me though, I don't want to be pregnant at all...I don't get to go that often, so I don't want any ride limitations) and I don't really care to have a small baby at Disney. Some people can do that, I am not one of them!

After our May trip we'll wait until our youngest will be about 2-4...which will mean my two older DD's will be anywhere from 8-10 and 7-9 :( Way too long for me to wait to take them. I want them to have that "magic" feeling of really thinking "Hey! That's Cinderella!" and we're also planning BBB with them. Full package, because it might be the only time they get to do it (and be excited about it).

So yep, for us, planning Disney before deciding to have a 3rd baby was essential!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter