Anyone "plan" a child around Disney??

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Marsheliz, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

Exactly!!! THIS!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

I totally get it. This is why I posted this, just to make sure I wasnt alone in my thoughts about this!! ;)

4. mommytocalliesue

mommytocalliesue Mouseketeer

YES!!! We took our first to Disney when she was 2.5. We knew we wanted another one...but I said there is NO way I would go to Disney Pregnant. Come on....I have to do Space Mt., Splash Mt. Rock n Roller coaster and TOT!!!! We seriously got pregnant less than a month after returning home!

5. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

YAY!! That's the way you do it!! :))

6. mommy2jack

mommy2jack Mouseketeer

I completely understand where you ladies are coming from! Although I planned things a little differently! I desperately want to go on a Disney cruise... DESPERATELY! Went for our honeymoon in 2004 and haven't gone back on one since. I told my DH that after our son was born (almost 4 years ago) I wanted to have 1 more baby, then I wanted to plan a cruise for 2015. That way they would both be old enough to enjoy the children programs. And I could enjoy some quite adult time, without a baby on my hip. After DD was born I decided I didn't want to wait until 2015 so I moved the plan up to 2014. DD will be 3. DH wants a 3rd baby... me, I'm not so sure yet (DD is a handful!). But I told him absolutely NO MORE babies until AFTER my 2014 cruise!! :rotfl:

7. justhat

justhat <font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick

This made me think, based on my very recent ectopic pregnancy. I absolutely will be thinking ahead to if we have a 4th kid, I will NOT travel during my 1st trimester. I was 9 weeks when my fallopian tube ruptured and I lost 40% of my blood volume. Not to say you or whoever shouldn't travel then, cause I don't think that at all, but now that I am high risk for another ectopic, I will most certainly plan our last kid around any vacations so that I am home during that risky period until I am 100% sure everything is safe.

Doesn't always work like that, at least, for me. ;) We had a WDW trip planned in 12/05, over NYE. Found out I was pregnant with #2 12/20/05. With my husband's vacation schedule, we need to plan all vacations several months out (anywhere from 4-16 months, depending on the month we want to travel, but never with less than 4 months).

8. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

Do not blame you!!! That will be wonderful.. That is the trouble I am running into now- I want to have another baby before I turn 30 but I am turning 28 this weekend and I am determined to take my boys back to Disney, just us 4 in September 2014 so I guess it will have to wait a wee bit longer... :))

9. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

Oh no, I am so sorry you had to go through that. :(