• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone not going to use their Brave Digital Copy

I tried to report this thread but I kept getting an error message saying with under 10 posts I couldn't add an image. Well, I'll just post it here for the mods and increase my post count at the same time.

The OP's request is illegal. A board about saving money shouldn't cross the line to soliciting people to commit crimes.

I tried to report this thread but I kept getting an error message saying with under 10 posts I couldn't add an image. Well, I'll just post it here for the mods and increase my post count at the same time.

The OP's request is illegal. A board about saving money shouldn't cross the line to soliciting people to commit crimes.
The OP's request may be illegal but there have been plenty of suggestions as to how she can legitimately obtain a digital copy of the movie. It would be a shame to remove the thread when there's some very useful information posted here. I, for one, had no idea that Vudu was an option for getting digital copies of some movies that I already own.

I didn't either.

Is Walmart the only place that does this?

Dawn

The OP's request may be illegal but there have been plenty of suggestions as to how she can legitimately obtain a digital copy of the movie. It would be a shame to remove the thread when there's some very useful information posted here. I, for one, had no idea that Vudu was an option for getting digital copies of some movies that I already own.

eaxactly....how does taking a movie to walmart turn it into digital? I've never even heard of this before.....please explain!

eaxactly....how does taking a movie to walmart turn it into digital? I've never even heard of this before.....please explain!
Do a google search for Vudu and Walmart. It kind of explains it there under the Disc to Digital tab. Not every movie is eligible. It has to be thru a participating studio. Unfortunately for the OP, Disney is not one of them.

This may not be the board for you. :stir:

Depending on where the disc was purchased from you may still be able to exchange for a different type. I work for Target and we allow an open title to be exchanged for that same title in a different format. (DVD to bluray/3D, Xbox to Wii or PS3 for games) It just must be the same exact title due to copyright law. It actually happens a lot.

When I entered my Brave Disney Movie Rewards code this morning it gave me the option to purchase a "Deeply Discounted Streaming version" it says I can purchase it for 4.99 instead of 14.99 so another option for the OP.

When I entered my Brave Disney Movie Rewards code this morning it gave me the option to purchase a "Deeply Discounted Streaming version" it says I can purchase it for 4.99 instead of 14.99 so another option for the OP.

Is the streaming version available for iTunes or does it have to have internet access to play? I need a version that can be played on a device when it does not have internet access (like an ipod touch driving down the road).

Am I the only one who got a message from Disney movies online saying they are doing away with the digital copy service. So all those movies we bought on both DVD and blueray so we could get the digital copy are no good anymore. If you paid for them online you can request a refund but if they came with your DVD you out of luck. I had mine on my computer but when I had to wipe out my computer and start new I lost all my movies on Windows Media and you can only download them once. I was happy watching them online on the website but now I will no longer be able to do that either. Here is a copy of my email

Dear Guest,

Disney Movies Online is closing on December 31st. As part of this change, purchases, upgrades, and Magic Code entries can no longer be made on the Disney Movies Online website. You can continue to stream your existing movies until December 31st.

You can still enter Magic Codes on DisneyMovieRewards.com, and Disney Movies Rewards services will not be interrupted. You can also continue to use your Disney member name and password to access and enjoy other Disney websites. In addition, if you purchased a Disney Combo pack with Digital Copy, your Digital Copy can still be transferred and watched from either iTunes or Windows Media Player. Please visit our FAQs for more details.

We truly appreciate your support of our servicewe have enjoyed serving you!

Best regards,
The Disney Movies Online Team

mickeymaker2003 said:
Is the streaming version available for iTunes or does it have to have internet access to play? I need a version that can be played on a device when it does not have internet access (like an ipod touch driving down the road).

I am sorry I did not pay attention. We generally do not use the digital copies as our travel devices use the DVDs but I am sure you could get more info on the Disney movie rewards site.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Am I the only one who got a message from Disney movies online saying they are doing away with the digital copy service.

They are doing away with the streaming service....any digital copy that you have of the movies are still fine.

Am I the only one who got a message from Disney movies online saying they are doing away with the digital copy service. So all those movies we bought on both DVD and blueray so we could get the digital copy are no good anymore. If you paid for them online you can request a refund but if they came with your DVD you out of luck. I had mine on my computer but when I had to wipe out my computer and start new I lost all my movies on Windows Media and you can only download them once. I was happy watching them online on the website but now I will no longer be able to do that either. Here is a copy of my email

Dear Guest,

Disney Movies Online is closing on December 31st. As part of this change, purchases, upgrades, and Magic Code entries can no longer be made on the Disney Movies Online website. You can continue to stream your existing movies until December 31st.

You can still enter Magic Codes on DisneyMovieRewards.com, and Disney Movies Rewards services will not be interrupted. You can also continue to use your Disney member name and password to access and enjoy other Disney websites. In addition, if you purchased a Disney Combo pack with Digital Copy, your Digital Copy can still be transferred and watched from either iTunes or Windows Media Player. Please visit our FAQs for more details.

Best regards,

Yes, as another poster says, it states here your digitial copies are not affected, only the streaming service.

And, no, a streaming version needs internet to be watched, you would need to purchase a digital copy to play on a device while traveling with no internet access.

Anything you buy from itunes can be downloaded (as long as you have room) and stored to be played when you aren't on the internet.

Once, you have purchased something, you can delete it and download it again anytime.

If it is rented, it can only be accessed from one device and watched once. Once you start playing an itunes rental, you have 48 hours to finish watching it, I believe. Then, it is automatically deleted.

Dear Guest,

Best regards,

I got the same email but my movies were all put onto Itunes so the kids could watch them on their Ipod Touches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter