Anyone not going to use their Brave Digital Copy

mickeymaker2003

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone bought the 3D version of Brave who isn't going to use their digital copy. I would love to have it and would be happy to pay for postage. Please PM me if you have one to share.

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone bought the 3D version of Brave who isn't going to use their digital copy. I would love to have it and would be happy to pay for postage. Please PM me if you have one to share.

Thanks!

Not sure if anyone will take you up on this, since the code for the Digital Copy is also the same code used for Disney Movie Rewards...

popcorn::

I can't wait to see the responses on this one! Technically, unless you purchase the 5 disc set, it is illegal for you to use the digital copy since you do not have a license for it. I am not the DRM police so I am not going to criticize you, but I'm sure others will. :rolleyes1

Thanks!
You can purchase a digital copy on itunes for $14.99.

I specifically purchased the 5-disc combo pack just so that I could get a digital copy. I really did not need both a 3D and regular blu-ray plus a DVD copy of the same movie but that was the only legitimate way to get both a hard copy and digital one. (Well, I could have bought a DVD and the itunes digital copy but it would have cost me more than the combo pack!)

I sure won't give up my DMR codes.

You might have better luck asking some one for the dvd disc, since most people will watch it in blu ray. All my combo packs, I keep the blu ray and give my aunt the DVD copy to watch.

It is questionable as if one can make a digital copy of a movie you own or not.

My DD got it as a present as Blu Ray combo, but she opened it before I saw her:-( I always buy the digital copy version but its too late this time. The DMR codes can be entered into your account for points before anyone would send it if someone isn't using their digital copy.

Disney sells some of their DVDs and Blu-rays with the rights to a digital copy for the buyer. You get a separate disc in the package with a code to activate the download of the movie. You pop it into the DVD drive of your computer and you can choose to get it in a Windows Media format or from itunes for your Apple device.

Or, like I mentioned above, you can buy just a digital copy from itunes. You can also purchase it from Amazon to stream any time on devices that are compatible with their media. And I just saw a commercial for Verizon FIOS subscribers to purchase a digital copy that they can stream anywhere for an unlimited number of times, as well.

There's nothing questionable about it.

My DD got it as a present as Blu Ray combo, but she opened it before I saw her:-( I always buy the digital copy version but its too late this time. The DMR codes can be entered into your account for points before anyone would send it if someone isn't using their digital copy.
According to their website, you can contact Disney for a new code. You still need the activation disc., which you should have in the combo pack.
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/textonly.html

If you lost your insert or your insert is missing please call 800.723.4763 to find out how to replace your code. Or send an email to to contactus@disneystudiohelp.com and request a new code. Please include your name, address, a daytime phone number and where you bought your copy of DisneyFile Digital Copy. You may also fax your request to 888-832-6001

Thank you for the info Marionette, but we didn't lose the code. She was given the regular blu ray combo I stead if the one that comes with digital copy. Since she already opened it, I can't exchange it and pay the difference like I could have if she hadn't opened it :-(

That may be true, but you certainly do not have any rights for media you did not purchase a license for. Licensing can not be shared, though it can be transferred (i.e. the original purchaser can sell their copy, but then they no longer own a license to view the media.)

Sorry but if you want the digital copy I'm afraid you will need to actually purchase your own.

If you take your copy to Walmart, you and get a digital copy that will stream through VUDU for $2.00 for a DVD and I think $5.00 for blurays. You just need to be able to access VUDU on whatever device you are wanting to stream it onto.

If you take your copy to Walmart, you and get a digital copy that will stream through VUDU for $2.00 for a DVD and I think $5.00 for blurays. You just need to be able to access VUDU on whatever device you are wanting to stream it onto.

Have they reached an agreement with Disney? I thought Disney films could not be converted. -- Suzanne

SuzanneSLO said:
Have they reached an agreement with Disney? I thought Disney films could not be converted. -- Suzanne

Honestly I'm not sure, they never really advertised this service like they were expected too either. I haven't used it but my SIL took a bunch of kids movies in, some Disney some not, and got all of them streamed onto vudo a couple of weeks ago. It took like three employees to even figure out what she wanted. I guess I should add YMMV huh?

Does anyone know how many times you can download a digital copy? we've just replaced a couple of laptops, and I have been putting our digital copies on our vacation laptop. We were going to try to copy the files over to the new laptop but we couldn't...can I just re-download the copy? I have the disc and my code etc....but it seemed like somewhere I saw that there were only a certain number of times you could download? Or maybe I misread.

Does anyone know how many times you can download a digital copy? we've just replaced a couple of laptops, and I have been putting our digital copies on our vacation laptop. We were going to try to copy the files over to the new laptop but we couldn't...can I just re-download the copy? I have the disc and my code etc....but it seemed like somewhere I saw that there were only a certain number of times you could download? Or maybe I misread.
It depends on which file type you chose to download.

If you chose itunes (for Apple devices), then the regular itunes rules apply. That means that it's in your icloud and can be retrieved from there at any time as long as the device that you're downloading to is on the same Apple account.

If you chose to download as a Windows Media file, you only get to download once but you can transfer the movie to any portable device you own as long as the original file does not get deleted from your computer.
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/textonly.html

How many times can I transfer my DisneyFile Digital Copy?

For the Windows Media version you can only transfer your DisneyFile Digital Copy to your computer once. After you transfer the movie to your computer, you can then transfer the movie to your compatible portable device. For the iTunes version, standard iTunes usage rules apply.

It depends on what movies you have digital copies for as some expire and or have limits as to how many times you can download them. Most Disney digital copies you can stream online without downloading anything. I have gotten a couple now that need downloaded though. I have not done those yet so I am not sure how it works. I prefer streaming online except for the fact that you always need internet access to watch. Also when disney does away with a movie you own the digital copy for online they allow you to pick a new one for free. They just did this when they updated it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter