• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW BLT at 87.00 per point!! You got an awesome deal, Congratulations! Just curious, is there a trend as to what date the contract goes through ROFR? I was going to look back on page 162 to see if contracts were waved more on a given date and refused more on a given date.
Just curious:wizard:

WOW BLT at 87.00 per point!! You got an awesome deal, Congratulations! Just curious, is there a trend as to what date the contract goes through ROFR? I was going to look back on page 162 to see if contracts were waved more on a given date and refused more on a given date.
Just curious:wizard:

They tend to be ROFRd early in the process (so at 2 or 3 weeks) but not always. And they pass, usually, around day 26-30 but sometimes sooner (not often). Brokers tend to notify of passing on Tue (though sometimes Mon and Wed).

They tend to be ROFRd early in the process (so at 2 or 3 weeks) but not always. And they pass, usually, around day 26-30 but sometimes sooner (not often). Brokers tend to notify of passing on Tue (though sometimes Mon and Wed).

Is there anyway to get a hold of the OP of this thread to somehow have you now update on page 1? I know it used to be Donald1 who did it for years and then Mac took it over and is able to update page 1 just curious?

Historically, I have always heard back on the Tuesday before day 30. On the last BLT I heard back on the Monday before day 30. Thus, this time I heard back on day 25. My deal on the BLT contract was all about timing. I was talking to the broker about an OKW contract I had closing with them when the broker told me they just posted this "smaller" BLT contract listed at $90 a pt. I made an offer of $85, and received a counter offer at $87 maybe thirty mins later. It was all timing.

Well, back to the drawing board for me. Disney took my BLT contract :-(

BLT 160 Aug UY 126 "13 points and all forward $80pp

Well, back to the drawing board for me. Disney took my BLT contract :-(

BLT 160 Aug UY 126 "13 points and all forward $80pp

Sorry to hear that :(! What a great contract - I guess too great! Who had that one listed? I want to eventually add on to our BLT and will only consider Aug UY to keep it simple!

Sorry to hear that :(! What a great contract - I guess too great! Who had that one listed? I want to eventually add on to our BLT and will only consider Aug UY to keep it simple!

Fidelity. Yep it was TOO good of a deal. Sharon said Disney must have really wanted it as they only took 18 days to ROFR it :-( Original asking price was like $125 per point and I offered $80 per point to get negotiations started expecting to have to go up, but the seller took my first offer.

Did not yours was a foreign seller? I am going thru in one of my contract, seller is Canadian and now they have to find a US notary to notarize the deed, until closing company receives the docs, I just have to wait.

Yup, seller was not a us citizen. Now... if that means they live else where... I don't know.

Just an update... we did hear that our purchase is almost complete. What exactly that means? Not sure??? In the email I received from fidelity, it mentioned "Disney has been notified of your new ownership. this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system. On the day the transfer is done in the system, Disney will mail you a letter that provides you with your membership number."

Looks like we are getting closer. Another 4 weeks though would put it near the end of July... like I suspected..and roughly 3 months from start to finish.

In the email I received from fidelity, it mentioned "Disney has been notified of your new ownership.

That means you closed! Congratulations! In fact, it will probably take a bit less time than they're predicting. They just want to under-promise.

We closed 6/4, was in the system 6/11, got our number (via some wheedling) over the phone on 6/12, and got the mail from Disney with our member number on 6/15. That's about the fastest I've ever heard of it going, though.

I think there aren't too many Washington State DVC members; we're about as far as you can get from Florida while still being in the lower 48. :)

That means you closed! Congratulations! In fact, it will probably take a bit less time than they're predicting. They just want to under-promise.

We closed 6/4, was in the system 6/11, got our number (via some wheedling) over the phone on 6/12, and got the mail from Disney with our member number on 6/15. That's about the fastest I've ever heard of it going, though.

I think there aren't too many Washington State DVC members; we're about as far as you can get from Florida while still being in the lower 48. :)

Wow, that was fast! Congrats! We closed 6/12, but are still not in the system. They said it could be 14-28 days.

Yup, seller was not a us citizen. Now... if that means they live else where... I don't know.

Just an update... we did hear that our purchase is almost complete. What exactly that means? Not sure??? In the email I received from fidelity, it mentioned "Disney has been notified of your new ownership. this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system. On the day the transfer is done in the system, Disney will mail you a letter that provides you with your membership number."

Looks like we are getting closer. Another 4 weeks though would put it near the end of July... like I suspected..and roughly 3 months from start to finish.

Even if you close does not mean you will be in disney system soon. I closed in one contract on 06/05 disney did not even had that contract as of yesterday for transfer of ownership, I called member administration to confirm that. Another contract that closed on 06/12 I can not even see on county web site, means did not even filed for deed recording. Dealing with FAT is like you banging your head on stone, left several phone and emal messages to get an update on status of all closings, no answer. Taking all the air out of some of my good deals. On the other hand, all *** closings, I have all the points and most are gone.

Hi. Wanted to update info for your list.

On this one:
Kapicka-160 VGC (??), $88, all '13 & 14 pts (sub 4/?)
I actually put in for purchase at $98 b/c I thought $88 had no chance. Disney came in and purchased at $98 :(

I wanted some points though (new to DVC and need at least a weekend!) so I purchased 25 points (w/ 25 banked points) Sept use year at $120 per point which disney let me have (at that price per point they better, right!?) It was done in September.

Wanted to let you know I passed ROFR on a 200 pt BCV contract this week. $75 per point all 2013 and 2014 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter