Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.
when did you get notice?
Log in or Sign up to hide this adverts.
I maybe with you mine just went to Disney for ROFR BWV 200 pts 2011 and forward with the points 65.00PP I just cannot justify going higher with the price. If they take it I will wait until these WL get filled and try again or just add on BLT points.
This is a common mistake made by people like yourself trying to make themselves feel better about their purchase. Your logic would apply if you could actually pay that $2,800 over the next 29 years. But since you can't, it's costing you an extra $2,800 TODAY. If you're ok with that then you should just say so. Nobody is going to judge you personally, they just might debate the merits of your decision. But I will say that I find these mathematical distortions troubling.
I suppose so....this is our 3rd contract . Very quick, good communication. The contract exchange was very prompt, for sure. "A mother and sons team"
That is low in this market..not low just several months ago..so..good luck! Hope you get it..
That's a great price for BLT -- good luck!
Went to Disney on 3/25, got notice on 4/19 although I think fidelity got notice on 4/17 or prior. Of course I had to call them. Communication is not their strength.
What is ROTR?
Right of Third Refusal!
Good luck dude. We should close this week on mine
When disney excercies ROTR what does the buyer pay? Do I lose my deposit? If so how much is that? Do I pay the TTS or Fidelity a fee?
If Disney exercises ROFR, your deposit should be returned to you. It will be stated in your contract.
The only thing you lose is your time. Disney must take over the contract exactly as you negotiated it and is responsible for all fees. You would have your deposit returned to you and could start again.
I was ROFR'd last Monday (4/15) and I still haven't seen my deposit returned to me. I had put it on a CC so it should just be a chargeback. I'm dealing with Fidelity and they are horribly slow about everything although in this case it should be the title company that returns my deposit.
I've emailed them twice and tomorrow I will call them.
On our 1st try Disney took the contract, I called the title company and had my cc credited w/in a week. I emailed Fidelity but they never responded. The title co name and contact number should be on your contract.
Bash away if you must, but this is the Title company's fault
Funny I was ROFR using Fidelity but then quickly had another contract accepted so I told them to keep the deposit and I was assured they would let title company know. After 2 weeks I figured all was well until the refund showed up on my credit card! Go figure!
Can you share what resort and price you offered that was ROFR'ed. I am making an offer today so I want to make it through.
Fidelity still contract to use the title company, so they do not relinquish all responsibility of quality service.
I am thinking about putting in an OKW offer. So woried about ROFR though. Anyone made it through this month?
If so can you share details (points, contract)
Separate names with a comma.