Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to get the email from the closing company? I just received word yesterday that Disney waived ROFR. TSS said we should hear from closing company within 10 days. Just wondered if it is usually earlier than that or not??

Worked with TSS and took 2 weeks to get closing documents and that was after I emailed both closing company and broker! Closing company said they were done but she was waiting on broker to give final review and okay to send them out. Broker said he just got them and it would be 2 -3 more days. I told him 2 weeks was really long and not acceptable - I had them the next morning!
I got the feeling they had been done for a while and just sitting on the brokers desk and or in his email.

Good luck

sorry to hear that. what day did your contract go to Disney? doesn't bode well for me - our VB contract was submitted on 4/4 @ $34 / point with 210 banked 2012 points and all 2013 points (Aug UY)

Sent to Disney on 3/26 - so one day short of 3 weeks
I hope you get through - sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to what gets taken and what gets through so dont lose hope - good luck!! :)

You're probably better off without the banked points and it may even be lucky that there are current points missing. Disney can't turn around and sell that full contract until next year. And even if they turn it into smaller contracts, they'd be responsible for MFs on those dozen points until they can pair it with pther points come 2014.

I was thinking same thing but you never know with Disney. The one that got ROFRed was more valuable than mine considering the banked points.

How long does it take to get the email from the closing company? I just received word yesterday that Disney waived ROFR. TSS said we should hear from closing company within 10 days. Just wondered if it is usually earlier than that or not??

It took exactly 10 days to get my docs emailed from the closing company after I passed ROFR. Passed ROFR on a Tuesday and I didn't get closing docs until the following Friday. I was a little.....impatient, to say the least. The worst thing is that the forms, except for the directions/cover letter, were all dated the week before.

But all went well and I'm now impatiently waiting for my member # so I can book my Jan 2014 trip!

Wow! I feel so lucky after reading everyone's timeline. I just received my closing documents and we passed ROFR only yesterday. I hope everything else goes quickly.

I found out yesterday we passed ROFR. 25 points for SSR We paid a lot for it $81 a point. February use year 20 points available and 25 coming in 2014. Submitted for ROFR 3/21 found out 4/15

I am excited to get our foot in the door and am ready to start battling addonittis. Will update when the closing and account info has been finalized

Wow! I feel so lucky after reading everyone's timeline. I just received my closing documents and we passed ROFR only yesterday. I hope everything else goes quickly.

Shontell has always provided first class service. I have been really impressed in all my dealings with her.

It took exactly 10 days to get my docs emailed from the closing company after I passed ROFR. Passed ROFR on a Tuesday and I didn't get closing docs until the following Friday. I was a little.....impatient, to say the least. The worst thing is that the forms, except for the directions/cover letter, were all dated the week before.

But all went well and I'm now impatiently waiting for my member # so I can book my Jan 2014 trip!

Glad things are moving along for you. I am hoping to book out first trip with new contract for march 2014

Worked with TSS and took 2 weeks to get closing documents and that was after I emailed both closing company and broker! Closing company said they were done but she was waiting on broker to give final review and okay to send them out. Broker said he just got them and it would be 2 -3 more days. I told him 2 weeks was really long and not acceptable - I had them the next morning!
I got the feeling they had been done for a while and just sitting on the brokers desk and or in his email.

Good luck

Sorry yours took so long! Hopefully ours does not....

Sorry yours took so long! Hopefully ours does not....

Thank you but in this case I am the seller so other then waiting for the check its okay, now if I was waiting on points well:confused3......:rotfl2:

Still waiting for our 2nd contract (buyer) to go ROFR this has been a very long process!:sick:

Good luck and congratulations!:banana:

Thank you but in this case I am the seller so other then waiting for the check its okay, now if I was waiting on points well:confused3......:rotfl2:

Still waiting for our 2nd contract (buyer) to go ROFR this has been a very long process!:sick:

Good luck and congratulations!:banana:

I think I remember reading that now that you told me, still congrats on selling!

...And the problem has not been resolved.... very, very frustrating. The title company said they couldn't trace the wire and now I have to trace through my bank. I have asked specifically who will pay for the additional wire charges if I have to send the funds again (at that time still confident that the fund will find its way back to me), but even for this the title company dodged the answer.

I had expected the broker to at least do something but not a word from her!

Finally the wire amendment was made 2 days ago, and the title company received the fund - but $25 short! Now the title company wants me to send another $25 through. I have already paid for the amendment fees which was due to the mix up (they now claim the account number provided to me in the first time was correct...), which now the title company say it's not their fault and they are not paying.

I sent the full amount and instructed my bank to deduct my account for any associated commissions and charges, and so I expected that they receive the full amount. Later, my bank told me it's probably the receiving bank or it's appointed intermediary charging some fees but my bank and I will not know if they do that or how much, unless the receiving party informs me first. I have waited for more than 24 hours for the title company and still nothing.

Anyone from overseas has any insights to share? This saga seems to go on and on, it's overtaken the joy of owning DVC points.

It's difficult with the 12 hour time diff, but I guess I have to make a call to the title company and find someone higher up to resolve this.
:headache:

Finally the wire amendment was made 2 days ago, and the title company received the fund - but $25 short! Now the title company wants me to send another $25 through. I have already paid for the amendment fees which was due to the mix up (they now claim the account number provided to me in the first time was correct...), which now the title company say it's not their fault and they are not paying.

I sent the full amount and instructed my bank to deduct my account for any associated commissions and charges, and so I expected that they receive the full amount. Later, my bank told me it's probably the receiving bank or it's appointed intermediary charging some fees but my bank and I will not know if they do that or how much, unless the receiving party informs me first. I have waited for more than 24 hours for the title company and still nothing.

Anyone from overseas has any insights to share? This saga seems to go on and on, it's overtaken the joy of owning DVC points.

It's difficult with the 12 hour time diff, but I guess I have to make a call to the title company and find someone higher up to resolve this.
:headache:

when I bought my AKV points the receiving bank deducted $40 to pay for the transfer their end. The title company told me about this upfront and i had to add it on to the amount paid. So i paid the UK charges for sending and the USA charges for receiving. Expensive but no way around it when buying points.

when I bought my AKV points the receiving bank deducted $40 to pay for the transfer their end. The title company told me about this upfront and i had to add it on to the amount paid. So i paid the UK charges for sending and the USA charges for receiving. Expensive but no way around it when buying points.

Thanks Minniesgal. That's good to know! The title company did not inform me beforehand.
I don't really mind the charges, it's the trouble... And to wire another US$25 will probably cost me US$50 in total for bank charges.

I still cannot believe how the title company is so inexperienced.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter