Anyone know why there are NO rooms open?

Try Orbitz.com (Here's a coupon code: 50AFFORB) They are showing availability at CSR. Good Luck. :thumbsup2

1 Review hotel details
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Lowest price:$149.00

1001 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Area: Walt Disney World Resort
Customer Rating 4.3 out of 5 Read reviews

This property has a smoke-free policy

Palm-shaded courtyards and Spanish-style haciendas create the perfect climate for relaxation. You can soak up the sun or splash in the pool, designed as an archeological dig site with a five-story Mayan pyramid with slide. Accommodations are themed with colorful plazas and picturesque vistas... more

Details| Amenities| Map| Photos| Tours

Need help booking your trip?Call us:
1-877-548-4251

2 Review rate details
Check in: Fri, Dec 5, 2008 (1500)
Check out: Tue, Dec 9, 2008 (1100) Guests: 2
Rooms: 1

Average nightly rate Room description
$149.00 Standard View - NA - 2 double bed
Orbitz Coupon Applied:$50 off with this stay
Offer rules and details

$596.00 Subtotal
$104.32 Taxes and fees
- $50.00 Orbitz coupon
$650.32 Total charges
include taxes and fees
Selected room ratesDec 5 - Dec 9

Fri Sat Sun Mon

$149.00 $149.00 $149.00 $149.00

Try Orbitz.com (Here's a coupon code: 50AFFORB) They are showing availability at CSR. Good Luck. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for trying. I didn't read the boards until just a little while ago and of course the rooms were gone. Someone else mentioned trying to piece the trip together a little at a time. I might try that next. I guess not everything can fall together so easily. Great airfare, great car rental...just need a little more pixie dust:wizard:

I am so glad I found this thread, I will be canceling my reservation for Dec 6th - Dec 11th. I have no intention of being there during all that mess! Hopefully, I can switch to Dec 13th - 18th, if not. We can just stay off site like we have always done in the past!

Thanks again!

Same problem here
However, we will be going down for Pop Warner - I was hoping to book either the music or sports for the Friday before we can check in- since we have been told that we will be put up at one of these resort - or it's possiable that we would get Port Orleans if the others are full.
I was able to get POP but at the full rate not the speical.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

PS - To those concern about POP Warner - The Parks are not a crowded and you can't even tell that a ton os cheerleader are there but the resorts that we are put up at are extra noisey

No, the free dining is not for that week. That is one of the most popular weeks, and it includes Pop Warner and Mousefest this year. As well, it is also at the time when the Christmas Parade is being filmed for Christmas Day. Most people are reaching their 45 day mark and some will be canceling, keep checking back.

Suzanne

Am going from Nov 30 - Dec 6. Does anybody know the date of the taping of the Christmas Parade? This way, I can go to another park!

Thanks in advance!

Am going from Nov 30 - Dec 6. Does anybody know the date of the taping of the Christmas Parade? This way, I can go to another park!

Thanks in advance!

I had read somewhere they were taping on Nov 30 and Dec 6, but I haven't seen any concrete dates yet.

Suzanne

Your dates don't coincided w/ MouseFest (12/11-12/15) and Pop Warner is only overlapping your dates on two days (12/9-12/13).

Maybe look at a split stay somewhere?

To be honest, Pop Warner is generally restricted to the All Star Resorts and Port Orleans, so there shouldn't be much of an effect on the other resorts.

I would keep trying.

I seriously doubt that the parade taping will be Thanksgiving weekend..no way, no how. No way Disney could control that crowd. Disney usually tapes the first weekend in Dec...that would be the 5, 6, and 7th. The Castle forecourt shows are usually taped on Friday, with the parade taping on Sat..early morning starts for both. Sunday, the 7th, would be kept as a rain date.
PopWarner starts on the 6th to the best of my knowledge, and finishes up the following weekend..the 13th. The kids are in competitions during the daytime so they aren't an issue in the parks. They are out at night, but I haven't been overly concerned with them in the past. And I have been there at the same time more than once or twice.
MouseFest, the land portion, starts on the 11th, and ends up on the 15th. That shouldn't really impact anyone either. There will be only one or two things that would draw more than 50+ people at one time. You really won't notice anyone from MF in the parks unless you see their lanyards!!!

Early Dec has always been a great time to visit WDW. Keep trying to find a room. Something will pop up. Even if you have to stay a bit off-site. Did you try the resorts in DTD??

I'm not giving up yet. I have looked offsite. My DH hates the DTD area because of the traffic. I found a room and good rate ($79 before taxes) at Buena Vista Suites which has a good location. We really want to stay onsite because of EMH. We are planning to just stroll and enjoy the Christmas theming and decorations, so having late nights at the parks is a real plus for us this trip.
Thanks to eveyone for all the good advice. It's nice to see I'm not the only one with the problem. Who'd of thought I get so much traffic on this thread!!

I'm not giving up yet. I have looked offsite. My DH hates the DTD area because of the traffic. I found a room and good rate ($79 before taxes) at Buena Vista Suites which has a good location. We really want to stay onsite because of EMH. We are planning to just stroll and enjoy the Christmas theming and decorations, so having late nights at the parks is a real plus for us this trip.
Thanks to eveyone for all the good advice. It's nice to see I'm not the only one with the problem. Who'd of thought I get so much traffic on this thread!!

Have you tried the Hilton at DTD, you can still take part in EMH with that hotel. I have never stayed there, but considered it 2 years ago, since we really prefer to use EMH.

Suzanne

Have you tried the Hilton at DTD, you can still take part in EMH with that hotel. I have never stayed there, but considered it 2 years ago, since we really prefer to use EMH.

Suzanne
Really?? I didn't know that. Do the other DTD hotels participate too? As I mentioned before DH really dislikes the traffic around DTD, but we are Hilton Honors members and we can always use the points:)
That's what I love most about the Dis.. I am always learning new things.:lovestruc

The Hilton is the only DTD hotel that participates in EMH. Others used to but not anymore.

Really?? I didn't know that. Do the other DTD hotels participate too? As I mentioned before DH really dislikes the traffic around DTD, but we are Hilton Honors members and we can always use the points:)
That's what I love most about the Dis.. I am always learning new things.:lovestruc

rie'smom is right, it is the only DTD hotel that participates in the EMH.

Suzanne

Thanks so much everyone. I took the advice and kept trying. I now have two ressies - One off site at Buena Vistas Suites at an unbelievable $79/nt rate with breakfast and as of this morning CS standard view:woohoo: Still hoping for a discount, even AAA but at least we will have a place to stay. CS is on our list of resorts we've wanted to try, so I am very happy.
Thanks again:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter