• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know what this is on the Dream?

horizons1983

Horizons 1 is now departing.
I'm hoping someone might have some insight into this. When I was at the Contemporary Resort at Christmas I took a close look at the Disney Dream ship model near the 4th floor elevators. I noticed this verandah on top of the sports deck. Anyone know what this is? It's not publicly accessible as far as I can tell...if it was even actually built. Maybe it's for staff? Any ideas?
ScreenShot2013-01-25at113409PM_zpsc93c4326.png

Is it the concierge private sun deck?? I was up there but not sure which side of the ship I was on.

wifey1220 said:
Is it the concierge private sun deck?? I was up there but not sure which side of the ship I was on.

Nope, I checked a deck plan; the concierge sun deck is at the other end of the ship.

That space is for the cast members. My masseuse in the spa told me that they have their own sun deck up there.

Definitely not a public area, but I have seen people up there, so crew area is probably the answer.

That space is for the cast members. My masseuse in the spa told me that they have their own sun deck up there.

That was my guess too since the crew "lost" that pool area in the front (from the Magic/Wonder ships) to the teenagers on Dream/Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter