Anyone know about the talent show on the Magic?

princessmommyx3

DIS Veteran
I saw on one of the recent Magic navigators that there is a talent show on the last night. Has anyone participated in it or seen it? If so, what was the age range of the participants and what types of things did they do?

My DD participated on the 2009 Christmas cruise. She did a jazz solo, and Tisa loved her so much she put her very last in the show! :thumbsup2 There were some adults signed up, but none showed up for the rehearsal. The participants ranged in age from 6/7 (DD and a pianist) to 16/17 (a singer and an awesome guitarist) with an gymnast, some keyboards and some singing in between. The kids all got a Magical Moment certificate at the end for participating. It was really cool - I'm sure DD will do it again if she can!

Thank you so much for your reply. 2 of my daughters might be interested in performing, but I was wondering if they are old enough (they are 6 & 8). It sounds like they are and I am also glad to hear that there is a piano. I will pack the stuff that they would need so that I will be prepared if they decide they want to do it. Thanks again!

There is no age range and they do literally anything. There is a sign up at Port Adventures desk, and then you MUST show up for the rehearsal or you are out.

Seriously, we've seen everything from a 3 year old tying his shoes to some semi-professional acts. One of the ship's pianists is available if guests have their own music for him or if he can work with the guest to "fake it." Also, guests can bring a CD to be played (vocal accompaniment or dance/gymnastics/juggling/whatever) for anything that needs background music.

My five year old did a routine to Jackson 5. There were quite a few singers, a cheer routine, a piano p,Ayer, someone doing yoyo tricks and some dancing. Talent varied ...all ages. Fun!

There is no age range and they do literally anything. There is a sign up at Port Adventures desk, and then you MUST show up for the rehearsal or you are out.

Seriously, we've seen everything from a 3 year old tying his shoes to some semi-professional acts. One of the ship's pianists is available if guests have their own music for him or if he can work with the guest to "fake it." Also, guests can bring a CD to be played (vocal accompaniment or dance/gymnastics/juggling/whatever) for anything that needs background music.

There is a "no stand-up comedy" policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter