• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

Well today is the first day, I think, since that advisory that Hub posted ended. So I would expect a new one coming out shortly. ::yes::

We should see a new advisory in the HUB a few days before starting another trial. However, note that the test is not going well - many angry guests and why they had to resort to giving out FP- passes.

There was also the article earlier that said they are slowing down the test... So it's a big waiting game. Last thing they want is angry customers during the holidays...

spoke with Guest Relations today who said the date for the end of Pop test is November 30, but she said that is "just for now". She also said that they are asking ALL guests to only use FP+ so that, and I quote "there are enough FP for all guests". This thing sounds like a nightmare!!!

I have to say that this fast pass mess is truly an example of the phrase, "Ignorance is bliss." I wish I didn't know! I am agonizing over whether or not to call to attempt to change reservations from Pop to another resort. Going 12/12-12/18. I have never been to WDW during this time of the year, so I have no idea just what kind of crowds to expect. It sounds so whiny and spoiled to say that you don't want to be staying at the only resort that cannot pull FP-! But, I don't .

I have a question. I ordered Disney tickets online, they were sent to my house and I manually added them to my MDE account. So I am expecting they will be on the bands correct? But should I still bring them to the parks with me (the physical tickets that is) just in case there are problems?

I assume most of you had tickets added with a package and therefore don't have a physical ticket. I am just not sure what to do with them. Once they are added to the band are they inactive? I just haven't seen anyone say they had both their tickets on the band and a physical copy of the ticket. I'd rather not bring them everywhere with us (afterall that's supposed to be one of the pluses of the band right?). But I can just see getting to the park and not being able to get in for some dumb reason and needing to go back and get them.
I'll tell ya, if I still have to bring my tickets, bring my credit card, bring my ID, bring my MVMCP tickets and bring screenshots of my reservations and fastpass+ times, then I am not seeing how this is more convenient.:crazy2:

I have to say that this fast pass mess is truly an example of the phrase, "Ignorance is bliss." I wish I didn't know! I am agonizing over whether or not to call to attempt to change reservations from Pop to another resort. Going 12/12-12/18. I have never been to WDW during this time of the year, so I have no idea just what kind of crowds to expect. It sounds so whiny and spoiled to say that you don't want to be staying at the only resort that cannot pull FP-! But, I don't .

I have a question. I ordered Disney tickets online, they were sent to my house and I manually added them to my MDE account. So I am expecting they will be on the bands correct? But should I still bring them to the parks with me (the physical tickets that is) just in case there are problems?

I assume most of you had tickets added with a package and therefore don't have a physical ticket. I am just not sure what to do with them. Once they are added to the band are they inactive? I just haven't seen anyone say they had both their tickets on the band and a physical copy of the ticket. I'd rather not bring them everywhere with us (afterall that's supposed to be one of the pluses of the band right?). But I can just see getting to the park and not being able to get in for some dumb reason and needing to go back and get them.
I'll tell ya, if I still have to bring my tickets, bring my credit card, bring my ID, bring my MVMCP tickets and bring screenshots of my reservations and fastpass+ times, then I am not seeing how this is more convenient.:crazy2:

Yep, I think you still have to bring all that stuff, lol. And, you're right not more convenient at all, actually seems a bit more inconvenient! But, I'll bring all my stuff just in case, cause I'd be so mad if I should have and didn't but could have, lol!

And, I'm thinking, couldn't you possibly use those physical tickets to pull FP-? I'd definitely bring them to at least try to if you think you'll need another couple FP for hopping or something. :)

It doesn't even sound a little bit whiny or spoiled. I mean it's not the end of the world, but in terms of a Disney vacation (which is what we are here to discuss on this board) they've put everyone at Pop at a complete disadvantage over everyone else. I'll tell you what I would do.. I would absolutely try to switch. And if they decided to add more resorts to this no KTTW card plan, then I would switch back. I mean it shouldn't be too hard to get a reservation at Pop if you want to switch back with the number of people leaving, but it might be hard to get one at any other value.

Are there actually that many people changing their reservations? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great if they did as this would be possibly be the best sign of all to the decision makers that the public are dissatisfied with the changes, however, other than those on Disboards and the other Disney forums who would know ( or even care) that they were not giving out KTTW cards.

Are there actually that many people changing their reservations? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great if they did as this would be possibly be the best sign of all to the decision makers that the public are dissatisfied with the changes, however, other than those on Disboards and the other Disney forums who would know ( or even care) that they were not giving out KTTW cards.

I think you are probably right that there aren't many doing it right now, but I imagine if this continues and other resorts aren't added, word is going to spread.

Yep, I think you still have to bring all that stuff, lol. And, you're right not more convenient at all, actually seems a bit more inconvenient! But, I'll bring all my stuff just in case, cause I'd be so mad if I should have and didn't but could have, lol!

And, I'm thinking, couldn't you possibly use those physical tickets to pull FP-? I'd definitely bring them to at least try to if you think you'll need another couple FP for hopping or something. :)

Thank you. Last night was the first time I wondered if they would work for fastpass-. I guess I can see. We plan on rope drop most mornings and have fastpass+ scheduled for the afternoons so hopefully it won't be too necessary.:)

We are going against the grain here. Staying at BCV from 12/30-1/9 and not booking any FP+ We don't buy our tickets til we arrive. Once we get them we may see what we can get for that day. We are fully going expecting to be in lines especially the first half. While we mildly plan but to pick a ride 60 days out at a specific park was taking some of the fun out of it. So maybe it will backfire or maybe will be surprised. I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Hey, I just wanted to see if anyone is getting an email from Disney telling them me to act now to get our MBs? It also says to confirm our address and has our correct resort confirmation number. Thing is, I've already personalized MBs and received them weeks ago. We checkin Dec 4. I assume this is an example of Disney systems not talking to each other and is related to the invitation to test I also received well after I had personalized MBs, made ADRs and FP+, etc. I can't imagine needing to do anything else, but I wanted to check with the Decemberists!

Hey, I just wanted to see if anyone is getting an email from Disney telling them me to act now to get our MBs? It also says to confirm our address and has our correct resort confirmation number. Thing is, I've already personalized MBs and received them weeks ago. We checkin Dec 4. I assume this is an example of Disney systems not talking to each other and is related to the invitation to test I also received well after I had personalized MBs, made ADRs and FP+, etc. I can't imagine needing to do anything else, but I wanted to check with the Decemberists!

Yes this also happened to me. I ignored it. We leave next weekend.

I received the same e mail, we are leaving next week, I just ignored it, have had the mb for a few weeks now.

Got the email too and also the snail mail thick card stock letter inviting us to test MDE even though we had MBs customized and everything.

But last night I got the email with the tracking number for the MBs. We check in 12/22.

I send DVC MS an e-mail making sure the MB's I've received are still valid after getting two letters, they said they were.

We are going against the grain here. Staying at BCV from 12/30-1/9 and not booking any FP+ We don't buy our tickets til we arrive. Once we get them we may see what we can get for that day. We are fully going expecting to be in lines especially the first half. While we mildly plan but to pick a ride 60 days out at a specific park was taking some of the fun out of it. So maybe it will backfire or maybe will be surprised. I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

From what I have read recently, there are a decent # of fast passes that become available day of...and aren't available the night before. So best of luck!

I also applaud you for being patient. I do not have your patience ; )

I'm checking in on December 4 and wondering what, if anything, I need to do with my older-style UT paper/tyvek passes. I suppose the options are either do nothing or go to guest services and exchange them for RF passes.

I have the passes linked in MDE, so MBs should work for park admission. I do want to try FP-, so I'm wondering if the older passes still work in the FP machines? I have no idea if KTTW cards will work in the FP machines or not by the time we get down there.

So, I guess the only things I need the physical passes for are for admission backup and to pull FP-. Given this, can I just hold on to the paper/tyvek or should I take the time to exchange them at guest services?

I'm checking in on December 4 and wondering what, if anything, I need to do with my older-style UT paper/tyvek passes. I suppose the options are either do nothing or go to guest services and exchange them for RF passes.

I have the passes linked in MDE, so MBs should work for park admission. I do want to try FP-, so I'm wondering if the older passes still work in the FP machines? I have no idea if KTTW cards will work in the FP machines or not by the time we get down there.

So, I guess the only things I need the physical passes for are for admission backup and to pull FP-. Given this, can I just hold on to the paper/tyvek or should I take the time to exchange them at guest services?

Your old paper tickets since they are linked to MBs should be fine to pull FP-

Unless you are staying at POP or if they will expand the round 2 of tests, you can request backup KTTW cards and they'll be able to pull FP-.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter