Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

December 12th arrival checking in to follow with fingers crossed!
Staying at AKL-K!

We check in on POR on 12/22. Originally we were at CSR under FD PIN but a fifth family member is joining us. No availability until late one night, so booked a new res under FD. But ticket prices made that a $120 difference.

Eventually I got guest services to move my room of the original res to POR and added the fifth person.

Had issues with MDE. After two 2hr calls, iT and guest services fixed it all.

But I logged into the BOG FP+ system and it's listing most of us twice - I would be able to make reservations but for 9 people. IT was no help on this. I have a dining res for BOG but for four - unless I can add the fith, I would try to do lunch instead.

We are 68 days out for our first stay at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. Very confused with changes. Just logged on to MDE and still says "Manage MagicBands" so I think I can't yet customize, right?

And secondly, if we purchased a package including tickets, do we have to "Link" our tickets or will they be linked automatically.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

We are 68 days out for our first stay at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. Very confused with changes. Just logged on to MDE and still says "Manage MagicBands" so I think I can't yet customize, right?
The words "Manage MagicBands" will change to "Personalize MagicBands" at some point. Then you can customize them. Just keep checking your MDE account and one day it will appear. :)

And secondly, if we purchased a package including tickets, do we have to "Link" our tickets or will they be linked automatically.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

If you can see your tickets in your list of reservations, then they are linked and you are set to go. If you click on My Reservations, it will list your resort reservations, your tickets and passes, and your dining reservations. :)

If you get a pop up box when you first log in that says "Get Ready to Experience MyMagic +", you can just ignore it. The IT folks say it is a glitch. It doesn't allow you to customize MB's or to pull FP+'s, it just teases you about it. ;)

The words "Manage MagicBands" will change to "Personalize MagicBands" at some point. Then you can customize them. Just keep checking your MDE account and one day it will appear. :) If you can see your tickets in your list of reservations, then they are linked and you are set to go. If you click on My Reservations, it will list your resort reservations, your tickets and passes, and your dining reservations. :) If you get a pop up box when you first log in that says "Get Ready to Experience MyMagic +", you can just ignore it. The IT folks say it is a glitch. It doesn't allow you to customize MB's or to pull FP+'s, it just teases you about it. ;)

This is very helpful information. Thank you so much!

The words "Manage MagicBands" will change to "Personalize MagicBands" at some point. Then you can customize them. Just keep checking your MDE account and one day it will appear. :)

If you can see your tickets in your list of reservations, then they are linked and you are set to go. If you click on My Reservations, it will list your resort reservations, your tickets and passes, and your dining reservations. :)

If you get a pop up box when you first log in that says "Get Ready to Experience MyMagic +", you can just ignore it. The IT folks say it is a glitch. It doesn't allow you to customize MB's or to pull FP+'s, it just teases you about it. ;)

Thank you for the info.

In regards to the tickets, should I see all 6 names with tickets because I only see 2. My brother who has his own account and mine. I have 4 in total to manage, DH, and 2 DDs. The 6th ticket is another brother who has his own account and not listed.

I also see a notification, but can't download on my iPad.

Thank you for the info. In regards to the tickets, should I see all 6 names with tickets because I only see 2. My brother who has his own account and mine. I have 4 in total to manage, DH, and 2 DDs. The 6th ticket is another brother who has his own account and not listed. I also see a notification, but can't download on my iPad.
Yes, if you have six tickets for six people then should all be listed. If all of the six people are linked as friends and family and if you can manage them, then you should be able to link the tickets to them. If you can't get it to work then you will probably have to call the Disney website group for help. This is the kind of thing that they frequently have to fix.

Yes, if you have six tickets for six people then should all be listed. If all of the six people are linked as friends and family and if you can manage them, then you should be able to link the tickets to them. If you can't get it to work then you will probably have to call the Disney website group for help. This is the kind of thing that they frequently have to fix.

Thanks. Will call to have fixed before our 60 day mark.

Yay! My paper tickets linked problem free!! Now for the 60 day mark to get here.

If I place an order with UT online - looking at the 5 day ticket option - how will I know if I will get the paper ticket or a plastic ticket? I want paper, of course, if it will work for FP+.

I'm getting ready to take the plunge so that I'm prepared in time for my 60 day window.

If I place an order with UT online - looking at the 5 day ticket option - how will I know if I will get the paper ticket or a plastic ticket? I want paper, of course, if it will work for FP+.

I'm getting ready to take the plunge so that I'm prepared in time for my 60 day window.

my understanding is that UT is out of paper and only has RFID. We usually buy from UT, but during this particular messy time period I'd buy direct and spend the few extra bucks if FP+ is important to you. We happen to already have tickets for our December visit but i think people have posted you can just buy tickets directly in the MDE website online and they link right up.

my understanding is that UT is out of paper and only has RFID. We usually buy from UT, but during this particular messy time period I'd buy direct and spend the few extra bucks if FP+ is important to you. We happen to already have tickets for our December visit but i think people have posted you can just buy tickets directly in the MDE website online and they link right up.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. :thumbsup2

I have a room only reservation for December. I plan to buy my tickets either through my niece who is a cast member, or through my sil who can get discounted tickets through her employer, Walgreens. Will I be able to link those tickets to my reservation? I see talk about paper tickets vs RFID tickets and I'm a bit confused.

I have a room only reservation for December. I plan to buy my tickets either through my niece who is a cast member, or through my sil who can get discounted tickets through her employer, Walgreens. Will I be able to link those tickets to my reservation? I see talk about paper tickets vs RFID tickets and I'm a bit confused.

I have almost the same question. I have a room only reservation and will get our park tickets through my daughters best friend who is a CM, so will we still get Magic Bands??

Love this thread! Checking dec 3rd at aoa!

My husband is military and we buy our tickets on base, so I'm really confused about this linking paper and plastic ticket stuff. What are the issues exactly with the plastic? I honestly thought those would be the easier ones.

Love this thread! Checking dec 3rd at aoa! My husband is military and we buy our tickets on base, so I'm really confused about this linking paper and plastic ticket stuff. What are the issues exactly with the plastic? I honestly thought those would be the easier ones.

I don't have anything to contribute to this unfortunately, but I'd like to say thank you to your husband for his service.

We check in to Yacht Club on 12/5 and can't wait to try the MB. Ours will be a split stay with three days at Yacht, two days at BWI and 5 days at GF. I really don't want MB for each one of those stays. I have already linked all our resort reservations into MDE. I was also able to add my AP to my MDE. However, I can't seem to link my mom's into my account. She has her own MDE and its showing both of our passes. Does anyone know if I should be able to view her pass on my account? Will this affect our ability to get FP+ at the same time? I have to admit these new systems are rather confusing. I hope it makes more sense when we actually get to do it.

We check in to Yacht Club on 12/5 and can't wait to try the MB. Ours will be a split stay with three days at Yacht, two days at BWI and 5 days at GF. I really don't want MB for each one of those stays. I have already linked all our resort reservations into MDE. I was also able to add my AP to my MDE. However, I can't seem to link my mom's into my account. She has her own MDE and its showing both of our passes. Does anyone know if I should be able to view her pass on my account? Will this affect our ability to get FP+ at the same time? I have to admit these new systems are rather confusing. I hope it makes more sense when we actually get to do it.

you likely will get 3 sets of bands. But the bands are linked to YOU and not the particular hotel stay. So you should be able to use the same set at all 3 places.

As far as not seeing your mom's tickets on your MDE, it's not clear if you will be able to make FP+'s or not (i think ONE person posted it didn't matter for their ability to make FP+s for the others but i cant remember for sure).

But you probably cant see her tickets becasue she has a wrong setting. Tell her to check you on her account (my friends and family and then EDIT button next to your name)- seems she should have you listed with the checkbox for "add to family list" checked. And if that doesn't work try the check for "view ALL my activities". Apparently that's been messing up some people.

you likely will get 3 sets of bands. But the bands are linked to YOU and not the particular hotel stay. So you should be able to use the same set at all 3 places.

As far as not seeing your mom's tickets on your MDE, it's not clear if you will be able to make FP+'s or not (i think ONE person posted it didn't matter for their ability to make FP+s for the others but i cant remember for sure).

But you probably cant see her tickets becasue she has a wrong setting. Tell her to check you on her account (my friends and family and then EDIT button next to your name)- seems she should have you listed with the checkbox for "add to family list" checked. And if that doesn't work try the check for "view ALL my activities". Apparently that's been messing up some people.

Thanks for the tip. I wondered if it might be a setting that was wrong. She changed her setting to view all my activities and now I can see both our passes. I don't know what I'm going to do with 3 sets of magic bands that are all linked to me. :confused3 It looks like I have everything good to go when things become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter