• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

The other issue we have is that we are staying in Disney from Nov 30th to December 22nd :cool1: and I have read about fast pass + not only having the 3 a day limit but actually having a limit for consecutive days as well. Something to do with the AP holders having a quarterly limit so if you are staying over 7 days this can then become an issue :confused3

Uh oh. I haven't read about that yet. We are staying with 9 day park hopper passes. I hope we do not have issues with getting fp+ for all 9 days!

Nothing over here yet either. We are going December 14 - 22nd. Hope they decide soon which resorts are doing the trail in December or maybe by then it will be going for everyone. What do you all think?

I wish that there was some kind of rhyme or reason to figure out when FP+ and magic bands are going to be made available for December arrivals. Arriving December 7th.:scratchin

Arriving december 1st at AKL, so 62 days to go and still no MBs to customize yet... :confused3

I am checking with both the app and the website, but I have one doubt: when it pops up in the app, where is the MB customization option shown? In the Notifications, maybe? :scratchin:scratchin

My party Me(38):donald: Partner(52) :mickeyjum

*2007 All Star Music *2010 DisneyParis offsite *2011 Disneyland Calif offsite *2012 Jun Port Orleans French Quarters *2012 Nov Port Orleans French Quarters

:rainbow:

We check in on DVC points at Kidani on November 30th so I have been able to customise our magic bands already but can not do anything with fastpass+ yet.

We have a couple of issues :(

First is that our tour operator doesn't usually send out e-tickets until about 2 weeks before the trip so we are fighting with them at the minute to try and get them early - it's so frustrating. Without them we can not do anything, definitely a reason to buy direct from Disney in future.

The other issue we have is that we are staying in Disney from Nov 30th to December 22nd :cool1: and I have read about fast pass + not only having the 3 a day limit but actually having a limit for consecutive days as well. Something to do with the AP holders having a quarterly limit so if you are staying over 7 days this can then become an issue :confused3

I am an AP holder and made FP+ selections this morning for 8 consecutive days.

(11/29 check-in)

Check in 11/27 and was able to start making FP yesterday through 12/8. Only issue is seems not all rides and attractions are loaded yet for dec

Arriving december 1st at AKL, so 62 days to go and still no MBs to customize yet... :confused3

I am checking with both the app and the website, but I have one doubt: when it pops up in the app, where is the MB customization option shown? In the Notifications, maybe? :scratchin:scratchin

My party Me(38):donald: Partner(52) :mickeyjum

*2007 All Star Music *2010 DisneyParis offsite *2011 Disneyland Calif offsite *2012 Jun Port Orleans French Quarters *2012 Nov Port Orleans French Quarters

:rainbow:

I believe I read somewhere, perhaps Disney's site, that you would receive an e-mail invite before it showed on MDE. I would be watching that closely as we'll. we arrive 12/1 but I am wondering if testing has some glitches whether they will go live for the busiest time of the year. I have no problem either way.

All resorts as I have read on other sites will have magicbands available starting by the end of October:

Here is the current schedule of roll out:

September 30 to October 31 2013
◾Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village
◾Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
◾Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
◾Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
◾Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter

October 7 to October 31 2013
◾Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
◾Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
◾Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
◾Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort

October 14 to October 31 2013
◾Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
◾Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
◾Disney’s Old Key West Resort
◾Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
◾Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

October 21 to October 31 2013
◾Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
◾Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

October 23 to October 31 2013
◾The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Through to October 31 2013
◾Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House
◾Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
◾Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
◾Disney’s Beach Club Resort
◾Disney’s Beach Club Villas
◾Disney’s Contemporary Resort
◾Disney’s Polynesian Resort
◾Disney’s Pop Century Resort
◾Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
◾Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Here is something I found on the November thread:

For those that do not follow Touring Plan's tweets, this just came out:

"Beginning today MyMagic+ is officially rolling out in waves across Walt Disney World Resorts. All guests checking in to resorts on or after the dates listed below will receive MagicBands and have access to the FASTPASS+ System. Every Monday for the next 4 weeks new resorts will be added. Then when Grand Floridian Villas open on October 23, 2013 all resorts will be fully online with the program. The program will still be considered testing for now, think of it as a sort of soft opening. The official start date for MyMagic+ is December 1, 2013.

For arrivals on or after:

September 30, 2013: Bay Lake Tower, Kidani Village, Port Orleans French Quarter, Grand Floridian, and All Star Movies.

October 7, 2013: All Star Sports, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, and Caribbean Beach Resort.

October 14, 2013: All Star Music, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

October 21, 2013: Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and Saratoga Springs.

October 23, 2013: Grand Floridan Villas."

http://t.co/B6fIz4HoNh

Keep in mind that this list does not include the resorts that have been part of the MB testing for months now, like YC, BC, Poly, PoP, AoA, POR, etc.

In other words, all resort guests will have MB's soon. :) We are checking into the WL on Nov 30th and were able to customize our bands on Thursday.

and as for the customization of the bands, when your check in is available, you click on personalize magicbands under the page with the countdown to how long til Disney!

Scroll to bottom of the personalization page and you will see the members of your party and then a button that says customize beside each member.

Hope this helps just did my recently for my November 26 to December 2nd trip.

OK So i can personalize my MB's WAY EXITING

But FP+ is only 60 days out? Correct

I check in to ASMo on 11/30 for 1 night and then got to SSR for 6 nights on DVC points

Will i be able to make FP+ reservations for my length of stay, i should also add that i have Premium Annual Passes

So this makes me wonder if in Devember MBs are going to be considered testing or live. Wondering if we will still have use of FP- or just FP+.

So this makes me wonder if in Devember MBs are going to be considered testing or live. Wondering if we will still have use of FP- or just FP+.

I don't think they can get rid of FP- until offsite guests/Annual Passholders are dealt with.

OK So i can personalize my MB's WAY EXITING

But FP+ is only 60 days out? Correct

I check in to ASMo on 11/30 for 1 night and then got to SSR for 6 nights on DVC points

Will i be able to make FP+ reservations for my length of stay, i should also add that i have Premium Annual Passes

We check in to Art of Animation on 11/30 and then to SSR (on points) for 6 nights as well! :cool1:

I was able to customize MB's several days ago for our AoA ressies, but still don't have any for SSR. Have you been able to get MB's for your SSR stay yet?

We have PAP's too!! We have to activate after we get there. Are your PAP's activated? I sure hope we can get FP+'s tomorrow! Please post to update on your progress! I am now wondering how early to get on the computer in the morning! :laughing:

We check in to Art of Animation on 11/30 and then to SSR (on points) for 6 nights as well! :cool1:

I was able to customize MB's several days ago for our AoA ressies, but still don't have any for SSR. Have you been able to get MB's for your SSR stay yet?

We have PAP's too!! We have to activate after we get there. Are your PAP's activated? I sure hope we can get FP+'s tomorrow! Please post to update on your progress! I am now wondering how early to get on the computer in the morning! :laughing:

TXTink,

Arriving at SSR 2 days after you an haven't ben able to personalize MB's and get FP's.

TXTink,

Arriving at SSR 2 days after you an haven't ben able to personalize MB's and get FP's.

Cool, you are getting there right after us!

I have read on here that some can't get MB's and FP+'s until after they check in online. Then it opens up. We don't usually do online check in, but if I can't get our FP+'s in the morning, I will try that.

The MB's that I have been able to personalize are connected to our AoA reservation. I have also read that some/most get a set of MB's for each resort reservation. Since we have AP's, I don't know that we will get 2 sets offered, but I'm hoping we do. I wouldn't mind having 2 colors to pick from each day! ;)

How do you know if you get the invite? I just keep seeing on disboard forums that MDE will show an "activate magic band" tab. Do you get email as well??

all invites are gone for magicbands as of October 31st. There is a list that I posted stating when resorts are going "live". :banana::santa:

How do you know if you get the invite? I just keep seeing on disboard forums that MDE will show an "activate magic band" tab. Do you get email as well??

I have read of others getting an email letting them know, but I didn't. I signed up for MDE a while back and just looked around that web site every now and then. I also downloaded the app to my phone. I read on here that people were starting to get MB and FP+ offers for vacations there were around the same time as ours, so I started looking at MDE almost every day. Then one day the wording changed to allow personalizing the MB's, so I did. I still don't have FP+ yet. I hope it opens up for me tomorrow, that is my 60 day mark. Good luck!!

We are checking into VWL on Dec. 1. We purchased our tickets by calling Disney directly and they are linked to our MDE account. I still don't have the option to customize MagicBands yet, however, today when I logged in FastPass+ selections came up after clicking on that section, then immediately greyed out and a message came up saying at least one member of my party must be within the 60-day window to begin booking times. I've been checking for days now and that's the first time I've seen that, so it gives me hope that it will open up soon for all of us first-weekers to begin making reservations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter