Anyone have Clearwater beach tips?

Disx5

Earning My Ears
We (family with two teen girls and preschooler) are thinking of going to the Clearwater beach Hilton for a few nights before wdw in July.

We chose this beach because we wanted to experience the gulf and because of proximity to wdw.

The nights would include July 4th. Would this be a good idea or too crowded to have fun? We have been in wdw over the 4th (so we know crowded!)

Is this beach nice for families? Is it way too tacky or dirty?

Just don't know if it will be worth it to go or not.

Thank you for any help/opinions!

It is a beautiful beach, not at all tacky or dirty. And the gulf side is way better than the Atlantic side, the beaches are white and beautiful.

That being said, yes, it will be crazy crowded. Any place that has high rise hotels and condos will be super crowded with people all summer, especially on a holiday like the 4th.

We have a second home in Pensacola Beach, it is an area with houses, not high rises, so it is never crazy crowded with people. So, I admit, I am spoiled.

I think you can still have fun in Clearwater, it will just be crowded and HOT!!

You will love it!! There's not much sight-seeing to do, but if relaxation and beach lounging are what you're looking for, it will be perfect. We love the powdery sand of the gulf side of FL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter