Anyone have an AP day report?

So it's great Blue Sky Cellar has coloring goodies but do they also have a display of what their doing in DL?

No because BSC is closed, other than for special events. The permanent stuff like the desk and the map are there.

This is my first time having an AP, we had planned this last week's trip long before it was announced to be AP Appreciation Month. I was honestly underwhelmed by the "appreciation" events. And we kept getting conflicting info from Cast Members which led to us missing out on pictures with Jiminy Cricket.
Also stage 17 stops the videos in the early evening. We were there at 7pm on Friday and no character photo op and no videos. Was kinda silly (and we weren't told these as we entered, other AP'ers inside informed us).

We were more impressed by the simple customer service received around the parks. I'm not sure if it was having the AP (for discounts at dining and stores, or with the PP photographers) along with AP Appreciation month, but we received the BEST service in a long time. Even the gate CM welcomed us as Princess & Prince (we were without the kids).

Can anyone provide information for this week's Events, Feb 8th to 14th?
I'll be watching for information.

TIA

Geemo

Stage 17 was closed today. BSC opened an hour after the park. Between the Peyton Manning appearance and DCA's anniversary and Lunar New Year it was packed. I got to bag check before 9am and wasn't in the park until after the DCA ceremony at rope drop. There was a long line that extended down the WCT ramp by 9:40. They did the same as last week, scan once to get in and scan again to get buttons. There's this week's button and the Snow White ones again. Inside there was a line for recipe cards and pamphlets. They had last week and this week's cards on separate tables. This week was Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Crescent City Salad. The pamphlet had an I Spy game. People were also taking stacks of blank coloring pages. It's just copy paper. I say take 1-2 and make your own copies. I know Disney can make more copies, but come on, don't be greedy. Later they put out a leftover basket of last week's buttons and people swarmed it and were taking handfuls. It was a little sad. At least they're scanning for the current week so if we can't go on Mondays we can get one. I overheard several people complaining about no character meet. It was so packed in there I don't see how they would have done it. With Stage 17 closed 3 days this week I don't know yet if I'll be back to brave that one. I didn't try to get a wristband for the Opera House because DL was a zoo. The wind was awful so I just waited for the parade, had lunch in DTD while the crowds cleared and left. Then the freeway was shut down and it took me over 90 minutes to get to LAX when it would normally be about 40. I was glad I had lunch before I left!

We were there today, too. Same as SMD - got in bag check line about 8:40 and didn't even make it in the park til well past opening. I had no idea Manning was there today.

I was really bummed about stage 17 being closed. I was hoping they'd at least have an AP character MG someplace else. I was very underwhelmed at BSC. I got the recipe cards for this week and last and my buttons and that's it. Honestly it wasn't worth the wait in line for me. We didn't go to the opera house at all.

It was a fun surprise to get the DCA 15th anniversary button as we came in. We also enjoyed the Lunar New Year activities - got to see a lion dance as well as the big processional. The girls wanted to take a pic with Mulan but when we got in the line a CM told us it was a 2 hour wait from that point so we moved on. There were also long lines for most of the other activities, though we did color a lantern with no wait.

Another fun time was hanging out with the Jungle Cruise CMs. We watched their land cruise show and they got both girls involved in putting in on.

I was really bummed about stage 17 being closed. I was hoping they'd at least have an AP character MG someplace else. I was very underwhelmed at BSC. I got the recipe cards for this week and last and my buttons and that's it. Honestly it wasn't worth the wait in line for me. We didn't go to the opera house at all.
When I went back later there wasn't a line to get into the waiting area, and since I had a button already I bypassed that scan. Next week if I go I think I'll just skip Monday. It was so hot and windy today that if I were going to do the coloring activity I'd rather do it inside there than Main St station or the Lunar New Year area. So later in the day when the rush is over I think it's a nicer experience. I was a little disappointed that one of the recipes in the potato soup recipe, but I decided that I'll give the cards themselves as part of an engagement gift to some friends. I think they'll like having the matching printed cards, and I'd be happy with just the recipes. I was more disappointed in the "charging stations." I usually have a cord, but I don't bring an adapter with me. They should have had USB chargers.

The Photopass photo they take... I don't have Photopass on my AP. Is it like the Disney Visa one where you get a free copy, or is it only available with the Photopass? Will they take one with my cell phone if I ask?

Hoping for Baymax!

Yes they will take a picture with your cell phone, but you might want to bring a real camera for the better flash. Every AP has a PP number on it, you just only get free downloads if you're Siganture or above. Have them scan your AP anyway because that will save the pic with a watermark on your app for 45 days. They have a special right now where APs you can get 5 prints of 3 different pics for $20. I have 2 pics from the last 30 days that are print worthy and if I get another good one next week I'll likely buy that package, so I'm glad I got all my pics scanned. You can save ride pics too by entering the code on the screen in the app, so you get some time to decide if you want to buy or just a few extra days to look at them.

I attended a few of the AP Days locations (Stage 17 and Blue Sky Cellar). At Blue Sky Cellar the AP Days consisted of receiving pins, recipes, charging stations and information regarding linking your AP to the Disneyland App (which I found helpful). I also believe that they offered some activities for the kids but didn't look since I didn't have any children with me. At Stage 17 the AP Days consisted of various photo opportunities with a couple of different backgrounds and a surprise character (yesterday was Roger Rabbit), more pins, popcorn and water (I appreciated the bottled water), coloring, pin trading and a place to sit and relax to get out of the sun. At Disneyland I noticed that AP Days had another line to watch a movie but I didn't want to get in line since I think I recall the wait between each showing was 90-minutes. Obviously with yesterday being a holiday it was a bit crowded and I hope during the week will be less crowded.

Happy Tuesday! Just wondering if anyone has any reports about Saturday afternoons at Stage 17. We have been going in the mornings and there have been lines before Stage 17 opens. I am curious to see how busy it is in the afternoon. Thank you!

At DL you get a wristband for your show time and them you don't have to go back until 10-15 minutes before. They have coloring for kids at BSC and Stage 17. The last 2 weeks there have been different coloring pages at each. You can get the weekly button at BSC or Stage 17 or when you get a wristband at the Opera House. The recipe cards are at BSC and this week at Village House and Paradise Garden Grill and next week at Pizza Port and Award Wieners.

This has details under "You're Invited":
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/ap-days/

The only thing that really needs more explanation is that that the "guest device charging stations" are outlets. You need your own cable and adapter to use them. Also, they stopped showing the shorts when the characters were out. Week 1 we didn't have any problem getting in the line, but week 2 the line was full and cut off after only 5 minutes. Stage 17 was also closed 3 days last week, which might have had something to do with it. If you really want to see the character, I'd say be willing to invest a half hour watching the cartoons and then when they open the line, get in it and wait for the character to come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter