Anyone have an AP day report?

dotfurio

What happened to the disappearing act?
We're going on Monday and curious about all they are offering.

http://twitter.com/search?q=#apdays

The times guide says wristband distribution at 12pm for screenings starting at 5pm. There was no way I was going to battle first day crowds for the type of APs who would stomp you into the ground for a free, limited supply button.

We were there yesterday but I misunderstood and thought the event at Main Street Cinema would be going on during the day. I saw a sign that said it started at 5 pm!

I checked Facebook and a user posted that the character meet & greet was at Stage 17 at DCA. So we did head over there and were so stoked when we saw what character was doing the meet & greet! (I don't want to spoil it!) But we were told they were closing off the line and to come back in 45 minutes. Unfortunately, we had to drive back to Phoenix yesterday and couldn't wait 45 minutes.

We did get two buttons each, and a popcorn and water! It looked like there were coloring activities for the kids, too.

My advice is to go to Stage 17 at DCA as soon as you can. And check that Disneyland AP Facebook post in the comments, someone posted the schedule there.

We were there Monday and were in line at Stage 17 in the morning when they started letting people in. It was really fun, they had seating and screens up that were showing some promotional stuff, we did get to get our picture taken with the mystery guest of the week. There is supposed to be a different character for each week of the month. We got our buttons for Main Street, there is also a different button for each theme week. Popcorn and water and some coloring things for the kiddies. A generic #APDays photopass photographer spot separate from the character was also available and they took a ton of photos of each group.

We then headed over to Blue Sky Cellar where they also had the buttons and some recipe cards that also will rotate depending on the week. There was a coloring station there also, not sure if it was different from the Stage 17 one. There was also a photopass photographer talking about all the different ways to access your photos and about some special photo shoots they have started doing.

We weren't staying long enough to go the viewings at night, but we thought it was fun and we got some cute extras.

I'm going tomorrow and have been compiling information, so I'll share it with you. :)

At Main St. Opera House in DL, every day but 2/9, they are showing episodes of the old Disneyland/Wonderful World of Color show, like they did last year for Wednesdays with Walt. You pick up wrist bands starting at noon from in front of the Opera House, the showings are every 90 minutes beginning at 5pm until park close (i.e. 5:00, 6:30, maybe 8:00 if the park is open after 8pm that night). These videos usually last 45-60 minutes. You'll get a bottle of water and a bag of prepackaged popcorn. You can also pick up the button of the week and the special map of the week there.

At Blue Sky Cellar in DCA, every day from opening until one hour before close (except 2/8 & 2/9 when it is closing earlier), they've got the buttons, both recipe cards and maps for the week, as well as a coloring station (yesterday's pics were all of people coloring Mickey Mouse here) and a continuous loop of cartoons and historical footage. They also have a help desk for the Photopass pictures you can take at different places.

Stage 17 at DCA is open from 11:00am to park close (except 2/2 closes early, dark on 2/7, 2/8, 2/12, 2/13, early on 2/17 dark on 2/24). They have the themed photo canvas, short films, free water and popcorn, buttons and maps, and pictures with special characters every 45 minutes.

Yesterday 2/1, the character was Jiminy Cricket. I'm spoiling this, because I asked the Disney AP organizers on Twitter if there would be more characters, and they said that there will be several characters rotating throughout the month, but that they won't announce who that special character will be until that day. I also noticed that there was a coloring station set up at Stage 17 that had pictures of Jiminy Cricket, so that may change each day with the character available also. Have not seen anything yet about whether the special characters are available on days when Stage 17 is closed.

My understanding is each week, you can get photos in front of the themed canvas at Stage 17, the Character at Stage 17 and the generic APDays Step and Repeat, which I think may be at the Opera House (no one on Twitter or Instagram has said where it is yet). And the way Disneyland talks about these AP only photo ops, it sounds like you should be able to get free downloads of the pictures (like you can at other AP only parties).

Also, the recipe cards are available at select restaurants, in addition to Sky Cellar. This week the recipes are for Walt's chili and a Lemon Chiffon Pie Walt loved. The restaurants where you could also get the recipes were Jolly Holiday in DL and Clarabelle's at DCA. Week 2 is Smokejumpers at DCA and Bengal Barbecue at DL. Week 3 Village Haus at DL and Paradise Garden Grill at DCA. Week 4 Red Rocket's Pizza at DL and Award Weiners at DCA

If you want more info, and you have Twitter or Instagram, just follow the #APDAYS hashtag and see what people are posting each day.

Just saw a post on instagram that said this week will be jiminy cricket next week is king louie and baloo the next week is roger rabbit and the next is baymax. I don't know if this is true or not but it would be awesome if this was true. I still want to see Angel though. http://iconosquare.com/tag/apdays

Just saw a post on instagram that said this week will be jiminy cricket next week is king louie and baloo the next week is roger rabbit and the next is baymax. I don't know if this is true or not but it would be awesome if this was true. I still want to see Angel though. http://iconosquare.com/tag/apdays
It would certainly fit in with the theming, but I won't deny I'm a bit disappointed. I like Roger and all, but can't they replace him with the cast from Robin Hood?? hahaha I want a picture with Prince John. :D

I'm going on the 8th. Does that mean no character meet?!? :( Ah well, it is what it is. Looking forward to seeing Blue Sky Cellars, I don't think I've ever been there. I bet my girls will love the coloring pages. It's funny how after just a year of being AP holders our kids are enjoying the more obscure activities we would normally avoid for the sake of time. Our last trip they spent half an hour coloring at the Main St train station and chatting with the CM's. They got Honorary Conductor certificate for it :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
If the last week (the only week I will be there) is Baymax, I will be over the moon!!!!

I went to Disneyland this afternoon, and took a few pictures of this week's theme. We had to leave early, so I wasn't able to watch the show, but will be back tomorrow to watch it. They also gave out pamphlets with Main Street fun facts on one side, and Buena Vista fun facts on the other, and they had a Main Street Mickey Mouse button, as well as a promotional Snow White movie. We had to hand them our APs, they scanned them, then gave us the buttons.

We didn't make it to California Adventure, but hopefully tomorrow to see some of the fun things there.

upload_2016-2-5_21-50-15.png ..... upload_2016-2-5_21-50-50.png

upload_2016-2-5_21-51-35.png ..... upload_2016-2-5_21-52-36.png

Last edited:
We went to Stage 17 this afternoon. The line for the Jiminy Cricket M&G was about 30 minutes long. No wait at all for the other PhotoPass op or for popcorn and water.

ETA: Just looked at our PhotoPass photos. The red carpet photo op at Stage 17 has a border at the bottom that says "AP Days, Week 1." That was a nice touch which I wasn't expecting.

Last edited:
Stage 17 said in the preview material there would be continuous videos shown, however they only have a tiny intro video. It is fun to color pages and they have areas to sit to eat your popcorn and water. Your photos with Jiminy are not free downloads, unless you have the Signature AP, etc. (unless they plan to email us the downloads at a later date).

At Sky Cellar, they also said they were running continuous videos, but this turned out to be nothing more than a PR video for the event.

Still, I'm not complaining. I love the recipes and fun fact maps and the rare character photos.

Are the AP February character meet and greet only at Stage 17 in DCA?

I have a quick overnight solo trip next Tuesday. Not a lot of time once there to figure things out.
If anyone has info regarding AP activities on Feb 9 & 10 I'd appreciate it.

Geemo

So... my fiance is taking his son to DL for his son's birthday this month. Fiance has an AP but his son does not. Do any of you happen to know whether his son will be eligible to participate in any of the activities? I know he would not be able to get a button or anything... I don't have a very good understanding of exactly what the offerings are.

They scan APs before you enter Stage 17 or BSC. They then scan APs again once you're inside before they give you a button. I would not plan on them allowing a non-AP holder into any of the activities. Also, they're strict about extra AP Days buttons, but we asked for a extra Snow White DVD button for a non-AP friend and were given that at BSC after we had gotten the other button at Stage 17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter