Anyone have a "puker"?!

I do and he is 19 now and still a puker, sorry to say. Allergies and asthma and pukes really easy almost on command. All illnesses no matter what they are if they involve mucus he pukes.

My older son was a puker. He had reflux, which he has outgrown. If he ate too fast, or too much, or drank a ton on top of his meal, up it came.

It was very frustrating because the school wanted me to pick him up every time. Most of the time he was gulping lunch to have extra time on the playground.

My four year old is. I was kind of hoping it would ease up as he got older but from the replies here it looks like it may continue into adulthood.:scared:

I am not a puker except on boats and in cars. I wanted to share with you somthing i found out this year. Seabands! I never thought these things would work but wow! I put them on, and went on a 2 hr car ride, fallowed by 2.5 hours on a boat. I didnt vomit once!!! I hear they work for morning sickness too. Totally worth the $9 I spent. Oh best part? all natural!

No, PTL!! :worship: U all are better parents than I!

DS does get seasick in small boats, but that's it.

I'm 33 and I am a puker. This kind of makes me feel like I'm at a support group. for me its almost always related to stress. to much stress, to much excitement. certain foods will do it: to much ranch, or to much dairy product. I'd say I'm lactose intolerant, but it doesn't happen all the time. even at 33 I've been known to have a random act of puking and just do it in a parking lot. Its horrible and slightly embarrassing. I can ride anything at Disney and nothing bothers me, but give me an fudge sundae, and chicken nuggets with ranch sauce and to much stress, and I'm going to need a trash can.

Omg so glad to read this thread.I am the puker and I thought I was alone . Anything makes me sick, smells, stress, a head ache, being warm, sleeping too long, really just thinking I might throw up. This was the worst when I was pregnant. I throw up prolly twice a month, and pretty much always have. 6 times a day when I was pregnant.

My DD9 months seems to have caught it. She vomits at least twice a week. My DH and I nearly laugh when she does it now, cause she does it so much.

I am not a puker except on boats and in cars. I wanted to share with you somthing i found out this year. Seabands! I never thought these things would work but wow! I put them on, and went on a 2 hr car ride, fallowed by 2.5 hours on a boat. I didnt vomit once!!! I hear they work for morning sickness too. Totally worth the $9 I spent. Oh best part? all natural!

Yes! We keep these in the car now. Still have vomit bags, too (just in case!)

First I haven't read the rest of the post so somebody may have mentioned this.
Has she been to an Ears, Nose & Throat Dr, I as well as some family members have acid reflux, some of the situations you mention are very familiar. Also some sound like motion sickness. HTH.

My sister just asked my DS5, the random acts of vomit boy, to be the ring bearer in her wedding. My DH and I were laughing because we know vomit will occur that day!

Erin1700 said:
My sister just asked my DS5, the random acts of vomit boy, to be the ring bearer in her wedding. My DH and I were laughing because we know vomit will occur that day!

Random acts of vomit, RAV I love it !! Lol

My DS5 is one. Bad smells, crying, mucus, car trips, anxiety,too much foodin his mouth -- they all set him off. I am dreading kindergarten next year.

I am surprised to see all the posts about anxiety / emotions as a cause. I consider this DD the less anxious of my two (I am an anxiuos/nervous/worrier), but I've been wondering lately if she just hides it better. This makes me sad:sad1:

DS is 8 and is a puker. His triggers are nasal drainage, smells, food textures, and eating/drinking too much. Thankfully now he can make it to the bathroom or outside when he gets sick, and it's not as frequent. I try to modify things that I know will trigger it. Thankfully he has had understanding teachers and they don't send him home when he vomits due to one of the triggers.
I really hope he grows out of it!

My ds is a puker. His seems to be triggered by a brain tumor. Even now, after it's been removed, he'll still get throwing up headaches. In fact, he had a bad one just the other day.

Make a doctor's appointment FOR this issue; don't just mention it. Try to problem solve regarding each cause. Dairy causes lots of mucus; take her off dairy. Sugar does the same thing. Don't allow her to consume sugar often. Treat your house for allergens like dust mites, animals. She also might have GERD, ask her pediatrician if giving her something OTC is ok for now; I recommend 'complete' either by TopCare or Pepcid Complete(which is really hard to find.) Teach her how to blow her nose well and always have water on hand for her to wash her throat of the offending mucus. Teach her how to do some relaxation breathing; gag reflex is sometimes mind over matter. Good luck!

My, dd now 17 is the same way, motion in the car, but can ride the teacups, heat, lighting types, gag reflex, rarely got sick but when she did, projectile.
Severe motion sickness keeps her home bound so much unless she takes a scopamine (sp) transdermal patch for three days. Typical nausea n, Bonnie really no help.
We try to encorouge pears and one chewable that has pectin in it to help. Gosh last cruise was terrible when hurricaine Leslie rocked the boat. Nothing helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter