Anyone going to AKL in January?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
:cool1: Just made the first move toward booking our January trip--we're planning on starting at AKL for the first few days and then probably moving to Poly or renting points. So excited to go back!!!

I'm considering concierge, but I'm wondering if it's going to be necessary considering how much we will be enjoying Boma and Jiko...

Anyone else going to be at AKL in a couple months ? :banana:

We are!!!! We are so excited, this will be our first time at AKL, and cannot wait!!! I've been dreaming of zebra domes for weeks......... LOL

We'll be there the 27th - 30th (tacked on a few days after our BWV stay). It will be our 2nd time at AKL. We absolutely LOVED it last time (February 2004). :sunny:

wendypooh said:
We are!!!! We are so excited, this will be our first time at AKL, and cannot wait!!! I've been dreaming of zebra domes for weeks......... LOL

This will be our fourth stay at AKL and since we have yet to try the Zebra Domes, this time they will not be missed! :teeth:

I'm trying to decide on how many days to stay... :wave: SO EXCITED :banana:

Nancyg56 said:
We'll be there the first week in Jan! We are staying CL, and I cannot wait!

Oh cool, if we end up going w/ CL (which I'm debating now) that would be the week we're planning on, too. We might stay more than a week but we are switching resorts, so that first week we'll be at AKL :sunny:

If ... and that's a big if ... Disney comes up with a room-only discount next week, then we'll be switching our POFQ reservation over to AKL for the first week of January.

wendypooh said:

What the heck is a zebra dome?
Is this some crazy thing they teach you people at LSU? :rotfl:

LOL, nah, that'd be gumbo and jambalaya!!! Cher!

Zebra Domes are apparently wonderful, delicious little domed shaped chocolate mocha mousse filled domes, with zebra stripes on the top. The shape is similar to a chocolate covered cherry. I've heard they are simply "divine"!!! I'll find out!!! I'm looking for a pic............. they look soooooo good!!!

Us! Us! From Jan 23rd til Jan 31st!

ADR's all made...glad we are making it before they change dinner at CRT?

It's our first time at AKL and I'm so excited! We'll be staying Jan27-Feb3 in a standard room. We considered a savannah view, but we weren't sure if we should pay more for our toddler to be obsessed with the animals. We may get tired affirming "yes, that IS an elephant!" I would totally enjoy it, so maybe we'll try the animal view next time. Just glad to be going! :cool1:

We'll be there the 18th -22nd. Our second stay! We had so much fun the first time ... despite interference from hurricane jeanne ... that we couldn't pass up a few nights at AKL this time around!

Stephanie

We'll be there too! Jan. 1st- 7th. We have a pool view booked right now, but am trying to decide if we should upgrade or not. :goodvibes We love AKL :banana:

Wow, this is really fun seeing how many of us from the DIS will be there, especially since it's just right around the corner.

I can't wait to try Boma this time....it will be our first time going there! I want to try those awesome soups :sunny:

No, but I wish I was! Love the zebra domes (and Ladyhawke, you'll love Boma - it's one of our faves!)!!!!

I wish there was a way to put something lime green in our windows, but only the animals would see them! :rolleyes:

Any ideas on how to show you're a DISer at AKL this Jan? :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter