Anyone get email of fxcm?

NPB

Mouseketeer
What does it mean? Looks like we need to close down account?
Any idea?
I'm fairly clueless...I'll prob call them next week.

It's fxcmsharetrading - where most Irish posters purchased their dlp shares.

Yes got one, I will read it over the weekend when not working, there is an option to move to another company I will post when I have Sussed it out :)

I posted about this about a month ago as my mother had received an e-mail but I hadn't. Nobody seemed to have a clue what I was talking about so I just assumed that my mother had opened the wrong account in the first place. She just sold her shares and closed her account with fxcm.

I received the same e-mail last night so now I presume that they are contacting everybody in stages and that anyone who has DLP shares with them will be contacted eventually.

With this and the new minimum of 100 shares to renew with the shareholders club it is getting less and less worth it every day :sad2:

Has anyone figured this out? I just got another email from FXCM saying that I need to update my account details by November 23rd... I never actually read the first email properly as I was so busy!

I just got the same 2nd reminder email.
I haven't figured it out.
There is no telephone number, just an email, so I emailed them back a list of questions, I'll post back on this thread if I get a reply. I hope I do! Have no clue otherwise.

I haven't forgotten, just tried to open a account with share watch that was recommended by FXCM but I was just denied an account, I am off work on thurs so I can ring and see if I can get another company to host my account

Well no reply today, but them I got a third reminder email.

If no reply, I'll try ring on Fri.
I wonder is it possible to close fxcm a/c & just hold onto the shares as such?

NPB said:
Well no reply today, but them I got a third reminder email.

If no reply, I'll try ring on Fri.
I wonder is it possible to close fxcm a/c & just hold onto the shares as such?

I'd be happy with that if that was the solution

Got a reply. I think I need to ask a couple of more questions, but here is first info :

*This email is in HTML format, please change your settings to HTML or contact us*immediately for assistance.

Thank you for contacting FXCM Securities.
In response to your recent inquiries, I want to ensure all of your questions are answered. Please see the replies to each question below:

Should I just close the account? If you wish to close the account, you will need to clear up the debit balance (currently EUR -7.55) and either transfer your shares, sell them, or materialise them (i.e. turn them into a paper certificate). There are fees to transfer or materialise the shares. Fees can be found here:
http://www.fxcmstocktrading.com/low-commission-rates.jsp

The information is located at the bottom of the page, under Schedule of Fee and Charges.

Does it cost to close the account? If you are simply withdrawing the cash balance, there is no fee to have the funds sent to you via credit card (the way we received them).

If closed are my shares still valid? We will not be able to close your account if you still have shares remaining. The shares will need to be transferred, liquidated or turned into paper certificates.

Do I have any remaining money left in my account? You currently have a debit balance in the amount of EUR -7.55.

Bump

This has to be done by Fri 23rd for those of you interested.
I am currently in the process of trying to transfer my shares from fxcmsharetrading to Saxo.

Bump

This has to be done by Fri 23rd for those of you interested.
I am currently in the process of trying to transfer my shares from fxcmsharetrading to Saxo.

How are you doing this? I completely forgot about this and am panicking now!

First thing to do is email :
uksupport@saxomarkets.com
& say you wish to open an a/c & transfer your shares from
Fxcm (if you want to transfer)
Then will come back to you with instructions.

Also reply to fxcm & tell them you want to transfer to Saxo , confirm
It's free & they will give you instructions too

Good luck

Oh bugger, when id rung fxcm i got the impression I had to sell so I did and am mourning my shares since. Its a pity fxcm didnt explain it in the same way to me and i made a loss :(
How much do Saxo charge?

Oh bugger, when id rung fxcm i got the impression I had to sell so I did and am mourning my shares since. Its a pity fxcm didnt explain it in the same way to me and i made a loss :(
How much do Saxo charge?

I am contemplating just selling mine now.... In 2 years time I doubt I will be in a position to purchase 100 shares when I renew so perhaps I should just sell them now? I will still remain in the shareholders club until my card expires wont I??

You sure will Laura. Its yours until expiry. Mine expires in May so I'll only get one more use but tbh with our APs the only thing we'll miss is Salon Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter