Anyone ever tried Dave's to rent your points?

edk35

DIS Veteran
If so...how was your experience? Were they short notice point rentals? Thanks

I have. They weren't short notice. Dave's was excellent. I would use them again in a heartbeat! I have only done it once.

I haven't but recommended him to our friend and another family member. They both used him with no problems at all. Would recommend.

I have used David's several times to rent out my points. I was even able to rent out some points I had in holding!

We just used David's last week. We had some points we needed to sell before they expired at the end of July. Only took a couple weeks from start to finish and they found a family to rent the whole lot all at once. It was awesome! They were super easy to work with and very nice. I would use them again anytime!

My BLT points were rented within. 100 hours or so after filling out Daddio's sellers form.

I have used them and they have been excellent. I was able to rent out all but one of my points within a few weeks of agreeing to rent out with David.

I highly recommend using them.

If so...how was your experience? Were they short notice point rentals? Thanks

I rented points from the rent/trade board here. It might take a bit of legwork on your part, but that might be an option as well, and you might get a bit more for your points. My experience there was that there's a healthy interest in renting points from here.

I paid $12/pt for 140 pt for Sept. I would have paid David $14/pt or $280 more and the seller would have received $140 less at 11/pt. Thats his margin. He earns it by providing security to the transaction.

Just depends how risk averse you are.

I'm not saying don't use David's. I'm just suggesting there are other options, and that might help with semi-distressed points as well.

Either way, I doubt you'll have trouble finding a renter. Good luck.

Another fan of David's. I mentioned in another thread that I was worried with the first-come-first-served approach that I would have to constantly watch my email in order to rent my points. In reality, I rented 130 points within two weeks - and there were about 4 offers I missed out on due to not being first to respond. So many offers coming in! Love the service, and the people I've worked with. Would use them again - and probably will!!

We just used David's last week. We had some points we needed to sell before they expired at the end of July. Only took a couple weeks from start to finish and they found a family to rent the whole lot all at once. It was awesome! They were super easy to work with and very nice. I would use them again anytime!

That's good to hear. I have some that expire the end of Aug. and some the end of Sept. So we shall see. Mine listed on the 28th .....a little over a week ago.

Another fan of David's. I mentioned in another thread that I was worried with the first-come-first-served approach that I would have to constantly watch my email in order to rent my points. In reality, I rented 130 points within two weeks - and there were about 4 offers I missed out on due to not being first to respond. So many offers coming in! Love the service, and the people I've worked with. Would use them again - and probably will!!

That's me too. I check my email via my phone several times a day when I am at work.

I rented points from the rent/trade board here. It might take a bit of legwork on your part, but that might be an option as well, and you might get a bit more for your points. My experience there was that there's a healthy interest in renting points from here.

I paid $12/pt for 140 pt for Sept. I would have paid David $14/pt or $280 more and the seller would have received $140 less at 11/pt. Thats his margin. He earns it by providing security to the transaction.

Just depends how risk averse you are.

I'm not saying don't use David's. I'm just suggesting there are other options, and that might help with semi-distressed points as well.

Either way, I doubt you'll have trouble finding a renter. Good luck.

I thought about Dis...but I am going to try this first for a while and see if they rent. I am not opposed to trying on here either.

I have used them and they have been excellent. I was able to rent out all but one of my points within a few weeks of agreeing to rent out with David.

I highly recommend using them.

:thumbsup2 That is good to hear. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter