anyone ever have something missing from their room?

it was always left on the bed each morning.
3ce10.jpg

Yes but - Housekeepers change maybe every day. Just because the blanket was left on the bed the first morning and folded and put aside that day doesn't mean it was going to happen every day. It's kind of like saying that because the first take you wen through a toll booth, the attendant greeted you with a smile and a "have a nice day" and you expect that every single time you go through a toll booth.

As stated in a previous post, don't leave anything on a hotel bed before you leave your room for the day. There's no telling what that housekeeper needs to do while you are out of your room. Not only in your room but to the other rooms in his/her area. The room next door to yours could have had a messy party so the housekeeper needs to take more time over there which means he/she doesn't have enough time for your room.

We have one son and the first thing we taught him when we were traveling was to take all his stuff off the bed before we could leave for the day. Also, notice that most hotel beds these days have solid protection under the bed so nothing can fall under the bed and be forgotten. and housekeepers don't have to make sure all items are accounted for.

In all our trips, never had anything missing. A blanket isn't worth possibly losing your job over. I agree with a previous poster that some mouse keeper may have put it in the laundry, as a loaner from Disney and it got lost.

AKK

Well, they did fold it up and leave it several days - so hardly surprising that you would assume it was safe.
But, from the sounds of it you lost a blanket but gained a diamond engagement ring? Congratulations!!!

I would hazard a guess that the days that it was folded were the days the bed was just made, but the linens were not changed. Since the sheets are changed every fourth day, it would make sense that it wasn't lost right away. On linen change day, they just scoop everything off the bed at once, so anything left in the bed would be gone.

We also bring a couple of blankets, pillows and definitely stuff toys. We may pick them up a few times but usually leave them on the bed, and have yet to "lose" anything. But all that stuff is easily replaceable so not a big thing for us.

We never had anything go missing. But my DD would always bring her Pinkie and her little princess blanket with us everywhere we went. Then sadly one year she told me she didn't need to bring them on trips anymore. She was too big. :sad: My heart broke a little. No more baby....

We never had anything go missing. But my DD would always bring her Pinkie and her little princess blanket with us everywhere we went. Then sadly one year she told me she didn't need to bring them on trips anymore. She was too big. :sad: My heart broke a little. No more baby....

No worries it will probably go full cycle. My DD grew out of all that pretty in pink and princess stuff, so sad .............. but now she's been working there on the DCP since last summer and regularly wears a tiara to the parks. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter