anyone ever have something missing from their room?

IheartRapunzel

Mouseketeer
2 weeks ago I was in WDW. We stayed at Riverside for the first time. I thought it was a great place, but after having this experience I'm not sure if I will return. I traveled from PA to Fl March 7th. When we left it was only 7 degrees in PA (yikes!) due to this, I packed a small blanket in my carry-on to use on the plane. The blanket then was used in my room at night. Each day we would return from the parks, I always found it folded up and put on our bed. Then the night of March 11th (the night i got engaged outside the castle during fireworks!!) we returned to our room and I noticed it was gone. we searched the entire room, when it was not found we made a call to the front desk to ask if maybe the cleaning service took it by mistake. I was told they would look for it and if it was not found by the end of our trip, they would give me a replacement. While I was upset it was gone, the deal they made with me at the time seemed fair. The next day they had called me on my cell phone to tell me they checked the room and their laundry service and had no luck. I was told to keep checking my room and to call again in about 2 weeks. It is now 2 weeks, and I made the call a few times now. I am being pushed around all over the place. First I am being told to call customer service, they tell me to call lost and found, lost and found is saying to talk to customer service...you can see how this is a never ending cycle.
i know it's just a blanket and i should probably just call it a loss at this point, which i probably will. i was just curious if anyone had ever experienced something like this. I never had a problem at disney before.

We had a child's plushy get mixed up in the bedding. They did find it a few days later. I would say at this point your blanket is lost. I also think it was an accident, and it is not as if someone stole it, which is what I thought from your thread title. I can't imagine not returning because of a mix up.

You don't say where you left it each morning when you left the room - but if it was among the bedding then it's not surprising that it was swooped up with the rest of the items to be laundered. It could have happened at any resort in Disney or, indeed, any hotel. Going forward best to remove items from the bed and place them elsewhere. Housekeepers have to clean a lot of rooms and they don't have a lot of time to spend doing each one. Most of Disney's seem to be pretty good at not swooping up stuffed animals and the like (they often pose them on the bed w/ towel animals) but sometimes they are too rushed to notice.

^^^This. We drove down & had pillows, a blanket & several 'stuffies' in the room (POR). Before we left the room each morning I collected each from the bed & stacked them on top of our luggage beside the vanity.

it was always left on the bed each morning. which is my mistake, i was clearly not thinking. i know its my fault

By your dates it appears that the day it went missing is the day they strip the beds and put on new linens. It probably got mixed up in that. While I know you hope they will find it, the volume of lost and found at Disney is massive and taken to a warehouse. While they try hard to identify any generic type item will likely be hard to track down. The only folks to really help you at this point are Lost and Found. I would call them and if they say otherwise ask for a supervisor.

Just for good warning to all others:

1) NEVER leave anything on the bed. I also travel with a blanket as does my DS and he has other things he has with him on the bed. Each morning I remove all them, fold up and stack on top of our suitcases.

2) Never call the front desk regarding resort issues, those calls go to a call center not even at WDW, maybe not in Orlando. It is now a message that will enter the abyss. If you have an issue go direct to the front desk immediately. While the linens may have already left the resort, you might have had a better chance of them narrowing down the location. A resort manager is more likely to make an issue good at that moment than any phone calls post trip.

3) Never travel with anything that is not replaceable. No heirlooms, no sentimental jewelry or other items that could disappear from room, get lost in your travels or accidentally left somewhere. I just leave that stuff home.

Last edited:

my good friend lost the quilt her deceased grandmother had made for her. she was understandably upset, asked & called HKing while there, then called quite a few times from home. unfortunately, it must've gotten mixed in the bedding on HKing day, and with the volume of bedding being washed daily, never seen again :sad1:
on a happier note: my rather pricey cosmetic brushes (a few hundred $'s worth) were left out of our luggage when DH took them out & forgot. when i called the BW L&F with a detailed description, they were able to find them, & sent 'em on home :thumbsup2

my good friend lost the quilt her deceased grandmother had made for her. she was understandably upset, asked & called HKing while there, then called quite a few times from home. unfortunately, it must've gotten mixed in the bedding on HKing day, and with the volume of bedding being washed daily, never seen again :sad1:
on a happier note: my rather pricey cosmetic brushes (a few hundred $'s worth) were left out of our luggage when DH took them out & forgot. when i called the BW L&F with a detailed description, they were able to find them, & sent 'em on home :thumbsup2

I meant to add point (3) which is never travel anywhere with anything that's not replaceable, definitely not heirlooms. That is something that should stay at home. How sad she lost her quilt, I am sure she was devastated.

Before we left for our first trip, I read on the boards how some stuffed animals got caught up in sheets and were MIA for a few days. Since then whenever we go to a hotel the animals go into the bright stripped pillowcase with the pillow or in the drawer with DD clothes, this way we have never had an issue.

The only time I have had anything go missing, I didn't try and get it back, it was a white pillow case that was just a shade different then the hotel's. Totally my fault and not a huge issue. Now when we travel, I grab one of DDs for my pillow or make certain to "hide" my pillow in a drawer.

It's not something that should stop you from staying at Riverside again. It could happen anywhere. As others say, best not to leave your own bedding on the beds at any hotel.

There was one time at the Grand Floridian that my mothers white cotton shirt went missing...much to her dismay, she LOVED that particular shirt. We feel it had gotten mixed up with the towels in the vanity area and accepted that it was gone. Sometimes things like that happen and with resorts as large (and such huge turnovers) I feel it's to be expected that odd items like blankets, clothing articles and stuffed animals can go missing...unfortunately.

Congratulations on your engagement!!!

:tinker:We had the opposite experience. DD used to travel with a well worn quilt when she was very young. We left it at the AKL when we returned home. I called about it and not only did they find it, the laundered it, folded it neatly and shipped it back at no expense to us. That was real Disney magic.

Thank you to everyone who congratulated me. It was an amazing experience.
And yes I know now this was my fault. I'm just sucking it up to being young and dumb lol im a college student. You live and learn. hopefully I will be going back next year when I graduate ( yay!!) and I will def. be more careful with my things. Accidents do happen, even in disney

:tinker:We had the opposite experience. DD used to travel with a well worn quilt when she was very young. We left it at the AKL when we returned home. I called about it and not only did they find it, the laundered it, folded it neatly and shipped it back at no expense to us. That was real Disney magic.
That is an amazing story!!

it was always left on the bed each morning.
3ce10.jpg

We once had a stuffed animal come up missing. We called housekeeping and reported it. But we never heard back from them or anyone else. It was in the bag with the receipt. Our collection is still missing 1 Bambi. It could have gotten swufted up with bedding, at least I like to hope that was the reason. Yet it was never found.

In 1998 we had a bag of OTC and prescription meds stolen from the room. The hotel could barely have cared less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter