Anyone else NOT care for 3D movies and tv?

The TV also had 2D simulation and it makes regular TV really sharp and lifelike. I can't believe how clear the picture is. For us it was worth it just for the clarity on the TV.
Which brand is it? I'm curious... I have a Samsung, and the 2D->3D simulation mode is mind-blowing. I never thought that (real) 3D would be a good as this 2D->3D simulation is. I'm wondering if that's all credit to Samsung, or are other brands also doing great work with their simulation modes.

Which brand is it? I'm curious... I have a Samsung, and the 2D->3D simulation mode is mind-blowing. I never thought that (real) 3D would be a good as this 2D->3D simulation is. I'm wondering if that's all credit to Samsung, or are other brands also doing great work with their simulation modes.

We have a Sony Bravia LED 3D the 2 D Simulation is almost as good as the 3D and it blows us away!

Lisa

Great to know that the other brands are doing a good job with that as well. Thanks.

This is the reason why I don't like 3D movies, either. I have no problem with studios making 3D movies as long as the 2D version is also being released.

Exactly. I also agree with what other posters have said about the price. It already costs us $9 each for DH and I to go to an AMC theater to see a non-3D movie. The price goes up to $11 to see a movie in 3D. When we took our DS8 to see Tron in IMAX/3D it cost us $16 a piece.

I don't understand this whole 3D hype :confused3 Most movies aren't worthy of it. Very few IMO are. The CGI (or any other type of action) must be REALLY, REALLY good to have that type status.

Although, I do have to admit that the type of 3D and the type of 3D glasses have changed. One poster mentioned that they could not adjust to it and was seeing double vision. That was the problem I had in the beginning prior to the glasses and 3D being changed. My vision just could not adjust and I couldn't watch anything that was in 3D (which was mostly short films at places like Liberty Science Center in NJ, museums, etc).

I don't understand this whole 3D hype :confused3 Most movies aren't worthy of it.
I've seen people say this before, and it doesn't make sense to me, since actually very few movies are being made for 3D.

Although, I do have to admit that the type of 3D and the type of 3D glasses have changed. One poster mentioned that they could not adjust to it and was seeing double vision.
That poster, I believe, was talking about 3D in theaters, using the older polarized stereoscopic technology. As far as I know, there aren't any theaters, yet, that offer the newer, active technology. That technology, so far, is only available for home.

just another way to sell us new TV's.Hay did Disney start the craze with the muffet movie? and Honey i shrunk the kids

I hate 3-D. I have yet to see a movie that was made even a tad bit better because of 3-D, they give me a headache, 3-D sometimes makes the movie blurry and unwatchable, it rises the already high ticket costs and some movies are only being made this way, or they only play the non-3D versions once or twice late at night. Of course that means you can't get a matinee price so they get your money one way or the other.

Simply put, I refuse to any more 3-D movies even if it means missing out on a few good movies.

just another way to sell us new TV's.Hay did Disney start the craze with the muffet movie? and Honey i shrunk the kids

3-D has been around since the beginning of movie making. It keeps being brought back to fail over and over again, and the major reasons have been because it makes people's eyes hurt, makes them sick and costs too much money. It's a cool concept that has never worked very well. Disney World is one of the few places where they made it work, but I'm not sure what type of 3-D they use because there have been so many types over the years.

I agree they are nice but the price to go see then are way to high. I was going to say except Disney its free but i guess they are very high as well the gate prices just keep on going up. It is like 3 d the price keeps moving up close lol

I'm confused. Our local IMAX theater charges $11.50 per seat, regardless of whether the movie is 3D or not. :confused3

Every theater I've gone to charges $1 more for 3D movies. IMAX is more expensive than a regular movie anyway, so I don't think they can be considered the norm.

I hate 3D movies. I don't see in 3D because I have monocular vision, but I have to wear the glasses anyway or else the movie is blurry. And the last one we saw (Tangled) was SO dark! It was brighter without the glasses, but of course that wasn't an option since our theater only showed the 3D version.

I am not a fan of 3D and definitely won't pay a premium to see a movie that is 3D. I rarely see any movies at the theater anyway. In all of 2010 I saw exactly one.

Look at the market for home sound equipment. There is one, absolutely, but it is by no means the middle-class norm to buy a full surround-sound system. Audiophiles love them and find them essential, but most of the rest of us don't find that we really need them to enjoy the songs in our collections.

I feel the same thing will be the case with 3D. People who really care about BE-AU-TI-FUL picture quality will invest, and people who are OK as long as they can see the action will not. I would fall into the latter camp -- I care so little about "clarity" that I would be just fine watching color broadcasts as B&W for most purposes. My "big" TV is a 32", and I'm not planning to ever go up from that size.

Well i think its time to move up to a mush bigger tv like a 72'. You dont know what your missing. i want to get a 3 d but that i will wait for the prices to come down some.

The only movie I think that needs to be seen in 3D is Avatar. Other than that I'm not into 3D, I already wear glasses so wearing the 3D on top of them really bugs me.

James Cameron is working on a new 3D feature, a documentary set in the Amazon. It'll probably do for 3D documentaries what Avatar has done for 3D sci-fi flicks.

Well i think its time to move up to a much bigger tv like a 72'. You dont know what your missing. i want to get a 3 d but that i will wait for the prices to come down some.

LOL, unless I get a bigger house, what I'm missing is putting our shoes on the screen. (And as my house is paid for, probably not going to happen.)

I'm sure it's lovely to have a theatre for a living room, but there is a reason why very few people want to sit in the front row of a movie theatre.

After all the different post i am now thinking of going to best buy and checking out there 3 d tv's. I called and they said you also have to buy the glasses for $159.99 each. We have 5 people in our family with tax thats close to a 1000.00 just for the glasses. I am sure it will be like the remote either missing or broken. I bet it takes a lot of batters as well. I will keep you posted.

After all the different post i am now thinking of going to best buy and checking out there 3 d tv's. I called and they said you also have to buy the glasses for $159.99 each. We have 5 people in our family with tax thats close to a 1000.00 just for the glasses. I am sure it will be like the remote either missing or broken. I bet it takes a lot of batters as well. I will keep you posted.

The glasses that run $150-160 need a 3032 battery to run it, and lasts about 50 hours. The glasses that run $190-200 can be recharged via USB.

VIZIO came out with a 3DTV that uses glasses like what is used at your local movie place but the TV is pricy.

In reality buying a complete 3DTV package today isn't nearly as much as a stand alone HDTV was 3 years ago. I just bought a 40" Samsung, 3D Blu-ray player and 3D starter kit (All four Shrek movies and two pairs of glasses) and it cost over $800 less than my 40" Samsung from 3 years ago.

I hate 3D. I will never buy a 3D tv and think they are ridiculous. I do not want to wear a helmet or glasses to watch the news. I also will not go and see a movie if it is in 3D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter