Anyone else NOT care for 3D movies and tv?

DD11 doesn't like 3D movies. She says she likes to relax at the movies and having things jump out at her isn't relaxing.

I'm not a big fan of them either. I usually end up with a bad headache.

My husband and DS15 love them.

Until the make 3D TV that do not have wear glasses for. I am not buying 3D. Actually see as waste.

My husband and I went to the see the Green Hornet last night and the show was only available in 3D:3dglasses:mad:, I had a major headache once it was over. My husband better be glad I love him:rotfl:

But for $2900.00 i would consider it. I looked at best buy and wow there a lot of money and choices.It cost as much to buy 5 pair of glasses for it as my last tv cost me. CraZY,. They are nice though maybe santa next year will bring me one.

But for $2900.00 i would consider it. I looked at best buy and wow there a lot of money and choices.It cost as much to buy 5 pair of glasses for it as my last tv cost me. CraZY,. They are nice though maybe santa next year will bring me one.

TV makers are trying to work on 3D TV's that don't require the glasses to be $200 a piece and more like the basic ones you get in the theater.

I'm interested in what this Toshiba one looks like.

That's great if they come out with ones that do not need the glasses. I can not believe what the glasses cost and like i said it will be like the remote we will lose them.I may wait a little longer before making a choice and hopefully they will come out with the ones without the glasses soon.

We have one. My DBF is an audiophile and really into picture quality. He is also that guy that wants the gadget as soon as it comes out. I personally did think much of it but I wanted a WOW gift for him this Christmas.

Now that we have it I love, love, LOVE it. It is so crystal clear. Just the regular picture is outstanding and even me and my limited knowledge of picture quality can appreciate it. I really enjoy it. We watched my favorite movie Out of Africa in blu ray 2D simulation with the surround sound. I almost cried it was so beautiful.

The 3D movies do NOT have things jumping out at you. It's not like a 3D movie at Disney. It's a 3D picture very lifelike. You feel like you are in the show. You feel like you can touch it.

The TV also offers 2D simulation. This is for regular picture, things that are not specifically 3D. Take your favorite movie and make it sharper than you could ever imagine. I think the best way to appreciate this is to see 2 TVs side by side at a store. You can see the difference in the picture.

The glasses were expensive, I think 129.00. Two pairs came with the TV (it was a holiday bonus, we also got 4 movies) and we bought one extra pair for my DD. They are comfortable to wear and very high quality. I wear sunglasses almost constantly when I am outside so I am used to wearing glasses. I am not sure how they would work with a person that normally wears glasses.

I know it's not for everyone but for my family it was a great purchase. It kind of amped up Family Movie Night!

One of the free movies we got was the Michael Jackson, I can't wait to watch him perform with that kind of clarity!

Lisa

You don't have to buy the glasses up-front. You can just by the television now, ready to work with 3D a year or two or three from now, and then buy the glasses later.

TV makers are trying to work on 3D TV's that don't require the glasses to be $200 a piece and more like the basic ones you get in the theater.

I'm interested in what this Toshiba one looks like.

I know that VIZIO is going to be selling a few models later this year that work with the "theater" glasses. No clue on what pricing is going to be though.

HERE is what the Toshiba looks like.

I know that VIZIO is going to be selling a few models later this year that work with the "theater" glasses. No clue on what pricing is going to be though.

HERE is what the Toshiba looks like.

I meant the image, the tv looks like, well, a tv ;)

I was just on Sonny site and there new model has just been released in China that you get some of the effect with out glases. After playing around on all the sites and searching on the web it sounds like in a short time there will be TV's that do not need any glases. After seeing all of the facts it is very hard to spen this typ of money and know all of the tv companys are working on tv's that will not need the glases.

Yup, but let's be realistic: True 3D vision (i.e., what you see in real life, not movies) works because your two eyes see (slightly) different things. If you were blind in one eye, not only can you not appreciate 3D television, but you also don't get the same kind of depth-perception that folks with two eyes get. So while a passive approach may make some things feel like they have more depth, until we have projective holography, it will require some means of ensuring that your two eyes are seeing different images to have television more closely resemble real-life three-dimensional vision. (And even with holography, they still would be limited in the depth-perception that they can project by the distance between your eyes and the projector, modified by the scale - so even if they're projecting a 100:1 scale, i.e., very tiny, they could still only depict something perhaps three football fields away.)

Well i think its time to move up to a mush bigger tv like a 72'. You dont know what your missing. i want to get a 3 d but that i will wait for the prices to come down some.

You won't have to wait long. The Samsung 3D plasma 50" 1080p model pn50c680 was selling for $699 at Ultimate Electronics last week. That's not much more or the same price for a non-3D TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter