• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else nervous about the PVB east pool construction?

My plan is to test the waters. If it is bad....I will move. That's all I got. I'm hoping that the place will be lovely enough that it isn't a big deal. So.....we shall see. As we get closer, folks in October can testify! Halleluja! I don't need it to be perfect....just wonderful!

Where are you going to move to?

I'm thinking of staying for Thanksgiving week, I hope the construction is not bad. We normally stay at AKV but we wanted to try something new. I'm wondering if I should just try PVB at another time :worried:

The way I see it, there is always some kind of construction somewhere and I don't stop my life for it. I intend to have a great stay at the Poly in November.
My daughter says exactly the same thing! It's really all a matter of perspective. And....there will be quieter times in some places, more than in others. That's no matter what resort you stay at. Just keep on counting the days! Nothing could spoil my vacation!

Where are you going to move to?
I really don't care...if it's that bad....whatever is available. Ak would be my first choice, then wilderness....but I'd move to Pop if that's all they had. That being said....it would have to be pretty noisy for me to move. I just want to enjoy the hot tub at night after getting back from a busy day at the parks! I just hope it doesn't shut down at 8 p.m. That would be ridiculous. Also, the pool closing before the parks do, would be equally ridiculous! Oh, all the worries! Lol!

Have the completed construction on the 3rd DVC building?

I thought that only 40% of the total availability has been declared, is that 40% of the units including bungalows.

How does DVD's amending it's sales license and increasing the number of units change things?

:earsboy: Bill

The 40% figure just means that 40% of the total number of Poly points are available to sell to DVC members and that the rooms represented by those points belong to members and are available to be paid for with points. The number of rooms available to members includes 10 bungalows and 42 standard view studios and 42 lake view studios. The rest of the rooms belong to the Developer and if they are ready for occupancy, then the Developer can/will rent them for cash.

The 40% declared figure has nothing to do with which particular rooms within the DVC resort can be assigned to members paying with points. A member paying with points can end up in any of the three buildings in any room, assuming the rooms are ready for occupancy. The third DVC building (Tokelau) will supposedly be ready for occupancy in June. At that time, DVC members could be assigned to stay in those rooms.

It is my hope that the Tokelau rooms facing the east pool construction will NOT be used for either cash or points until the pool construction is complete. We'll have to wait and see what they do, though.

Does anyone know if Tokelau will be all standard view rooms? I just saw a castle view on the Touringplans room view.

What is the best longhouse to request to avoid the construction if staying standard view? Thanks!

I'm thinking of staying for Thanksgiving week, I hope the construction is not bad. We normally stay at AKV but we wanted to try something new. I'm wondering if I should just try PVB at another time :worried:
Yeah....I think many of us here are wondering the same thing....but hoping for the best. I've never been to poly but I wanted to stay in a Monorail resort. I don't fancy the Contemporary. I don't know about the GF....it's just so expensive. I guess we just keep reading the updates!

What is the best longhouse to request to avoid the construction if staying standard view? Thanks!
IF (assuming Disney doesn't have other plans they haven't yet shared) the only construction site is the east pool area as the disney letter claims only the one side of Tokelau would actually look out on the construction (the west side). Pago Pago and Moorea are on the east side of Tokelau. Moorea has one side that is standard view (other side is lake view) and Pago Pago is all standard (1 side faces parking lot and monorail 1 side faces the leisure lawn area). That being said I have seen pics posted by current resort guests online of the BBQ area currently being constructed in that "leisure lawn area" between Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago so until that (hopefully small) project is finished it looks like most standard rooms can face construction
*****forgot when I posted this earlier Tokelau is not yet finished so until that longhouse opens (I think I read disney was planning on June/July 2015) none of the standard view rooms would look out at the east pool. We are going in Oct so that is one reason we are concerned-unfortunately our only other option is SSR (even AKL and OKW are mostly booked up our week) so I think unless things seem REALLY bad in the next couple months we will stay and hope for the best. The newly renovated areas and the studios themselves look awesome and who knows how hard it will be to try out next year when all the construction is done and there are a lot more PVB owners using the 11 month window to book.

Last edited:
My plan is to test the waters. If it is bad....I will move. That's all I got. I'm hoping that the place will be lovely enough that it isn't a big deal. So.....we shall see. As we get closer, folks in October can testify! Halleluja! I don't need it to be perfect....just wonderful!

Us too. I hope it's an enjoyable experiance. We leave in 4 days. I wasn't worried about the construction until now. That said, I'm still excited go regardless of the construction.

Us too. I hope it's an enjoyable experiance. We leave in 4 days. I wasn't worried about the construction until now. That said, I'm still excited go regardless of the construction.[/QUO

It's all about attitude! Have a great trip! Report back!

Just checked out of a Pago Pago room today. Our view was all construction. If you do not want to see construction, ask for a parking lot view.

We were directly in front of the construction of the BBQ area and it was fenced and screened. There will be 2 gas grills and the sign already posted says DVC owners may check out grill tools at front desk. I would say this area should be complete within a couple of weeks.

Also in front of us was Tokelau. It was fenced and screened. Then to the right of us, the entire back side of the Lilo's Playhouse building was fenced and screened (not sure what was going on there). The East pool was still open, but a construction area beside it was fenced and screened. Lots of construction on that side of the resort.

We are locals (about 50 minutes away) and this year we had/have DVC reservations for March, April, May, June and July so the construction on this stay was not a big deal for us. But if this was my one and only trip for a 12-18 month period, I would have been a little bummed. Our next stay at the Poly will be over July 4. But I have a lake view booked, so the effects of the construction will be a lot less there.

Laura

We were directly in front of the construction of the BBQ area and it was fenced and screened. There will be 2 gas grills and the sign already posted says DVC owners may check out grill tools at front desk. I would say this area should be complete within a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't mind being one of the first to cook on these new grills. Anyone know if they sell steak at the marketplace?

Can't wait to enjoy a WDW original resort. So many new things to try out and enjoy.

Ugh! I'm not a DVC member and after reading through the comments on this thread I feel I may have made the wrong choice in picking the studio over a regular room. Guess I should reevaluate the situation.

Is it safe to assume that as a non-DVC member I'd more likely be put in a room facing construction than a DVC member? Comments from DVC members would be greatly appreciated.

We are here now, staying in Moorea. There is construction, but it hasnt been loud. You can see it, I think the east pool is being worked on. It hasnt bothered us. It is a far walk to the maine building. I wasnt really expecting that, especially in the rain. Overall, it's a nice resort and Im glad we are here!

Is there current construction on the other side of resort (non DVC side)?

I'm here now, and I didnt see construction on the other side of the resort. If you are on the east side of the resort there is a good chance you will see construction.

I wouldn't mind being one of the first to cook on these new grills. Anyone know if they sell steak at the marketplace?

Good idea! Lol, I havent seen steak, but there is a nice Publix right off site to buy steak.

Is it safe to assume that as a non-DVC member I'd more likely be put in a room facing construction than a DVC member? Comments from DVC members would be greatly appreciated.

If you are on the east side of the resort, there is a good chance you will see construction. Are you staying in a DVC room are a regular room? If you are on the west side in a regular room, i dont think you would notice it.

We are here now, staying in Moorea. There is construction, but it hasnt been loud. You can see it, I think the east pool is being worked on. It hasnt bothered us. It is a far walk to the maine building. I wasnt really expecting that, especially in the rain. Overall, it's a nice resort and Im glad we are here!

I'm here now, and I didnt see construction on the other side of the resort. If you are on the east side of the resort there is a good chance you will see construction.

Very appreciative of all your responses! Yes, I have a studio villa reservation. So now I'm not sure if I shoud be there or request a regular room at the resort since I'm a non-DVC member. ??

Last edited:

No one really knows how rooms are assigned. Some will say cash guests have a higher chance of getting their requests approved over DVC owners. Others will say the exact opposite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter