Anyone else get "stinky" Disney luggage?

You'll love the Natures Miracle.

Again, I always make sure I have some on hand. You never know when you need it.

500 of our closest friends now own the same luggage, so we painted ours! :lmao: I didn't notice any particular odor when we were painting them, but they are outside drying now, and I guess airing out, too. :artist:

Did you order this luggage off of a website or something?

WldWcnWmn said:
500 of our closest friends now own the same luggage, so we painted ours! :lmao: I didn't notice any particular odor when we were painting them, but they are outside drying now, and I guess airing out, too. :artist:

Are you serious??? You painted them??? If your joking, excuse me, my coffee pot broke this am, so i am behind on my caffine!! :teeth:

Caitsmama said:
Are you serious??? You painted them??? If your joking, excuse me,

No I am serious! I am a single parent - I had a hellacious time finding our bags in the MCO terminal AND in the Disney Cruise terminal because everybody and their brother has black rolling luggage. It was so stressful for me to keep an eye out for DD7 (at the time) and look for luggage and run back and forth between luggage tags and daughter, that I decided right there and then I would buy bright pink luggage if I ever saw any. :rotfl: Well when this thread came out about the mickey luggage, I couldn't resist and I am sure I won't be the only one on my pirate: Disney Cruise with Mickey luggage :rolleyes: so, we painted them yesterday. They will not be missed!

Caitsmama said:
my coffee pot broke this am, so i am behind on my caffine!! :teeth:
He He He I would drink caffinated soda in the morning if I had too, to keep my caffine levels in the bloodstream. :rotfl:

TOP OF PAGE!

what kind of paint did you use? I would love to have DD8 decorate hers (wouldn't do this with pricier luggage). I thought of the fabric paints from the craft store - but I am afraid those would just peel off. :sunny:

I was reading this thread and I realized you were talking about the luggage I bought a couple of months ago. I didn't think of airing it out and it has been in the box (and bags since I received it in May) Boy it does smell!!!!
So I just took it out of the box and bags and put some dryer sheets in them. It's raining out now so when it stops(in a couple of days) I will air them out outside.

Thanks for the heads up!! :sunny:

pansmermaidzlagoon said:
what kind of paint did you use? I would love to have DD8 decorate hers (wouldn't do this with pricier luggage). I thought of the fabric paints from the craft store - but I am afraid those would just peel off. :sunny:

We went to Walmart and bought Acrylic paint and a couple of bottles of transfer medium (you'll see it) to mix with each color. It makes acrylic paint "stick" on fabric. I am not sure about the peeling factor, I was afraid of that too, but they're dry now and seem to have come out quite nice. There's no "rubbery" feel to the paint. You're supposed to iron the paint to "set" it, but obviously you can't do that with luggage, so they're sitting outside in the hot hot sun. I have to say also, I didn't notice a smell while we were painting them fresh out of the shipping carton, but when I unzipped them to dry I was hit with nastiness! They stink, whew boy! So hopefully the sun is setting the paint and removing the smell. Now don't everybody go painting their luggage, or I will never be able to find mine (I should have kept my big mouth shut) :lmao: :rotfl2:
Have fun! DD9 had a ball!

thank you!!!! Did not know about transfer medium!!!

- we won't paint ours as much as put some designs or decorations on it!!!! :thumbsup2

pansmermaidzlagoon said:
thank you!!!! Did not know about transfer medium!!!

- we won't paint ours as much as put some designs or decorations on it!!!! :thumbsup2

I have to tell you - they have the cutest stencils of Disney Vacation stuff in the craft isle. We didn't paint ours completely, we did designs and stuff, too. I guess I never made that clear earlier... :lmao: We stenciled waves and drinks with umbrellas and hidden Mickey's and hula girls and ships and wrote "Disney Magic 2006" and stuff like that. I was so :banana: when I saw the Disney Vacation stencils in the craft isle!

WldWcnWmn said:
I have to tell you - they have the cutest stencils of Disney Vacation stuff in the craft isle. We didn't paint ours completely, we did designs and stuff, too. I guess I never made that clear earlier... :lmao: We stenciled waves and drinks with umbrellas and hidden Mickey's and hula girls and ships and wrote "Disney Magic 2006" and stuff like that. I was so :banana: when I saw the Disney Vacation stencils in the craft isle!

You've peaked my curiousity. Now, I just have to see your DD's masterpiece. We need a picture. :teeth:

This is so funny. I bought a hard sided Samsonite suitcase recently at Sam's Club and every time I open the suitcase it reeks of a cigarette type odor. I will be using it soon so I am glad to see suggestions of how to deal with the odor.

tarheelmjfan said:
You've peaked my curiousity. Now, I just have to see your DD's masterpiece. We need a picture. :teeth:

I can't find the battery charger for my digital camera... I have rechargeable batteries and no charger. :confused3 I will head to the store tomorrow and get a new charger and I'll take pics and post 'em. :thumbsup2

The Photobucket Saga continues.....(I just learned about photobucket yesterday!!!) lovin' postin' pictures! :banana:

that's cool!!! :thumbsup2 I have been finding all the stickers and stuff for possible door signs - will checkout stencils, but have DD take it in a different direction ;) !!!!

We find that Fabreeze works great for chasing away odors in luggage. My honey travels all the time for business and so far, the Fabreeze has worked like a charm. Maggie

Count me in as an owner of stinky luggage.

To me, it was a kerosene-type smell.

I tried everything listed except the Nature's Miracle, which I have in my cabinet for my puppy's messes! Duh!!!! to me! I'm going to try it.

LSUDis said:
I tried everything listed except the Nature's Miracle, which I have in my cabinet for my puppy's messes! Duh!!!! to me! I'm going to try it.
Let me know how it works for you. I really like it for a neutralizer. If you have a regular bottle, just put some in a spray bottle. I now keep both kinds on hand.

It sounds like DD.com has a problem with their warehouses. Last year when I ordered DS a Hook costume it arrived with a slight odor & white stuff on it. It ended up being mildew! :( I called, sent it back & got another one. It was the same way. I was able to run it thru the washer & it came out thank goodness!

My DS has brought Luggage he bought from over seas, and it smells like Moth Balls! :rolleyes: I put it in my closet and its stinking the WHOLE closet up! I will have to try the above methods, or just put it in another room. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter