Anyone else dying inside from the exchange rate?!

Yep, feeling it. Bought four 4-day tickets (non park hopper) through UT. Actually it's a 5-day for the price of a 4-day. Our trip isn't until March, but we need tickets for January to make FP selections...can't see the dollar improving too much by then and there are always rumblings about a ticket increase (and the new ones about going to "surge" pricing).

Total was just over $1200 US...which is up around $1700 CDN :(

Yep, feeling it. Bought four 4-day tickets (non park hopper) through UT. Actually it's a 5-day for the price of a 4-day. Our trip isn't until March, but we need tickets for January to make FP selections...can't see the dollar improving too much by then and there are always rumblings about a ticket increase (and the new ones about going to "surge" pricing).

Total was just over $1200 US...which is up around $1700 CDN :(

I think you might be getting ripped off a little. I just purchased 1200 USD the other day and it cost me just around $1580. Still bad but not THAT bad.

I am currently planning a trip for September but given the exchange rate I'm thinking booking something in Canadian might be better. It's bumming me out lol

I think you might be getting ripped off a little. I just purchased 1200 USD the other day and it cost me just around $1580. Still bad but not THAT bad.

I am currently planning a trip for September but given the exchange rate I'm thinking booking something in Canadian might be better. It's bumming me out lol

The credit card company also adds a 2.5% so that's probably the extra cost. My DH loves it though it adds up to more points on his card :)

Slightly different perspective here...I'm an apple farmer (hence my avatar pic lol)... and a good percentage of my crop gets sold into the States, so when the US dollar is higher then ours it increases the CDN $ that I get for my crop. While it does "hurt" a little when I do the exchange on my trip the significant increase in my income actually makes that Disney trip possible! Not a popular opinion I know! :)

Slightly different perspective here...I'm an apple farmer (hence my avatar pic lol)... and a good percentage of my crop gets sold into the States, so when the US dollar is higher then ours it increases the CDN $ that I get for my crop. While it does "hurt" a little when I do the exchange on my trip the significant increase in my income actually makes that Disney trip possible! Not a popular opinion I know! :)

Absolutely a lower dollar is better for businesses who sell their products south of the border! It would be nice though if it could be in the 80-85 cent range so it would be tolerable both for business and for exchanging to head south :)

My husband is a Production Manager for an auto parts plant. A vast amount of their finished product is shipped south of the border and those companies pay in US funds. When our dollar was above par, it was a big hit to their bottom line. The company is much more profitable in current conditions. I try to keep that in mind every time I feel the sting.

OH don't i know it!! Hubby is waiting on a cheque to cover his most current on-line course. He actually keeps an eye on the $$ to decide when to deposit it!! I'm heading to Philly next Friday (OMG it's only a week now, i'm so stoked) to see a DIS-friend, not gonna be doing much spending when I'm there :O

I've been looking around at different ways to book our next trip (Disney hotel,flight,tickets) and I think I'm going to book through Expedia in Canadian funds then I don't have to worry too much about the exchange rate changing outside of spending money.

I've been looking around at different ways to book our next trip (Disney hotel,flight,tickets) and I think I'm going to book through Expedia in Canadian funds then I don't have to worry too much about the exchange rate changing outside of spending money.

You can get park tickets with Expedia packages? I was checking them out but could only price out hotel/airfare together. I didn't see anywhere to add on tickets.

You can get packages through air canada and westjet as well, in Canadian dollars, and including any discounts that are out through Disney (like stay play dine in Jan-March). I don't think you can get a dining plan through expedia. However, expedia has a "things to do" section where you can buy Disney tickets in CAD. I've never gone through the process far enough to add on tickets to create a package, but know you can buy them separately from flight/hotel.

The way the dollar is has me seriously thinking about selling one of my DVC contracts. I bought it at par for $60. I can sell now for $90, plus the exchange rate. What a great rate of return when there is nothing the banks are doing right now.

I remember going in '13 where it was not so bad. Now planning for next year makes my poor student pockets hurt! Hopefully it will get better in the first quarter next year

I just paid one of our two timeshare maintenance fee dues yesterday......I am dreading seeing what the converted amount turns out to be :(.

Booked universal and tickets for next year and they converted to canadian so I pay that way so not sure on the exact American price made it easier to swallow since I didn't see the conversion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter