Anyone Else Disappointed With Tony's Town Square?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jhaig, Mar 31, 2013.

1. DVCKev

DVCKev DVC Member

We ate there in 2007 and it was horrible and the service was just as bad! I have seen NOTHING in any trip reports etc. anywhere that would lead me to give them another chance so far, it's almost 6 years now. I don't think we will ever go back unless I start seeing some good reviews on a consistant basis, and that has yet to happen in years.......

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NoSoup4U

NoSoup4U I am Art Vandelay

Try it again? Are you mad? After one terrible experience, why would one go back when there are better options around?

4. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

It's not on our return list either. The food was edible but that's about it. Service was well wait... Was there any?!? We saw our waiter twice and that's it.

5. Vickie1016

Vickie1016 Mouseketeer

When our family ate here in '10, the food was average but the service was great! So we decided to eat here again last year. Well - by far the worst food of the whole trip and the service was very poor. Needless to say, we will not be eating here this July.

6. starrysky

starrysky DIS Veteran

We are the exact same I have given other places a second chance but it was so bad that we would never go back. Bad food rude service.

7. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Exactly! Why would we try a crappy restaurant again when there are other places that we know are darn good? Where we live you can get amazing, authentic Italian food 7 days a week. Being raised by an Argentinian mom with Italian roots myself, I learned to cook authentically as well. So we eat delicious food at home too lol! We really don't gamble on Italian food on vacation too often. And we did that in 2005. yes folks, Tony's was awful even back then. We tried Tony's, table for 2 for lunch. I had spaghetti and meatballs and my ex had chicken parm with spaghetti. The spaghetti was hard, box spaghetti and the sauce was barely edible. It tasted like pure tomato paste. Soo acidic. The meatbals were mediocre at best, same with the chicken. Service was horrible. We said we would never go back. No need to! To each his own :-)

8. NoSoup4U

Very good point! And I agree. I wont go back unless I see consistent positive reviews.

9. NoSoup4U

That was my experience too. We had the same meals. Spag & balls were sooooo gross. The meatballs were the worst I've ever had. Chicken parm was bad too.

10. Sweet Pea Reed

Sweet Pea Reed Mouseketeer

DH and I were there specifically for my birthday, the day before Valentine's Day, this year. I love Lady and the Tramp, and that's why i put aside the negative reviews and decided to give it a try for myself. Honestly, I enjoyed every moment of it ---- the atmosphere, the friendly and funny server (Casey, I believe) dinner and a lovely Valentine's dessert. We had spaghetti and meatballs, and chickem parm. Everyone has their own preferences. I will be back.

11. book_junkie

book_junkie DIS Veteran

I would pass on it if I could.... :blush: However, my Mom is in love with it, and turns out they have an eggless meatball. Who knew? First time in years that my husband could have spaghetti and meatballs... He was in heaven... Me.... :crowded:

12. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

8 years? Seriously? You're not helping anyone.

13. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

and sorry to call you out but you haven't been so negative in the past even saying you could see how it works for families after a long day in the parks. That's why it's better to read reviews on tripadvisor. People here suffer from a mob mentality. It's cool to hate Tony's right now so that's what people do.

14. RichmondTiggerFan

RichmondTiggerFan Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip

I've never been there, but the March 3rd, 2008 episode of Dis Unplugged told me all I need to know about Tony's.

15. NoSoup4U

Wow. You need to get over it already. Many people think Tonys is garbage. Its not about being cool. Their food is horrible!!!!! Our opinions! If you like it good for you. But dont go around posting about how we're only saying it sucks cause its cool. Sorry but thats pathetic.

16. mad madam mim78

mad madam mim78 DIS Veteran

I'll be in the minority here and say I love Tony's! Been twice and I love the food and atmosphere. The chicken Parmesan is so juicy and tender. I'm one of those people that will not eat any of the fatty nasty pieces of chicken so I always go through and cut up the entire piece of chicken looking for yucky bits. Both times the chicken breast was perfect throughout. I was amazed! Love the Parmesan bread appetizer. I personally like that the red sauce is more tomato than sauce. The noodles were perfect consistency. I just have nothing bad to say. Well......one time I didn't care for how our server looked I guess. She looked like a scullery maid. I know their uniforms don't help but she looked terrible. Service was still good though. It is sure to be a tradition for my family.

17. MyPrinceWillCome

MyPrinceWillCome Mouseketeer

My friend got food poisoning from their meatballs a few years back. She spent the entire next day of our vacation, either in bed or on her knees in front of the toilet. I haven't been back since.

18. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

What are you even talking about? I have posted many times about OUR experience at Tony's. Our experience has never changed. I have no idea what you're talking about families after a long day in the parks lol. The food was hard and horrible and we have no reason to go back ever. Has nothing to do with the dis lol. In fact we went there before I was even on the dis. I knew about the lady and the tramp theme and wanted to try it.

19. MermaidMommy

MermaidMommy DIS Veteran

Quick question about the parade and Tony's: Can you see the afternoon parade from inside the restaurant? Another website recommended eating there to see the parade, and said that even inside you can see most of the parade. We're going at the end of August, and really didn't want to sit outside in the heat for the parade, but I wouldn't go to Tony's otherwise. I know it won't be an unobstructed view, but I was just wondering if you can see enough to make it worth it.

20. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

Ditto that. Did it on our first trip in 2008, and just. Can't. Go. Back.....gak.

I know the hallmark of Disney dining is inconsistency, but this is the only place I haven't been able to give a second chance.

21. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

It was just ok not anything special. Will not be back. We like LTT better