Anyone else at the Animal Kingdom 10 years ago?

The tourguide says it on the train to Planet Watch.

We'd never taken the train out there b/c it just seemed like a waste of time. It's a petting zoo. You can do that anywhere.

As we passed the paddocks, the guide said what they were for and said that they were so the animals wouldn't harm each other at night.

Maybe the CM was mistaken. I'll make sure I ask when I'm there in May.

I remember this also, and the experience has lost a bit magic since.

On topic - We were there over Thanksgiving the first year. I remember the boats being a nice smell the roses ride, and "Countdown to Extinction". I also remember DW & I being late for our 7:00AM bus rendezvous and being left by the rest of my family, who wanted to get on the first safari jeep of the day, apparently. At one of the slowdown points on the safari ride, we were almost grazed upon by one of the giraffes. That was cool!

I remember going not too long after the park opened (within the first week I believe) and waiting over an hour of a half for It's Tough to Be a Bug. And it was HOT. Got to see all the animal carvings we'd ever want to see in our entire lives but the heat made it miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter