Anyone Divorced with older children who don't get along with their dad?

How lucky that your wife's father actually wanted a relationship. What many of us are saying is that our fathers just do not want a relationship. Or if they do, it's utterly one-sided or emotionally neglectful or emotionally abusive. It's not about a college major, it's about the fact that a college major choice is just one amongst many ways in which our fathers hate what we do, hate who we are, and/or are utterly indifferent to our existence. That is not what your wife experienced. Huge difference.

I'm not sure that is exactly what the OP is saying. Let's face it, a lot of what responsible parents do is tell their children when they disapprove of something, and that may be hurtful, but it necessary. Certainly it sounds like the relationship may be strained, and the dad may not be handling things in the best manner, but he is maintaining a relationship with his kids, I have no first hand experience, but from what my wife tells me as a child of divorce. as a kid you see the differences in your parents mindsets when your parents get divorced, and you as the kid get caught in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter