Anyone cruising May 8, 2004 Western?

nursegardener

Mouseketeer
Just curious if anyone else is cruising with us (DH and me) on the May 8, 2004 Western. We had booked for this past Jan. but had to cancel, so we are really looking forward to this cruise - even though it is almost a year away!! Seems like time is really passing quickly anyway!!

Does anyone have a non-expensive Cocoa Beach hotel recommendation for the night before - preferably oceanfront??

thanks!!
:D :D :D

We are on that cruise with you! It is me and my then 4 year old and a friend of mine and her then 14 year old. I know we are driving down and probably will get there a day early and need someplace to stay also!

Great! We are driving down from NC - takes about 10 1/2 hours. Hopefully someone will reply about a good place to stay. My DH and I may go down a couple days earlier just to have some Florida beach time.

We were just on the Wonder (5/4-8) and booked the May 8th Western for next year while onboard!!!!

We'll get there the night before and stay at the Hampton Inn like we did this last time. It was a nice hotel. Awesome free breakfast in the morning, and close proximity to the beach. The kids loved that! :)

Glad to see there's already others! :)

How much was the Hampton Inn? We stayed Radisson last year, it was $59 per night, but those deals seem to be gone along with the STM rate. It is now $89 a night but breakfast isn't included. So it may be worth staying elsewhere. But...Oh the DIS meet.

Decisions, Decisions. LOL

Joanna

Don't know what the base rate was at the Hampton, but according to my credit card statement, we were charged $88.11 (that would be after taxes and all that jazz) :) dh is the travel planner in the family....I just pay the bills. :)
Breakfast was well worth it....they had hot and cold selections....let me try to remember....
cereals, instant oatmeal, toaster waffles, bagels, english muffins, doughnuts, pastries, coffee/tea/juice/milk, hard boiled eggs... the spread was incredible, more than enough food, and very quick for a family who didn't want to waste time eating, but rather wanted to get to the port!!!
HTH

OhioMinnie who is all going with you? I have a then 4 year old girl and a then 14 year old girl in my party!

That trip will be me, my dh (ohiomickey) and dd (then almost 10) and ds who will be 7. :)

And who knows, we're taking my parents on a 4 day this December....if they LOVE it, they'll probably be booking with us in May. ;)

We will be on the May 8, 2004 Western: Myself (43), DW (44), DD (8). We booked this cruise while on board the May 3, 2003 Eastern and got the $200 on board credit. This will make our 4th DCL cruise (Wonder 11/00 and 5/01; Magic 5/03). Will probably add a few WDW days on to the end of the trip – hate to go straight from the ship to the airport!

CSX,
My dd may be interested in emailing your dd. They'll both be in the 8-9 yr old group and she'd love to have a "friend" on board.
PM me if you (and/or your dd) are interested.

Me, me, me!!! I am going with my family dh and two dds (3 years old and 6 1/2 years old). Plus, I talked dh's aunt's family in going too. They have a dd that is 11 years old. I can't wait..... I'd love to meet everyone too...

Tina

Tina is your daughter 3 now or will she be 3 when you cruise? My daughter is 3 now and will be 4 when we cruise....

Ohiominnie,

I have no idea how to PM somebody. Sorry, my computer knowledge does not extend much beyond MS Office and basic surfing. My DD (7 now; 8 in Feb) is a 1st grader and has not really discovered email yet but is rapidly improving her reading and writing skills. An email pal might be a good idea and she does have an AOL account.

If you PM me will I get some kind of notification?

We have barely finished unpacking from our recent cruise and we are already planning and counting down to the next one!

Originally posted by aprilgail2
Tina is your daughter 3 now or will she be 3 when you cruise? My daughter is 3 now and will be 4 when we cruise....

Actually, she turns two on thursday but will be almost 3 on the cruise. Bummer! But I think they would be in the same age group but your dd would be more mature than my definitely. I hope, my dd like the clubs enough for dinner, brunch and high tea at Palo. Other than that I can take her on all the tours, etc...

Tina

CSX,
I'll PM you. Hopefully your account is set up so it bleeps you a message. :) If not, go to "The DIS Discussion Forums" at the top of this page. Then click "User CP" From that page you should be able to access PM's.
If you have trouble, post here and we'll figure out another way. :)

We'll be on this cruise too! DH, myself, DS who will be 7 (when we cruise) DD will be 4 when we cruise:)

We're staying at the Radisson the night before:)

Originally posted by DreaminDisney
We'll be on this cruise too! DH, myself, DS who will be 7 (when we cruise) DD will be 4 when we cruise:)

We're staying at the Radisson the night before:)

That is where I think we are going to stay too, I hope to meet you at the hotel and let my then 4 year old daughter meet yours so maybe she won't be so scared going into the club if she knows someone else there!

DreaminDisney glad you decided to come on our cruise! I'll be going with my dh, dd6, dd3 and dh's aunt's family including dh and dd11 and Grandma/sister. I think, we are going to stay at the Hyatt though because our flight doesn't get in until midnight. So, hopefully, I'll meet you on the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter