Anybody else hate the Jack Skellington costume?

TukityTukers

Earning My Ears
Disney usually does a fantastic job with costumes and all the characters really look like the cartoons they're modeled after. When I think of that new talking Mickey, I'm completely amazed.

And then there's the odd man out with Jack Skellington. I think he looks awful! They got the head completely wrong, it doesn't look like the Jack I love so much. What happened Disney?! How could you ruin a beloved character like that??
Good Jack -

jack-skellington-tim-burtons-nightmare-before-chrismas-poster.jpg

Ruined Jack -

23-jackskellington-01.jpg

While the head might not be perfect, it allows Jack to speak. I think that usually ends up being a plus.

Talking is nice, but only if they pull off the look. I'd much rather have Jack look like Jack and not say Jack!

Disney usually does a fantastic job with costumes and all the characters really look like the cartoons they're modeled after. When I think of that new talking Mickey, I'm completely amazed.

And then there's the odd man out with Jack Skellington. I think he looks awful! They got the head completely wrong, it doesn't look like the Jack I love so much. What happened Disney?! How could you ruin a beloved character like that??
Good Jack -

jack-skellington-tim-burtons-nightmare-before-chrismas-poster.jpg

Ruined Jack -

23-jackskellington-01.jpg

His head is totally different. What a shame because the suit looks great!!

Thanks for the pic, first time I see a close up on them.

I think that when you're dealing with humans, there's gotta be some sort of shift in what was an animated character. Especially in the head region.

Sally looks great! But jack freaks me out, his head is just too weird. I agree that it should be changed and I dont need a talking jack if he looks normal. Honestly most people just want a pic with the character and it doesn't matter if they spoke or not. I would rather have a great looking character in the photo than a strange one who can speak. :)

Sally looks great. Jack is going to scare my kids and DD really likes the movie. I should show her this pic first!

DW met up with Jack last year and said it was one of the best character experiences she has ever had. Said he played the part beautifully and being able to talk really made it, with a lot of credit due to the actor's ad lib ability. Hoping for the same this year.

I agree! I was looking forward to seeing Jack on my first Halloween Time trip to DL - but not so much after I saw a photo of him.

He looks like an alien. I don't understand why they couldn't make his head a little rounder and his eyes a little smaller. :confused:

But Sally does look good!

he does look a bit awkward....
im with most of you, i'd rather him not talk and have a good looking head then talk with a odd shaped head lol.
sally could do all the talking for him!

Wow Sally looks great.... Jack looks like an Alien from the Christopher Walken movie "Communion"

I thought that too when I first saw pictures of him online but as soon as we met him in person & he started talking to my children, he won me over. He was perfect!!!!!! We have had a chance to chat with them for the last 2 years in a row now......they are so much fun! Very much in character! :thumbsup2 And I also agree that Sally's costume is awesome!

I agree- I love Jack and that is just wrong looking. They should have made him non speaking.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter