Any word on Tutto Italia?

YAY! i just made our ADR for dec. 10 we got in at 4pm for the candlelight processional package. i hope it is wonderful! i big puffy heart italian food:rotfl: any reviews yet?

I made 3:45pm ADR for the CP on Dec 3. I hope it's good! I only saw the lunch menu, and I wasn't overly impressed, but it's the only place that could get us in that night for the Candlelight Processional.

I was very lucky to get to eat at Tutto Italia on their second night open which was 9/18/07. I should have kept the menu but I can say that it was unanimous in my party that it was EXCELLENT!!!! It was only one TS on DDP and was the best value on out 6 night trip which we just returned from tonight. Out party ate Lamb Shanks, Lasagna, and two cream pasta dishes with peas and pruscuitto. We had an antipasta platter which they tailored for four and my DS has pasta and meatballs.

Desserts were AWESOME. my DW and I had a zaglibone sorbet with berries and a cream sauce over ladyfingers that was the dessert highlight of the trip which we ate while watching illuminations from the sidewalk in front of Italy (not in the restaurant) with a light toy vendor who had a complete act he performed during illuminations my DS(6) is convinced this CM was controlling illuminations

I know people loved the prior restaurant but this is a big improvement.

I was very lucky to get to eat at Tutto Italia on their second night open which was 9/18/07. I should have kept the menu but I can say that it was unanimous in my party that it was EXCELLENT!!!! It was only one TS on DDP and was the best value on out 6 night trip which we just returned from tonight. Out party ate Lamb Shanks, Lasagna, and two cream pasta dishes with peas and pruscuitto. We had an antipasta platter which they tailored for four and my DS has pasta and meatballs.

Desserts were AWESOME. my DW and I had a zaglibone sorbet with berries and a cream sauce over ladyfingers that was the dessert highlight of the trip which we ate while watching illuminations from the sidewalk in front of Italy (not in the restaurant) with a light toy vendor who had a complete act he performed during illuminations my DS(6) is convinced this CM was controlling illuminations

I know people loved the prior restaurant but this is a big improvement.

Thanks for the review - we're looking forward to it!

Deb's site has the lunch menu posted and it is now the most expensive restaurant inside EPCOT Center, at least for lunch. I compared the prices to Le Celliar, Chef's De France and Rose and Crown, just to be sure my initial impression was correct.

Yep, rivals NYC in price. As with many restaurants in WDW now, it only makes sense to eat there if you're on DDP. As one poster said, this restaurant is now the best bargain in Epcot if you're on DDP. However, if you're paying OOP . . .

Besides, I hate family-style Italian. Isn't it enough that WDW already has lots of "put it all in the middle of the table and let the family dive in"-type retaurants.

Bring back Alfredo's! I hope all of those on these boards who trashed Alfredo's mercilessly (until apparently WDW listened and took action) will be happy with what they got in its place.

I can't tell you how sad I am about Alfredo's. That was some seriously good food.

As far as ElizabethB's post.. I hope that they didn't close Alfredo's because of what people have said. I heard that the contract between Alfredo's of Italy and WDW Epcot was due to expire on Sept 1, 2007, and despite Disney's efforts to renew, an agreement could not be met.
It was my impression that the owner of Alfredo's was not willing to renew.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Deb's site has the lunch menu posted and it is now the most expensive restaurant inside EPCOT Center, at least for lunch. I compared the prices to Le Celliar, Chef's De France and Rose and Crown, just to be sure my initial impression was correct.
The dinner menu is up now -
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_itd.htm

It does seem expensive, and we're not on the DP this time. We're going to give it a try at the end of October, anyway.

I heard from a very well placed source in a position to know that WDW made it very clear to Alfredo's that renewal was not an option.

Wow! the family style meal would be over $200 for our family of 4. I guess if we want Italian we will not go to Epcot!

wow - that's steep
so 2 new Italian restaurants (this and Il Mulino) and they're priced along the lines of the 'Signature' Restaurants.
IMHO, I'd rather pay to eat at CA Grill, Flying Fish, or Citrico's b/c I can't a) make that kind of food at home or b) get it in almost every restaurant in my town!

$24 for lasagna ??? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I don't think so....

Don't even want to think about pricing once the "signature" restaurant opens next year.

I heard from a very well placed source in a position to know that WDW made it very clear to Alfredo's that renewal was not an option.

I got my info from a CM. I called to voice my displeasure over the imminent closing of Alfredo's and the story I got was that Disney wanted to renew and Alfredo's didn't.

Personally, I don't especially care WHY, I'm just really really mad that it closed.

I am afraid to deem anything my favorite anymore, because it always seems to CLOSE! First Alfredo's and now Concourse. :sad1: :sad2:

I'm just heart broken because now there's no fettuccini alfredo, my favorite!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter