Any word on the Hulk?

Our kids in the south go back the first full week of August. They report to school AUGUST 1ST!!! Madness. I'm so glad I only had a few years of that. Then again... August is too hot to really do anything down here anyways so might as well be in school. :confused3:beach:

I do property management and our rates always confuse people. Our "fall" rates start August 13. Winter rates start first week of November.. leaves people going "HUH?" I've had to start rephrasing. "Late summer" is now through labor day and "Early fall" is now september. Has helped the confusion a little... lol
Oh my goodness I thought we had it bad with mid-August throughout all my school years including college..yipes you win lol

Oh my goodness I thought we had it bad with mid-August throughout all my school years including college..yipes you win lol
Our colleges go back Mid-August usually through first week in december. Go back second week of january and get out 1st week of may. Grade schools go back first week of august, get labor day, week of fall break in october, an entire week for thanksgiving now, and 2? weeks for christmas/new year. MLK day, spring break, then out the weekend or two before memorial day depending how it falls.

They changed it when I was in middle school I think. We used to go back 2 week or so. When I was a little kid we went back mid august.

Our colleges go back Mid-August usually through first week in december. Go back second week of january and get out 1st week of may. Grade schools go back first week of august, get labor day, week of fall break in october, an entire week for thanksgiving now, and 2? weeks for christmas/new year. MLK day, spring break, then out the weekend or two before memorial day depending how it falls.

They changed it when I was in middle school I think. We used to go back 2 week or so. When I was a little kid we went back mid august.
It's so interesting how schools around the nation do things. I kinda feel like that's why sometimes people ask "umm why are the parks busy I thought kids were in school" or why the timeline for ride opening can be interpreted as different things like to me late summer means late July/early August because of when I went back to school when I was growing up and in college but I know that's not exactly what Universal or theme parks in general may mean.

It's so interesting how schools around the nation do things. I kinda feel like that's why sometimes people ask "umm why are the parks busy I thought kids were in school" or why the timeline for ride opening can be interpreted as different things like to me late summer means late July/early August because of when I went back to school when I was growing up and in college but I know that's not exactly what Universal or theme parks in general may mean.
Plus international traffic! International schools are SOO much different than ours! Many people in Europe get out of school mid June. (Harry potter brings a lot of brits in!)
If it weren't for international traffic at disney parks the parks would be dead silent in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always feel there are less english speaking people in the parks during that time than people from elsewhere.

Anyways..... hulk... :rolleyes1

Plus international traffic! International schools are SOO much different than ours! Many people in Europe get out of school mid June. (Harry potter brings a lot of brits in!)
If it weren't for international traffic at disney parks the parks would be dead silent in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always feel there are less english speaking people in the parks during that time than people from elsewhere.

Anyways..... hulk... :rolleyes1
Very true :D

:thumbsup2 yes on to Hulk lol

Wow....now, they are saying Sept 1. When people started talking about the walls coming down...I was very hopeful. We are there Labor Day week and I thought for sure it would be open by then. Now....maybe not. :(.

Touring Plan says: Currently closed. Re-opening Thursday, September 1, 2016

Does anyone know where they get this info?

As for touring plans... I've been wondering the same thing! Before now it had been saying July 22nd.. Not sure where they got that information either!

Last edited:
As for touring plans... I've been wondering the same thing! Before now it had been saying July 22nd.. Not sure where they got that information either!
Pretty sure it's just an educated guess, I wish they would label it as such. It's definitely not July 22nd.

I'm wondering if they just picked a date (using maybe "late summer" thought-process) that seems a decent enough time but I agree with atricks it should be labeled as something like "this is our best guess"

:yay: Awesome!! That's Exciting!! Sorry, it was just a little hard to believe since they have been running tests since late may lol

We went out there tonight after it rained since the rain cooled it enough to be tolerable, and saw the new hulk at night. Apparently this was the first night they started to use the new launch lighting and sound effects, but it is incredibly amazing and took me by surprise. The exterior of the tunnel hums and lights up bottom to top, and the hulk literally roars and shoots out with a big blast of light and a huge wave of water shoots up as it goes over the lake. The trains have headlights also.

Just from watching it outside at night they knocked this upgrade out of the park. It appears media day for the new Hulk is August 16th, so it could be opening up for softs in the next 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
We went out there tonight after it rained since the rain cooled it enough to be tolerable, and saw the new hulk at night. Apparently this was the first night they started to use the new launch lighting and sound effects, but it is incredibly amazing and took me by surprise. The exterior of the tunnel hums and lights up bottom to top, and the hulk literally roars and shoots out with a big blast of light and a huge wave of water shoots up as it goes over the lake. The trains have headlights also.

Just from watching it outside at night they knocked this upgrade out of the park. It appears media day for the new Hulk is August 16th, so it could be opening up for softs in the next 2-3 weeks.

Found a video of it from tonight https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/759221163574882309 make sure audio is up for it.

Seeing this in person from on the bridge completely unaware it was coming took me by surprise. Apparently they aren't done adding effects to the outside either.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter