Any tricky CP interview questions?

I have a quick question...

I was reading through the thread and someone said if you are going to apply you have to take a semester off...is this true?

i thought there were certain classes you could take while you were down in the college program that would turn into college credits; if your college/university was willing to

You can. The classes offered are certified by the American Council on Education for credit. It is up to your university if they take the count the transfer. Talk to you adviser or person in Career Services. They should know. Make sure to take the class syllabus to them when you meet. You can find them on the CP website.

Here are my tips for the phone interview.

1. SMILE! You can always "hear a smile" through the phone.
2. Don't be nervous and be yourself.
3. Be comfortable. For my first CP interview, i wore pjs and a tshirt and it made me 10x more comfortable than if I had been in "interview" clothes.

that's all i can think of, off the top of my head.

... She asked me questions mostly about Hospitality and Attractions. I didn't get any questions about Character Attendant (dang! I kinda wanted that one most.) She asked if I was interested at all in dong Quick Service Food and Beverage. I said no. I have worked in restaurants since I was 15 and one of the big reasons I want to work at Disney is that I want an experience that is totally unique and not do something that I could do anywhere. I wish I had specified which resort I wanted to be in. I guess if I get it, I will be in All-Star or Pop! lol....I hope this helps. I wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my mind. My girlfriend, who is a campus rep., sat in the room during my interview. She said I did great.I feel like I answered every question professionally, yet with a certain amount of personality. Hopefully, I will meet some of you this Spring!

Cheers!
-Andrew

Hi to Andrew, and anyone for that matter!!

I am planning to mark my top roles as Hospitality and Attractions, as well. I was wondering what types of questions they asked you for these. I know the guest with the specific requests, and the space mountain questions.. but are there any others I could think about before my interview? Were there any questions that surprised you or caught you off guard?! I'd really appreciate it, I get so anxious, I know I'm not alone here, but I'd like to sound knowledgeable rather than nervous!!

Thank you!! :earsboy:

So I had my phone interview on Sunday and I feel like it went pretty well. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and personable. We started off with making sure all of my information was correct and that I was able to do somethings like legally able to work in the US and things of that sort. She also wanted to know when I would want to be there. She said that I could put down Spring and if I wanted to extend I could do that while I am down there; we'll see about that! She also asked me if I had been to WDW recently and what my experience was like. I assumed that this was to figure out which park I liked best and which would be best for me to work in.
From there, she asked me about what roles I had check on the role check sheet. I told her I was interested in the following:

1. Hospitality
2. Attractions
3. Character Attendant
4. Full Service Food and Beverage.

She asked me questions mostly about Hospitality and Attractions. I didn't get any questions about Character Attendant (dang! I kinda wanted that one most.) She asked if I was interested at all in dong Quick Service Food and Beverage. I said no. I have worked in restaurants since I was 15 and one of the big reasons I want to work at Disney is that I want an experience that is totally unique and not do something that I could do anywhere. I wish I had specified which resort I wanted to be in. I guess if I get it, I will be in All-Star or Pop! lol....I hope this helps. I wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my mind. My girlfriend, who is a campus rep., sat in the room during my interview. She said I did great.I feel like I answered every question professionally, yet with a certain amount of personality. Hopefully, I will meet some of you this Spring!

Cheers!
-Andrew

This is a very interesting thread! Since Hospitality will be on the top of my list, I'm glad to have read some of the experiences.

I've been working at McDonald's for almost two and a half years, and QSFB is something I want to steer away from, for the same reason as you.

Please let us know how you do!

I wonder if one of the questions now for Attractions will be "Someone really wants to ride Space Mountain, and it's their last day, but it's closed, so what do you tell them?"

And you can't even say "you can go on the TTA" because that's closed too.
Would you recommend them to Big Thunder Mountain or something? =/

I hope Space Mountain opens sometime before we all leave!

I wonder if one of the questions now for Attractions will be "Someone really wants to ride Space Mountain, and it's their last day, but it's closed, so what do you tell them?"

And you can't even say "you can go on the TTA" because that's closed too.
Would you recommend them to Big Thunder Mountain or something? =/

I hope Space Mountain opens sometime before we all leave!

it closes in april and opens close to the end of 2009 so yes if you're accepted into fall or fa 2009 then it will be open before you leave.

Coming from the city with the Big Dig, I know things always take longer to finish than they say they will. =(

But what do you think would be a good answer to that question? Is there even one? Or can you just apologize for the inconvience?

Hello!!

I applied for costuming (and got it!). They imply that when you apply for that position you do not work with guests in the park. I believe they asked if i was comfortable working a checkout system and cleaning and lifting the costumes. And also something about being on my feet for a looong time! Since my college major relates to this, I mentioned that to my recriter as well.

I know Photopass is a new position for CPs, but has anyone interviewed for this yet? What kind of questions did they ask?

Hey so Space Mountain will be closed to the end of 2009? Well wouldn't you know. The last time I went to Disneyland, on my Senior Trip, Space Mountain was closed too. But it was still one of the best days of my life. Now I may finally have the opportunity to go to Disneyworld, and with my luck, its closed again. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be open by the end so I'll get to ride it after all. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

But anyway, in regards to interview questions, I still have to go to the presentation on Wednesday, but I need to prepare. I feel pretty comfortable about the basic ones people keep bringing up. I'm ready for them. It's some of these other questions I've been reading about that are role specific. Those still have me thinking. I'll be going for attractions as my first choice, then merchandise and transportation. What should I expect? I heard there's a question that goes "what would you do if a kid started kicking you?" That one kind of freaks me out! Obviously the child is still the guest, you've got to give respect even if you get none, but what do you do in that situation? Ask the parents politely to control their child? I don't know what the official policy is for that, but whatever it is I'll do it.

I heard there's a question that goes "what would you do if a kid started kicking you?" That one kind of freaks me out! Obviously the child is still the guest, you've got to give respect even if you get none, but what do you do in that situation? Ask the parents politely to control their child? I don't know what the official policy is for that, but whatever it is I'll do it.

Just as a parent, I would suggest that you bend over to be eye-to-eye with the child (which would also get you out of kicking range, most likely) and ask them a question (what's your favorite ride so far, do you trade pins, who is your favorite character, etc). With kids, it's all about distraction and focusing their attention on something else.

Just as a parent, I would suggest that you bend over to be eye-to-eye with the child (which would also get you out of kicking range, most likely) and ask them a question (what's your favorite ride so far, do you trade pins, who is your favorite character, etc). With kids, it's all about distraction and focusing their attention on something else.

Thanks a lot. Sounds pretty logical to me.

I marked a lot of roles as options, but the one I wanted to do the most is Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostesse. I know a lot about hair and styling, and I think I would do a great job at it but I've never actually worked at a salon.
Are you automatically not considered for this role if you haven't??

My interview is tomorrow! I'm so nervous!

Just finished the interview. I thought I'd add some questions on here for the sake of others, before I forget them.

*If you're at Main Entrance Operations, and the first person to greet our guests, how do you make their day magical?
(This is the only one that kind of caught me off-guard, since I had been preparing for other roles. I said that I'd keep smiling, and ask people what ride they're looking forward to going on, and tell them they're going to have a great time. Idk how good that was).

The others I'm about to mention feel like no-brainers, but I'll mention them anyway.

*How do you feel about driving driving a monorail 70 feet off the ground?

*How would you feel about driving a boat or monorail, while answering guest questions?

*How do you feel about driving at night?

*If a package of chips comes at $1.50 each, and a guest wants 3, and gives you $10, how much change do you give back?

*How comfortable are you memorizing long spiels and delivering them over a microphone?

*How do you feel about moving away to Florida, and leaving your friends and family?

Due to the amount of transportation questions they asked me, I have a gut feeling that's what they'll probably offer me. What do you think?

Transportation is my top role for when I apply - you should be lucky to be offered it. Was it one of your top three? Did you tell your recruiter you wanted it the most?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter