• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any tricky CP interview questions?

I was CP in 2001 and I remember my one questions. I was asked (interviewed with someone interviewing for advanced CP in Guest Relations) - If I was to be a kitchen utensil, what would I be and why?

I let the other girl answer first which she said a blender since she blends well with people (although a good answer, it is not a utensil)

My answer was that I would be a wooden spoon. Because it is versitle, it always needed in the kitchen and is also unique as it is the only wooden object in the drawer.

BUMP for those about to interview.

Plus, I can't remember. Did anyone get asked Why they want to work for Disney and Why they want to do the college program in two separate questions? My answer seems to spread and I don't want to repeat myself.

I was also thinking about the ^^^^ above question.

Also, I was wondering about interview questions regarding the recreation role or concierge role. I would assume that the concierge role probably has the same questions as the hospitality role... am I right?

Thanks everyone for all the advice on this thread!! It has tremendously helped me prepare for my interview on Monday!!! :worship:

Good luck! :cheer2: Let us know how it went!

It was incredible! I applied last semester and was rejected and I felt like my interview was really weak but this time I was prepared and it went sooo well! yay!

I had Margie and she was great! Very sweet.

Questions I got:

Why am I interested in doing the Disney college program?

Talk about my job and what I do there.

Do I have roommates?

How do I feel about people from diverse backgrounds?

What is my favorite job I've ever had (including volunteer work, etc) and why?

Character Attendant: What would you do if someone was being rough with a character?

Photopass: Talk about photography experience. Then she said photopass has two sides. Taking photos and selling photos/merchandise (mugs, etc). How would I try to upsell photopass merchandise?

Character Performer: Talk about my dance experience. I auditioned last semester so maybe thats why she skipped on asking more questions. Last semester I also got "What would you do if a child was scared of you?"

Those were the only questions I got I think. I remember thinking "Thats it?" but my interview was 23 minutes long! I give quite the long winded answer apparently!

I also applied for Attractions but I wasn't asked any questions about it.

Good luck to you all!!

cheaters.

the end.

I'm sorry, but your response was graded 0/100 by the hyperflame Automated Testing Service (TM).

Next time, please answer in full sentences, provide justification for your remarks (preferred: links to external websites), and please quote the person you are replying to for easier referencing. Your answer is also being graded for grammar and spelling.

Thank you, have a good day!

Sooo my interview is in an hour omggomgomgogm (I just applied yesterday on a whim...and when I called they gave me an interview for TODAY ahh)

For jobs, I picked:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Hospitality
Concierge
Vacation Planning

I MOSTLY want BBB...I read on here someone got asked if they ever worked in a salon and they said no and that was it...I've never done salon work but my major is in funeral service and a big part of that is getting people ready to be looked at-hair, makeup, nails, etc. so I think I should mention this if I get asked the salon thing...

Any other questions they specifically ask for BBB? I am really going to try to get this one lol. What about the other 3 that I mentioned?

Sooo my interview is in an hour omggomgomgogm (I just applied yesterday on a whim...and when I called they gave me an interview for TODAY ahh)

For jobs, I picked:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Hospitality
Concierge
Vacation Planning

I MOSTLY want BBB...I read on here someone got asked if they ever worked in a salon and they said no and that was it...I've never done salon work but my major is in funeral service and a big part of that is getting people ready to be looked at-hair, makeup, nails, etc. so I think I should mention this if I get asked the salon thing...

Any other questions they specifically ask for BBB? I am really going to try to get this one lol. What about the other 3 that I mentioned?

Funeral Service huh? How on earth do you get into a major like that?

I think if you've already practiced getting mannequins ready or something, it'll help you. Otherwise if its something you have YET to do, they'll probably stop you there.

Hospitality: What would you do if a guest requested a specific room/view and there were absolutely none available?

I haven't applied for Hospitality but thats a question I've heard.

Vacation Planner is a sales heavy environment so they'll ask you about sales experience and how comfortable you are in a high sales/stress environment.

GOOD LUCK!! Let us know how it went!

Funeral Service huh? How on earth do you get into a major like that?

I think if you've already practiced getting mannequins ready or something, it'll help you. Otherwise if its something you have YET to do, they'll probably stop you there.

Hospitality: What would you do if a guest requested a specific room/view and there were absolutely none available?

I haven't applied for Hospitality but thats a question I've heard.

Vacation Planner is a sales heavy environment so they'll ask you about sales experience and how comfortable you are in a high sales/stress environment.

GOOD LUCK!! Let us know how it went!

Ahh I got into funeral service because I really like all the crazy anatomy stuff and helping people but I didn't want to go to school for 10 years (FS takes 2) so I did this instead...I get to do anatomy stuff and help the families it's cool and I love it!

And thanks for your reply! My interview juuust got over, I tried to emphasize that I have experience in the beauty field even though it is non-traditional since it involves beautifying the dead lol but I realllly want BBB! But I'll be happy if I just get in! But BBB looks sooo fun and I love kids and the costumes there look great too haha

Ahh I got into funeral service because I really like all the crazy anatomy stuff and helping people but I didn't want to go to school for 10 years (FS takes 2) so I did this instead...I get to do anatomy stuff and help the families it's cool and I love it!

And thanks for your reply! My interview juuust got over, I tried to emphasize that I have experience in the beauty field even though it is non-traditional since it involves beautifying the dead lol but I realllly want BBB! But I'll be happy if I just get in! But BBB looks sooo fun and I love kids and the costumes there look great too haha

Did she ask you multiple questions about BBB? I dont think I've ever heard of someone getting past the salon experience question so I wonder what they would ask after that?

Hopefully you get BBB! Let us know when your acceptance letter comes!

Did she ask you multiple questions about BBB? I dont think I've ever heard of someone getting past the salon experience question so I wonder what they would ask after that?

Hopefully you get BBB! Let us know when your acceptance letter comes!

Yeah she asked me what I would do if a little girl was hesitant about actually going through with the makeover...I said I would ask the little girl who her favorite princess was and if we had that costume say she could look like her and she will look super beautiful when it is done and if she got to meet the princess at the park that day the princess would love how she looked

I hope it was a good answer lol I hadn't heard anyone on here get past the salon question either soooo ahh I don't know! I hope I just get accepted in general! But I really want BBB hahah

Yeah she asked me what I would do if a little girl was hesitant about actually going through with the makeover...I said I would ask the little girl who her favorite princess was and if we had that costume say she could look like her and she will look super beautiful when it is done and if she got to meet the princess at the park that day the princess would love how she looked

I hope it was a good answer lol I hadn't heard anyone on here get past the salon question either soooo ahh I don't know! I hope I just get accepted in general! But I really want BBB hahah

It sounds like a good answer to me! Good luck!:thumbsup2

Smile and make 'em laugh is my answer to both your question and to life in general haha :goodvibes

Although I'm not interviewing until January, this is a good thread and deserves a little *bump*

Good luck with interviews!

I'm not interviewing until January (*high fives for FA'10 hopefuls!*), but I just wanted to ask...

I went through this thread, and there's been a few people asking about Costuming questions, but only one person has responded. Costuming is my number one choice, so does anyone else have any tips abou possible questions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter