Any tips to getting through to Hotel Reservations on the phone??

MaleficentRN

Orange Bird is my spirit animal.
I've been trying to modify a reservation for a week and I just sit and sit waiting for a CM to pick up until I have to hang up, usually about half an hour. I've tried at various times of day.
And the hold music isn't even any good anymore. It's just snippets of songs with an ad to buy Disney Classics on Apple music over and over and over...

I've been trying to modify a reservation for a week and I just sit and sit waiting for a CM to pick up until I have to hang up, usually about half an hour. I've tried at various times of day.
And the hold music isn't even any good anymore. It's just snippets of songs with an ad to buy Disney Classics on Apple music over and over and over...
I modified a reservation twice last week. Both times I called around 1pm Eastern time. Both times I was on hold for close to an hour. I think you just need to be mentally prepared for an hour+ wait.

I think you just need to be prepared to wait on hold. My shortest call with them since they reopened was just over an hour and that was right when they opened at 7am. I’ve had quite a few that I waited 3 hours for. Mine was tickets, but I assume they’ll all be the same at this point.

I called last week to modify my reservation. I was on hold for 1 hour 3 minutes, but the actual time talking with a cast member to save over $1000 only took 10 minutes.

I found it was helpful to have one AirPod in so I could hear when they picked up, but didn’t have to hold my phone to my ear, listen with both ears, or have it blaring out to the house on speaker.

Do you have a Disney Visa? The shortest hold I ever had was somehow going through them to what seemed to be a dedicated line. Now I can't find that number anywhere so I'm starting to wonder if my memory is faulty or if I just imagined the whole thing. But it was the difference between a 3 hour hold that I then lost and about a 3 minute hold during the day(s) right after they announced out-of-state guests would be allowed.

I was on hold for 1 hour, 20 minutes last week when the discount for DLH came out. It saved me over $550, so it was worth it, but I certainly wish the Disneyland website was as self-service friendly as the Disney World site.
Exactly. If this was WDW I could take care of this on my own. Unfortunately, I am now tying up a reservation that someone else could use AND my deposit.

Do you have a Disney Visa? The shortest hold I ever had was somehow going through them to what seemed to be a dedicated line. Now I can't find that number anywhere so I'm starting to wonder if my memory is faulty or if I just imagined the whole thing. But it was the difference between a 3 hour hold that I then lost and about a 3 minute hold during the day(s) right after they announced out-of-state guests would be allowed.
No. I got rid of it years ago.

I called last week to modify my reservation. I was on hold for 1 hour 3 minutes, but the actual time talking with a cast member to save over $1000 only took 10 minutes.

I found it was helpful to have one AirPod in so I could hear when they picked up, but didn’t have to hold my phone to my ear, listen with both ears, or have it blaring out to the house on speaker.
I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the same song clips over and over and over. :sad2:

No. I got rid of it years ago.
Understood. If I didn't like looking at that castle so much every time I pulled out my card, I might not keep it either as I mostly use just one card, and that isn't the one. But in the case of that phone call, it seemed to be helpful.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the same song clips over and over and over. :sad2:
They really need to change and update the loop! Lol. It’s been the same since last year during the shutdown. It still mentions the void in DTD! I’ve waited on hold numerous times for hours over the last year. In fact, on hold right now trying to see if we can get the discount on our DLH reservation….🤞🏼

Called first thing in the morning on Saturday (June 16th). Got a CM within 2 minutes.
Was shocked. a few weeks ago, I waited 2 hours and my call got disconnected before I could reach someone.

Maybe try early morning.

I've only been successful getting a hold of someone twice. The first time I got tired of waiting and pressed for Spanish, got a CM almost instantly (he actually greeted me in English and so we carried the conversation this way). The second time I called late at night, not very late but late enough that I thought I wouldn't be able to get someone on the line (cant remember the time, sorry!). After only 5-7 mins, I got a hold of a CM.

Called first thing in the morning on Saturday (June 16th). Got a CM within 2 minutes.
Was shocked. a few weeks ago, I waited 2 hours and my call got disconnected before I could reach someone.

Maybe try early morning.
Just tried now 8:30 EST and the office is closed. :headache:

I've only been successful getting a hold of someone twice. The first time I got tired of waiting and pressed for Spanish, got a CM almost instantly (he actually greeted me in English and so we carried the conversation this way). The second time I called late at night, not very late but late enough that I thought I wouldn't be able to get someone on the line (cant remember the time, sorry!). After only 5-7 mins, I got a hold of a CM.
Thanks for those tips! I forget the circumstance, but it was difficult to get through to American Airlines a few years ago unless you called their customer service line in France and they spoke English.

When I called the number on my email confirmation (714.956.6425)- it took forever. I had better luck with 714-520-5050. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter