• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

We check in on August 31st at Pop. Today MDE is giving me the option to make FP+ reservations for my entire 4 day trip. I don't think I am going to do it though. I really DON'T want to be shut out of regular FP for the trip.

My DD and I are staying at CR Sept 11-15 (short, fun trip). I am really hoping for the Magic Bands!!! It would be something new and different for us! Today is the 40 day mark and nothing :scratchin

To the person who heard a rumor, I doubt MagicBands will be completely rolled out by September.

With the large scale test going on for August, they're going to want to take some time and analyze the feedback and iron out all the kinks before a full roll out. If anything, testing will continue into September, but I'm fairly certain that MagicBands will not be fully rolled out.

Ok I talked to CM the other night & she said without saying of course that there will probably be another test in September unless the roll out comes then. I said I was interested & if she thought i'd get my wish of a band for my September trip, she said yes without saying of course. Plus they should be adding some new resorts to the testing list soon as well too. So it looks like September should have another test with a full roll out before 2013 is over. Of course that's just what I heard....

To the person who heard a rumor, I doubt MagicBands will be completely rolled out by September.

With the large scale test going on for August, they're going to want to take some time and analyze the feedback and iron out all the kinks before a full roll out. If anything, testing will continue into September, but I'm fairly certain that MagicBands will not be fully rolled out.

That's assuming there are any major kinks. Aside from some issues with the MDE website and ticket linking, there really haven't been too many problems with the actual in-park aspect. Of course, this current round of testing has just begun, and it's bigger than the last one, so new problems could arise. And the computers did go down yesterday morning, causing people to be stranded outside the park turnstiles for a short period of time right around the opening of the 4 parks, but I don't think there's been any major problems as of yet; nothing that would cause them to need more time.

We shall see, of course.

It wouldn't surprise me though, that if this next 5-7 days seems to be going okay in terms of FP+, they will ramp up the Magicband distribution for September and October, even if they don't go full-out implementation.

I'm actually hoping to have it for our end of Sept trip. Hit a recommended park in the morning and do all the major attractions at whatever park we're at (TT, Mission Space, Splash Mt, Space Mt, BTMRR, TSM, ToT, RnRC, Safari, EE, etc). Then do the second tier attractions until mid day. Back to the room for an afternoon rest, then head out around 4-5 to whichever park is open the latest and/or has EMH, and hopefully use any FP+ I can obtain for the late afternoon/evening hours. Then spend the rest of the night just walking around and enjoying nighttime in the parks and hitting attractions that rarely have a wait time.

Who knows... they may still be giving out KTTW cards that allow you to double dip FP and FP+. :woohoo:

My husband and I are staying at YC 8/31-9/4 and BWI for one night on 9/5, we were chosen. We received an email and since I am a disney vacation planner someone from Disney called me. They originally told me one of my bookings had been selected and it ended up being mine. We were able to customize our magic bands and they were at our door two days later!

According to the CM, we will be able to use MM+ and our annual passes to get regular fast passes, I hope this is true as you can only get fast passes for ONE park per day.... Also, this was a room only ressie, no dining plan and we already had the AP's.

My husband and I are staying at YC 8/31-9/4 and BWI for one night on 9/5, we were chosen. We received an email and since I am a disney vacation planner someone from Disney called me. They originally told me one of my bookings had been selected and it ended up being mine. We were able to customize our magic bands and they were at our door two days later!

According to the CM, we will be able to use MM+ and our annual passes to get regular fast passes, I hope this is true as you can only get fast passes for ONE park per day.... Also, this was a room only ressie, no dining plan and we already had the AP's.

Us too. We check into Pop on 8/31 and were selected. My TA got the email of chosen clients and we were on it.

My first reaction was absolutely not!! (In fact, I think I posted that here on this thread! :rotfl:)

BUT

I did decide to try it simply because this is a short trip and also will be 1 of 3 for us this year (ie no harm, no foul if things get a little messed up). Since we are trying to cram all 4 parks into 3.5 days, I decided that I am going to try out the "rope drop" theory. We will rope drop one park and ride standby and use FP+ in our park hop later in the day.

Of course, I am hoping that the info given about still being able to use the APs for traditional FP holds true in the event that the above doesn't work out ;)

Ok I talked to CM the other night & she said without saying of course that there will probably be another test in September unless the roll out comes then. I said I was interested & if she thought i'd get my wish of a band for my September trip, she said yes without saying of course. Plus they should be adding some new resorts to the testing list soon as well too. So it looks like September should have another test with a full roll out before 2013 is over. Of course that's just what I heard....

Well considering 9/28 is the last day to book FP+ selections, they seem to be on hold with further testing ATM. The 60day window is open to 10/2 but no FP+ can be booked for anything that far out. There is an error message that pops up saying there are no fast passes available anywhere in any park.

Us too. We check into Pop on 8/31 and were selected. My TA got the email of chosen clients and we were on it.

My first reaction was absolutely not!! (In fact, I think I posted that here on this thread! :rotfl:)

BUT

I did decide to try it simply because this is a short trip and also will be 1 of 3 for us this year (ie no harm, no foul if things get a little messed up). Since we are trying to cram all 4 parks into 3.5 days, I decided that I am going to try out the "rope drop" theory. We will rope drop one park and ride standby and use FP+ in our park hop later in the day.

Of course, I am hoping that the info given about still being able to use the APs for traditional FP holds true in the event that the above doesn't work out ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback after your trip. We always hop and am curious how not using FP in the first park of the day might go. Like many things though, i suppose it could greatly vary by day/season

i am down to 40 days checking MDE everyday to see if i get any luck lol i have both my annual pass and MNSSHP linked to it to get more of a chance for the magic bands.

i am down to 40 days checking MDE everyday to see if i get any luck lol i have both my annual pass and MNSSHP linked to it to get more of a chance for the magic bands.

How did you link your MNSSHP tickets?? I tried and it would not let me. Did get my AP link.

Laura

How did you link your MNSSHP tickets?? I tried and it would not let me. Did get my AP link.

Laura

i had the will call tickets i just called the MDE Tech support and a cast member was more then helpful to link it for me .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter