Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

I am curious how the test group was notified...did they receive a call, email or was it just available on MDE? I would love to try this since it is just me and DH on our next trip. I think it would be fun to play with the new technology. :thumbsup2

Arriving at POR September 14th for a week. I wish the Disney site would only show the FP+ links, band customization, etc., for people to whom it applies - especially because the way it's set up now makes it look as though it's currently available for me (and seemingly to all). I know that I would be notified if I am selected to test, but that doesn't prevent the site from being ultra confusing (even more so than it already is!!). A "coming soon!" FAQ would be a great alternative!

We are arriving at POR the same day as you! I can see the tabs for the magic bands and for Fastpass plus on the MDE website but I can't do anything with them. Can you?

We are arriving at POR the same day as you! I can see the tabs for the magic bands and for Fastpass plus on the MDE website but I can't do anything with them. Can you?

I can see them also but can not do anything with them.:confused3
Laura

Yay for POR! I've never stayed there, so I'm very excited. :woohoo:

I can't customize the bands, no, but all of the false FP+ links are driving me nuts!! Earlier today, I was able to open a calendar for some dates in August - not even when I will be there - to "pick" FP+ experiences, but the site immediately kicked me out of that screen (I saw someone else had this same experience). That sort of thing is what keeps happening!! I see the links, so I try to click through to see if I can actually get anywhere (usually out of curiosity!)... but nothing yet. I know I don't have to look at those sections of MDE, and I will get an email if I'm selected, but every time I see the links I do briefly wonder if I will be a tester. Add me to the list of people who hate the website. ;)

I will post here if and when (that is with fingers crossed, of course) we can do anything.

Laura

Just got my package from Disney that include all the information about the trip and it's missing the luggage tags so the bags can get delivered to the room. But they did goof up and included a paper about Magicband coming up in September Fingers Cross

We are staying at the Contemporary Aug 13-17 and just got a package on Sat announcing that we had been chosen. I customized our bands on Sat and they arrived at our front door this morning. So if you are chosen it could be as close as two weeks before your trip. Have patience and keep your fingers crossed.

Karen:yay:

Just got my package from Disney that include all the information about the trip and it's missing the luggage tags so the bags can get delivered to the room. But they did goof up and included a paper about Magicband coming up in September Fingers Cross

Well that beats out luggage tags any day! Btw, you can call and they will send the yellow tags.

Can you post the paper? What are your travel dates and resort?

We are staying at the Contemporary Aug 13-17 and just got a package on Sat announcing that we had been chosen. I customized our bands on Sat and they arrived at our front door this morning. So if you are chosen it could be as close as two weeks before your trip. Have patience and keep your fingers crossed.

Karen:yay:

And you are notified by the package, not by e-mail or going onto MDE?

I am curious how the test group was notified...did they receive a call, email or was it just available on MDE? I would love to try this since it is just me and DH on our next trip. I think it would be fun to play with the new technology. :thumbsup2
I believe the August group was notified via email, UPS letter. and pop up on MDE website. Some folks never got email, some haven't gotten ups letter, and I'm sure some folks saw others getting it so they went to website and got popup/ found out after reading it on dis.

I believe the August group was notified via email, UPS letter. and pop up on MDE website. Some folks never got email, some haven't gotten ups letter, and I'm sure some folks saw others getting it so they went to website and got popup/ found out after reading it on dis.

Yes, the popup started appearing on/about July 16th (which, incidentally, is 17 days from August 2nd). People also got some scattered emails and UPS letters at that time indicating they were a part of the test. It now appears that 17 days is magic number to receive notice that you are included in the test, but that the popup is available before you ever receive your email/ups invitation.

For example, we are arriving at Disney on August 17th. The ability to customize my bands showed up on July 16th. I've had my MagicBands since July 22nd. I fully expect to receive an email and/or UPS package tomorrow including my invitation to test.

So far, I haven't seen anybody who customized their bands get inside of 17 days without receiving a UPS letter/email notification.

So far, I haven't seen anybody who customized their bands get inside of 17 days without receiving a UPS letter/email notification.
OK than I guess ones I'd read were just early to game.

We'll be at POFQ Sept 21-29. Fingers crossed! We were lucky enough to do the FastPass+ test at MK last September. Worked great for us then!

We arrive September 7 staying at ASMo. I was wondering if any September guests have been invited to test FP+. I keep checking my Magical Experience to see if I may have a notice but so far nothing.

We arrive the same day but are staying at ASMu. Also hoping to test out the Magic Bands.

Staying POR sep 19-27th hoping for FP+. Mainly for the convenience of parades and fire works seating for my 3 & 6 year old, it's our first Trip for our family. Lol though I'm checking the site and app multiple times a day!

sbarisch said:
We'll be at POFQ Sept 21-29. Fingers crossed! We were lucky enough to do the FastPass+ test at MK last September. Worked great for us then!

Staying @ por the 22-28! So hoping for magic bands...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter