Any September guests received FP+ testing invite?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by luvgoing2disney, Jul 28, 2013.

1. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

I'm staying at Pop as well, haven't heard about September, but I think August guests at Pop are involved.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

Me too, I have no idea where to look!

4. kidslovemickey

kidslovemickey Earning My Ears

I'm a travel agent and we were just notified of guest selections for magic bands yesterday for our Labor Day weekend guests at Yacht Club. I'm hoping to get them in September too so I can help my clients!

5. luvgoing2disney

luvgoing2disney DIS Veteran

Ok so since we arrive the weekend after labor day maybe we still have a shot

6. Mikes:)Mom

Mikes:)Mom Mouseketeer

We check in on Sept 2nd at POFQ after Universal! (can't wait:cool1:)

I called and asked about the bands. I was told we would get an email if FB+ was out.

I'm hoping not. I want one more trip with fast passes!

7. Sleepy425

Sleepy425 Mouseketeer

We will be at Pop those same dates. I apologize in advance if you happen to try to be relaxing by the pool at the same time we bring my 1 and 3 year old:blush:

I'm hoping this isn't rolled out by then, I do not want to have to deal with the issues they are bound to have.

8. DopeyFan1

DopeyFan1 Earning My Ears

Aw I won't mind! That's what Disney if for right? They should be able to be loud and have fun! :-) do they know that yall are going or is it a surprise?
    I'm worried about it being rolled out and trying to figure it out and deal with the problems too. I guess we will see! :-)

9. nuzmom

nuzmom a real Robinhood

AKL (Jambo for a day and then Kidani) from Aug 31 - Sept 14... haven't heard anything, but when I select FP+ under the pulldown below MDE, it takes me to a calendar but then says "we're sorry! The selection date must be within at least one party member's fastpass+ selection window." That's different, but nothing else can be done - so really no difference. (yet?)

10. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

At BWV Sept 1-21, haven't heard anything about FP+ being available.

11. DisWishes720

DisWishes720 Mouseketeer

We are headed to BC from Sept 17-20 and then AKL the 20-22. I am so confused about this whole FP+ testing! If we do get picked, will we only get 3 FP a day? What if we are going to more than one park a day? Will we then not be able to use the old FP system?

Almost makes you not want to get picked...

12. GaBelle

GaBelle DIS Veteran

That's the way I understand it as of now- 3 fast passes and cannot use the old system.

If you are selected, you can decline.

13. Raya

Raya Mouseketeer

Arrival date 9/19, and MDE keeps telling me to link reservations to my account so I can set up my FP+... But we haven't bought tickets yet. Here's the text:

"Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Create your Family & Friends list and link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year."

Does this mean when we add tickets, we'll be selected? :confused3

14. Tbiafore

Tbiafore Mouseketeer

No - Its the generic placeholder text everyone is seeing.

15. Marblies

Marblies DIS Veteran

That note is driving me nuts since I have already created my list and linked tickets and resort reservations. Every time I see it I go back and double check my reservation page. However, when I click on "Manage MagicBands", only 2 members of our party are listed with pics of cards only, of course. I can't figure out why all four party members aren't listed.

16. luvgoing2disney

luvgoing2disney DIS Veteran

Just checked MDE this morning. Still nothin'

17. snausman

snausman Mouseketeer

We are going Sep. 5-15, staying at CR. I check several times a day and nothing. Hoping to be part of the test group. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

Laura

18. tpettie

tpettie What's a tag and why do I want one...

Were at POP Sept 6-15 but I'm in Canada and the web site is hit and miss here... I'm on the fence but hope to have the option to say yes or no... Likely Yes as I just can't resist trying it.

19. maggiemayhem

maggiemayhem Mouseketeer

Arriving at POR September 14th for a week. I wish the Disney site would only show the FP+ links, band customization, etc., for people to whom it applies - especially because the way it's set up now makes it look as though it's currently available for me (and seemingly to all). I know that I would be notified if I am selected to test, but that doesn't prevent the site from being ultra confusing (even more so than it already is!!). A "coming soon!" FAQ would be a great alternative!

20. GaBelle

GaBelle DIS Veteran

Are you able to order/ customize magic bands? We also arrive 9-14 and I cannot order.

21. mdlisenbery

mdlisenbery Earning My Ears

We are stay from the 4th - 10th and I havent seen anything yet. Let us know and we shall all check.

:D