Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Disneyfun1 said:
thanks for the link, now i know my birthday cruise that we are planning on booking will be a western caribbean cruise with the Fantasy docking in the Cayman Islands on June 23, 2014. At least i know where we are going now!:) It will be our first 7 night cruise, so it didnt really matter where we were going, but now we can start looking for activities to do there.

I REALLY wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean for Thanksgiving 2014. Looks like it will be Western. Has anyone done both and have a preference?

Silverfox97 said:
Here's some detailed detective work:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012/10/a-look-at-possible-2014-itineraries/

All speculation with regards to the port calendars of course!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I find it interesting he put the Wonder as straight 7 night sailings spring 2014. Given that it is absent from the Grand Cayman calendar every other week, I'd guess more of the 4night, 6 night and 8 night rotations like the Magic spring 2013.

I REALLY wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean for Thanksgiving 2014. Looks like it will be Western. Has anyone done both and have a preference?

I prefer the Eastern. You get an extra sea day + I'm not a fan of Key West.

Jodie

My question with the eastern ones is would it include San Juan?

I was told by someone in the travel business that it looks like Disney "might" add Falmouth, Jamaica to the Western and San Juan to the Eastern. I'd love to go to San Juan. :goodvibes

Was hoping today was the day!!

Boy, so was I!!!! Now I'm hoping my prediction for October 18th is going to come true!

cruisecrasher said:
I find it interesting he put the Wonder as straight 7 night sailings spring 2014. Given that it is absent from the Grand Cayman calendar every other week, I'd guess more of the 4night, 6 night and 8 night rotations like the Magic spring 2013.

No. All 7-nighters. One week Grand Cayman, the next Jamaica. That's how he figured it with the GC calendar & the mystery ship on the Falmouth, Jamaica calendar.

Just speculation......

Silverfox97 said:
No. All 7-nighters. One week Grand Cayman, the next Jamaica. That's how he figured it with the GC calendar & the mystery ship on the Falmouth, Jamaica calendar.

Just speculation......

Speculation. True. We shall see.
One of these days!

I was selfishly hoping the Magic's schedule on the Grand Cayman port website hinted at a 6 night Western/8 night Bahama split from Galveston.

Our goal for 2014 is one night at WDW (my DDs want to see the 7 Dwarf Mine when it opens), followed by a cruise over Thanksgiving 2014. We could fly & do the Fantasy, but I was hoping for something other than the Western route, and it looks like that is what the Fantasy would be doing.

So, if this is somewhat correct, it looks like there won't be a 8-night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston on the Magic anymore in 2014? January - May? That was the one I was interested in booking.

I don't think I would rule it out yet. I don't think they can do alternating 7 nights in the winter due to the Princess Cruise Ships in Galveston along with Carnival, and RCCL. I think there are port constraints unless they build the 3rd pier.

I don't think I would rule it out yet. I don't think they can do alternating 7 nights in the winter due to the Princess Cruise Ships in Galveston along with Carnival, and RCCL. I think there are port constraints unless they build the 3rd pier.

I'm just not sure if I should book something on the Fantasy as the dates are going to open up soon? And the Magic dates probably won't until January. I'm just worried if I don't book something on the Fantasy thinking that I can get that 8-night in Galvaston that I'm going to end up paying a lot more. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.

I'm just not sure if I should book something on the Fantasy as the dates are going to open up soon? And the Magic dates probably won't until January. I'm just worried if I don't book something on the Fantasy thinking that I can get that 8-night in Galvaston that I'm going to end up paying a lot more. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.

You can do what I'm planning to do which is book the Fantasy and then move it to the Galveston Cruise once the dates are announced if the schedule/price makes sense.

Ok, for when these dates DO come out (for those of you that have been around ON OPENING DAY) what's the website like? I know they've been working on it, so it may not be the same, but does it tend to crash or give overload messages a lot, from everyone trying to book all at once?

Someone on Disboards got this email (below). I wonder if they will be making an announcement in Manhattan tomorrow.

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

Someone on Disboards got this email (below). I wonder if they will be making an announcement in Manhattan tomorrow.

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

Yeah, I got that email as well (but I got it last week). Too bad I work downtown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter