• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

I just called to ask if gold/platinum will be notified first. The CM said they have no word about release dates, itineraries or what procedure they are going to use as far as notification :confused3 So the wait continues :sad:

CarolAnnC said:
They are learning how to keep a secret, LOL! :jumping1:

Or just not telling the employees. When they released second half of 2013 for the classics, the CC# people found out when it went up on the website, same as us.

Or just not telling the employees. When they released second half of 2013 for the classics, the CC# people found out when it went up on the website, same as us.

That's exactly what I was referencing...DCL is learning how to keep a secret! lol.

And what's maddening is that if you call any other cruise line (like Princess or HAL), they may not have the release dates for booking yet, but usually know what the upcoming itineraries are so that you can at least get some planning ideas. When we were looking to book Alaska on HAL, they knew what the 2012 itinerary was in 2010, but told me that bookings wouldn't start until sometime in early 2012 for Alaska. Europe you could book in 2011.

We all know that Disney knows MONTHS ahead where they plan on going since they have to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. So if they don't want to give away when the bookings will be released, they can at least give us some of the itineraries so we know whether we are even interested :rolleyes2

Ahhhh, but maybe that's their plan -- keep us in the dark so we don't start looking elsewhere for more interesting itineraries :rotfl2:

And what's maddening is that if you call any other cruise line (like Princess or HAL), they may not have the release dates for booking yet, but usually know what the upcoming itineraries are so that you can at least get some planning ideas. When we were looking to book Alaska on HAL, they knew what the 2012 itinerary was in 2010, but told me that bookings wouldn't start until sometime in early 2012 for Alaska. Europe you could book in 2011.

We all know that Disney knows MONTHS ahead where they plan on going since they have to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. So if they don't want to give away when the bookings will be released, they can at least give us some of the itineraries so we know whether we are even interested :rolleyes2

Ahhhh, but maybe that's their plan -- keep us in the dark so we don't start looking elsewhere for more interesting itineraries :rotfl2:

Disney thrives on people who book resort stays and cruises before they have time to think about their trip plans! Apparently a lot of people do that, too.

Disney thrives on people who book resort stays and cruises before they have time to think about their trip plans! Apparently a lot of people do that, too.

Less time to review means less time to shop around. You are right Nancy, no accident...

We've had our Disney Med booked a year and a half out since opening day release. I feel that's a good amount of time. I'm not sure I know what or when we have vacation 2/2+ years out. How do y'all do that?!

We've had our Disney Med booked a year and a half out since opening day release. I feel that's a good amount of time. I'm not sure I know what or when we have vacation 2/2+ years out. How do y'all do that?!

It's the only way to get good pricing deals. The up side is it gives you plenty of time to pay it off and save for extras!

January 2014 is a year and 2 1/2 months away at this point..most cruise lines have their itineraries and/or bookings available.

January 2014 is a year and 2 1/2 months away at this point..most cruise lines have their itineraries and/or bookings available.

Holland America has had their January thru April 2014 itineraries online for booking since July!

CarolAnnC said:

That's what I'm saying. When they release, it's an appropriate time for my family. I sort of like that it's not 2+ years in advance because I'm not sure I would jump on the opening day prices. I was happy with the year and a half for the Med Cruises next summer. I had an idea of our time restraints of when we could/could not cruise.

I've already done most of my shopping around. All the other lines have their spring 2014 dates released. Easy to shop ahead now if you are planning to cruise in early 2014. Just waiting for DCLs itineraries to come out now.

The other cruise lines I sail (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, and HAL) tend to stagger the release of their new itineraries in the late winter and throughout the spring. That includes European itineraries for the following year. On Royal Caribbean - one can now book as far out as May 2014 for Caribbean and Hawaii (repo) cruises, and through April for South America, Australia/NZ, Panama Canal, Bahamas, and Bermuda. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity also publish the dates when booking opens for each destination.

If DCL releases 2014 itineraries this month, my guess is that it will be for all of 2014 for the Dream and Fantasy. If they do as they've done the past few years, the Wonder and Magic's potentially more interesting itineraries won't be available for booking until January, and then only through the end of summer. DCL wants to get those pricey new ships filled first!

That's what I'm saying. When they release, it's an appropriate time for my family. I sort of like that it's not 2+ years in advance because I'm not sure I would jump on the opening day prices. I was happy with the year and a half for the Med Cruises next summer. I had an idea of our time restraints of when we could/could not cruise.

What I am saying is that DCL is not giving customers a year and a half to book since it is less than that now to January 2014 ( you chose summer but not everyone does). Most other cruise lines, however, are giving that consideration.

CarolAnnC said:
What I am saying is that DCL is not giving customers a year and a half to book since it is less than that now to January 2014 ( you chose summer but not everyone does). Most other cruise lines, however, are giving that consideration.

Oh. I see :) :)

We generally only sail during the peak dates. Can't/ won't take kids out of school. 5 more years and we will have the freedom and more funds! ;)

NancyIL said:
If DCL releases 2014 itineraries this month, my guess is that it will be for all of 2014 for the Dream and Fantasy. If they do as they've done the past few years, the Wonder and Magic's potentially more interesting itineraries won't be available for booking until January, and then only through the end of summer. DCL wants to get those pricey new ships filled first!

I agree. I'm going to book the Fantasy for Spring Break (March) 2014 & Aug 2014. However, I'm willing to change one or both cruises once the Magic & Wonder 2014 are released if there's something I'm interested in!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter