• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recommendations for my first drink?

Harambe Cooler at Dawa bar in AK -- fantastic rum drink and you will not taste the alcohol - the drink is also not too sweet

Any of the specialty drinks at Dawa would be a good choice and the atmosphere at the bar is a great escape

Great suggestions so far! I think its a good idea to choose drinks that are not as strong in the alcohol-taste

A glass of Rosa Regale in Italy. A sparkling red wine (but its a light drink) It has a little less alcohol in it as well. Be sure to get the little piece of chocolate that comes with it. YUMMY!!!!! Enjoy!

I second this suggestion...Rosa Regale is a beautiful sweet sparkling wine. What I wouldn't suggest as your first alcohol experience is over-indulging....especially at Disney. You're first over-indulgence can lead to misery and sickness the next day, and that's not what you want when you're at Disney....save that for a party at home, or out with friends and a designated driver.

I'm proud of you for waiting this long for your first drink...there is way too much alcohol abuse by teenagers these days :thumbsup2

hope my kids are as level headed as you:goodvibes

champagne is always good- start with the best (ignore the 20/20 jokes!!)

loads of nice drinks in epcot...pint of guiness (hey im british lmao, and its an aquired taste!)
if not the french grey goose slush is yummy :love:
the Lapu Lapu at the poly is amazing (tho i drank mine rather quickly as i was thirsty whilst waiting for the allergies chef to visit our table at ohanas.... dh thought me trying to play sober was really funny!! (i dont recommend it!!;)

as for drinking too much, wdw has a zero tollerance of drunken behaviour - we followed i bachelor party round the world in 2010.... it was like watching james bond, wdw security staff are dressed as tourists, and they swope and removed them in minutes, and they were a big group..... u dont want to get kicked out lol!!:scared1:

The frozen margarita from Mexico. But not at the CS get it from the kiosk across from the souviner shop. The CS ones are too tart. They are moderate in alcohol and tasty. Have fun! But not too much fun :rotfl:

I would choose some kind of fruity, slushy drink. A grand mariner slush would be good. A margarita might not be too bad but tequila has a unique taste that some don't like. You may be better off getting something with rum or vodka because they aren't as strong.

I would definitely go to the Mexico pavilion for a drink. Either go into La Cava de Tequila and have a margarita there, or I'd get the Fiesta margarita at the stand outside.

Oh yes, slushie in France is my fav! I suggest trying both kinds. ;) This is actually the background pic on my iphone...I'm not kidding! :rotfl:

Disney20121948.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm, had one last time and I already planon having one this time. A grown up slush, what beats that?

That sounds neat.....I'd never heard of it. I'm not a drinker....and my husband isn't home right now to ask him what his favorite drink at the World was. I'm sure it was probably something at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival though :), much of which I'm sure you could get year round.

Here is the alcohol picture thread :) Alcohol at Disney-with pictures.

Have fun :)

Oh. Thank you for that link. I will definitely have to check it out.

Turning 21 the day we leave for our trip in January. I'm planning to have my first drink at WDW.

I just read that having a teaspoon of oil (yuck) before having an alcoholic bev. helps absorb the alcohol. I am almost 50 and have never heard that before. Any thoughts? Also, for this thread's OP, be careful drinking in hot weather, hits ya pretty quick. :-)

A Long Island Iced Tea will put you under the table for sure. :dance3:

That being said, I'll suggest anything sitting by the pool at your resort of choice!

:cool1:

I second this suggestion...Rosa Regale is a beautiful sweet sparkling wine. What I wouldn't suggest as your first alcohol experience is over-indulging....especially at Disney. You're first over-indulgence can lead to misery and sickness the next day, and that's not what you want when you're at Disney....save that for a party at home, or out with friends and a designated driver.

I'm proud of you for waiting this long for your first drink...there is way too much alcohol abuse by teenagers these days :thumbsup2

I was also thinking about the Rosa Regale as my first drink. I will for sure not over-indulge on alcohol. I don't want it to seem like I am going to WDW just for the alcohol. I just want to have fun, make memories, and have new positive experiences. Yeah, there are lots of alcohol abuse by teenagers, and I try not to become a statistic. Thank-you for your kind words. :)

hope my kids are as level headed as you:goodvibes

champagne is always good- start with the best (ignore the 20/20 jokes!!)

loads of nice drinks in epcot...pint of guiness (hey im british lmao, and its an aquired taste!)
if not the french grey goose slush is yummy :love:
the Lapu Lapu at the poly is amazing (tho i drank mine rather quickly as i was thirsty whilst waiting for the allergies chef to visit our table at ohanas.... dh thought me trying to play sober was really funny!! (i dont recommend it!!;)

as for drinking too much, wdw has a zero tollerance of drunken behaviour - we followed i bachelor party round the world in 2010.... it was like watching james bond, wdw security staff are dressed as tourists, and they swope and removed them in minutes, and they were a big group..... u dont want to get kicked out lol!!:scared1:

Thank-you for the kind words! And your kids will definitely be level-headed! I am sure of it. :) I am glad that WDW has that zero tolerance rule. It should be all about safe fun and making wonderful memories. I will definitely not end up like that bachelor party.

LSUfan4444 said:
Your first drink needs to be as memorable as mine. You need to buy a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 (Orange) and drink it from a brown paper bag. Anything else is selling yourself short, trust me.

Gotta say, my first drink was eerily like yours, enough so that I gagged when the MD reference came up!lol I would also say a Rose Regale, alcoholic but smooth and tame.:)

That sounds neat.....I'd never heard of it. I'm not a drinker....and my husband isn't home right now to ask him what his favorite drink at the World was. I'm sure it was probably something at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival though :), much of which I'm sure you could get year round.

Here is the alcohol picture thread :) Alcohol at Disney-with pictures.

Have fun :)

Thank-you for linking the post to the picture thread. :)

For a first drink you need to decide if you lean towards something sweet or a bit more tart. I can only handle a sweet drink here or there before I've had enough. So I lean towards tarter drinks. For a sweet drink try a piña colada or a BBC by the pool. there is a lava colada that is half piña colada and half strawberry daquari. For a more tart drink go for the Grey Goose slush in France or a traditional margarita in Mexico. There are just so many choices. Every resort has a drink menu and some of their own specialties. I'm not sure where you are staying, but the best pool drinks on site are at OKW. They still hand mix and blend every drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter