Any recommendations for my first drink?

AgentR

Undercover
I am turning 22 and celebrating my birthday at WDW. I have never had an alcoholic beverage ever, and I am thinking of having my very first beverage there. Any recommendations or suggestions on any drinks that I should have as my first? Do any of you have a favorite that you would be kind of enough to share on here? :)

Oh yes, slushie in France is my fav! I suggest trying both kinds. ;) This is actually the background pic on my iphone...I'm not kidding! :rotfl:

Disney20121948.jpg

A glass of Rosa Regale in Italy. A sparkling red wine (but its a light drink) It has a little less alcohol in it as well. Be sure to get the little piece of chocolate that comes with it. YUMMY!!!!! Enjoy!

I am turning 22 and celebrating my birthday at WDW. I have never had an alcoholic beverage ever, and I am thinking of having my very first beverage there. Any recommendations or suggestions on any drinks that I should have as my first? Do any of you have a favorite that you would be kind of enough to share on here? :)

My favorite mixed drink at WDW is at Brown derby- It is called a Peachtree I had two of those my last trip. so yummy!

in epcot Japan area Joy of tea you can get frozen peach schnapps

Epcot Italy- peach bellini are amazing as well

Can you tell I love peach?:rotfl2:

Well I would say it would depend. What are you looking for in your first drink? The slushie in France that is pictured is good, but won't get you drunk, unless you had quite a few. I had one and didn't feel a thing. I don't drink often and am a huge lightweight :rotfl:

There is an alchoholic drink thread on here with photos. I would check that out and see what looks good. If you can't find it in the search, do a google search for it. That is how I find stuff on this board when the search on here does not work right.

Happy Birthday and enjoy!

Grand Mariner orange slush - France - its is one of my fav's
Sangria - Tutto - Italy
Purple Rain - at the Poly ( the bar )
Bass ale - England
Cali Grill - Reisling - I think they offer more than one - go for the sweeter, the dry is way to dry IMO.

Be careful with your 1st drinks you don't want to have your 1st hangover.;)

Cheers

A glass of champagne and fireworks!!! Or you could roll up your sleeves at Epcot for a shot of tequila (with salt and lime). Have fun, but not on an empty stomach. ;)

Your first drink needs to be as memorable as mine. You need to buy a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 (Orange) and drink it from a brown paper bag. Anything else is selling yourself short, trust me.

Seriously, I agree with a slushi from France in Epcot, but disagree with the Grand Manier suggestion. I very much prefer the Grey Goose Slushie (pictured above).

If you chose another route, it would be hard to go wrong drinking a glass of champagne from the deck at narcooses while watching Wishes.

Your first drink needs to be as memorable as mine. You need to buy a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 (Orange) and drink it from a brown paper bag. Anything else is selling yourself short, trust me.Seriously, I agree with a slushi from France in Epcot, but disagree with the Grand Manier suggestion. I very much prefer the Grey Goose Slushie (pictured above).

If you chose another route, it would be hard to go wrong drinking a glass of champagne from the deck at narcooses while watching Wishes.

Too funny. :rotfl2:

Kae

LSUfan4444 said:
Your first drink needs to be as memorable as mine. You need to buy a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 (Orange) and drink it from a brown paper bag. Anything else is selling yourself short, trust me.
That experience is one that most who have had it would like to wipe from their memory!

If you like sweet and tart together try the Eco-tini. It is made with Acai spirits, which aren't too strong, and has lemon and ginger, among other things. It is served with a cool dried Acai berry bracelet. You get a souvenir, suitable for man or woman, to remind you of your first drink!

I'm not a big drinker either, but have tried a few drinks at the World. I agree with the Grey Goose slushie in France Pavillion. It is very good. But I also LOVE the Lapu Lapu at the Poly! That would probably be my first choice. Served in a pineapple, made me feel like I was visiting Hawaii.

Seriously, I agree with a slushi from France in Epcot, but disagree with the Grand Manier suggestion. I very much prefer the Grey Goose Slushie (pictured above).

I love EVERY part of this, except the MD20/20 should be Banana Red....

(OH YES the GG slush is to die for, and champagne/Narcoossees/fireworks sounds like the next addition to my itinerary!)

the Eco-tini. It is made with Acai spirits, which aren't too strong, and has lemon and ginger, among other things. It is served with a cool dried Acai berry bracelet. You get a souvenir, suitable for man or woman, to remind you of your first drink!

That sounds neat.....I'd never heard of it. I'm not a drinker....and my husband isn't home right now to ask him what his favorite drink at the World was. I'm sure it was probably something at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival though :), much of which I'm sure you could get year round.

Here is the alcohol picture thread :) Alcohol at Disney-with pictures.

Have fun :)

I love EVERY part of this, except the MD20/20 should be Banana Red....

Tomatow / Tomahto, as long as it is drunk from a brown paper bag, with the doors of a car open playing some tunes and someone ends up cleaning the floorboard, it works for me.

My favorite WDW alcohol memory involves going to Hoop De Doo Revue and partaking in the sangria included in the price of admission. You know you're having a great adults-only time when the waitress flags your table for "last call" before dessert is even on the table! :X I would highly recommend the experience.

Additionally, the margaritas in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot are fabulous.

If you like frozen type of drinks I would try either the Margarita at the Mexican Pavilion and/or if you like something on the "make you pucker" side, there is also the Frozen Italian Margarita (my personal favorite) at the Italian Kiosk (It's made with lemoncillo liquor and grappa).

Both have a reasonable amount of alcohol and because they are frozen you must drink them a bit slowly or die from the brain freeze!

But since it's your birthday, a simple glass of champagne at the France kiosk would be the perfect way to celebrate! Enjoyed with a lovely patisserie from the Boulangerie, doesn't get any better!

Enjoy your birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter