Any OCTOBER guests received FP+ testing invite?

i was only able to make FP+ reservations for the amount of days on the tickets linked to my account. we were going to wait until there to upgrade to APs, so i'd just done the2-day base required for free dining. however, i had to upgrade to five days in order to pick FP+ for all of our park days.

i was also able to book FP+ for a party day from 4-7 pm, but those were with my regular tickets. we are planning to go to the party that night, but don't have tickets yet. the night before, we're doing the HS Villains' Party (after the TOT race), so we plan to sleep in a little that Sunday.

i've also only been able to book three FP+ for our MK days (trip is in early October).

We are there 9/28-10/3 and I've also not been able to select any parade or fireworks times for FastPass+. Kind of a bummer - I thought it would be the one great perk of being a tester for the new system to get to skip the Fantasmic line. At least I've grabbed my fast pass times for rides and won't be running all over the park when I get there each day.

Our MagicBands were delivered today!

Now like everyone else I'm waiting anxiously to see if they'll add parade or Fantasmic viewing FP+! It will make or break my decision to watch Fantasmic this trip...we weren't going to do it at all but when I realized we'd be part of the test I became hopeful again. I absolutely adore the show (like crying my eyes out type adoration) but I do NOT adore the line/mob wait and walk into the theater!

What tickets do you have linked to your MDE?

Sorry... I just saw this. We have our park hopper tickets linked to our MDE as well as our FP+ (3 for each day).

I thought I had linked our MNSSHP tickets to MDE but they're not there anymore??? I know you need an actual hard/paper ticket for this so maybe that's why?

Our MagicBands were delivered today!

Now like everyone else I'm waiting anxiously to see if they'll add parade or Fantasmic viewing FP+! It will make or break my decision to watch Fantasmic this trip...we weren't going to do it at all but when I realized we'd be part of the test I became hopeful again. I absolutely adore the show (like crying my eyes out type adoration) but I do NOT adore the line/mob wait and walk into the theater!

We are in the same boat. I wasn't planning on seeing Fantasmic, then I book the Fantasmic Package, but I have too many reservations, so I need to cancel it. So, we were going to do it. But, now if we could grab FP+ for it we'll go.

Got our magic bands and email asking us to participate in the testing this week! Now I just need to book the FP+ reservations..

Ugh, I have all but one AP connected to MDE! I don't want to go ahead and make FP+ reservations without one person getting them for fear the same ones won't be available once we get to WDW and are able to connect that AP. WDW Internet support has been very helpful and is trying very hard, but there seems to be a glitch in the system with APs. I'm a little worried that there won't be any "E Ticket" FPs available once we get there. Oh, well - we'll be back in January, and hopefully some kinks will be worked out by then.

LittleMissMagic said:
Ugh, I have all but one AP connected to MDE! I don't want to go ahead and make FP+ reservations without one person getting them for fear the same ones won't be available once we get to WDW and are able to connect that AP. WDW Internet support has been very helpful and is trying very hard, but there seems to be a glitch in the system with APs. I'm a little worried that there won't be any "E Ticket" FPs available once we get there. Oh, well - we'll be back in January, and hopefully some kinks will be worked out by then.

You might want to just go ahead and book them for those in your party that have the ability. What can it hurt? You can always change them after you arrive and everyone is in the system. They also have a feature where you can copy selections to another person. It might be easier to think about your selections now then after you get to the park. I have no idea how the system works but if there is a finite number of FP+s available for an attraction it would, in theory, be easier to add one person vs. trying to add multiple people.

Good luck getting everything figured out.

I've very overwhelmed with all the talk to Magic Bands and Fast Pass +. I've tried my best to get trough this thread, but its super loooooonnnnggg!

Any answers to the following questions/concerns would be great:

-I can't customize our bands. I see no option for this, but it does say that 3 bands are ordered. Is it cause we just booked our trip and its in less than 40 days and there isn't enough time?

-Am I to understand correctly that Canadians have to pick up their bands at their resorts as they aren't shipping them to us?(which is weird cause they send us everything else in the mail)

-In MDE in the Magic Band/Card area says that 3 are ordered and then below that it shows two of us with cards beside our avatar with numbers that were on our key cards for our last visit. The third person coming with us this trip has never been before, hence they don't have a card or number. Why is this? Is my "number" my "number":confused3

-We've booked all our FP+ already. We're staying at Pop arriving Oct 19.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some insight into all this new stuff that seems to be going way over my head:goodvibes

I've very overwhelmed with all the talk to Magic Bands and Fast Pass +. I've tried my best to get trough this thread, but its super loooooonnnnggg!

Any answers to the following questions/concerns would be great:

-I can't customize our bands. I see no option for this, but it does say that 3 bands are ordered. Is it cause we just booked our trip and its in less than 40 days and there isn't enough time?

On your MDE home page, on the right-hand side, there is a grey column saying "Here's where to start."

The third option down says "Personalize Magic Bands." Click on that.

It will say Magic Band Order, Quantity x, Resort Reservation, and then on the far right, "Customize by" and a date. Click on the arrow beside the date. It will take you to a page with three (number of guests) grey magic bands. Click on "update" beside the name of each person to choose the color of their band. You can also change the name associated with the Magic Band (good for people who go by middle names/nicknames).

If there are not names showing up under the magic band customization page, you'll need to go to the main page and edit your reservation information to add/name guests.

Hope that helps!

Magic Bands cannot be shipped tto another country as they contain RFID chips. The customized bands will be waiting for you at your resort when you check in.

I have an address in both Canada and USA. When customizing the bands, does it give the option to change the shipping location to an American address?

I have an address in both Canada and USA. When customizing the bands, does it give the option to change the shipping location to an American address?

Yes you can. The site asks you to confirm the shipping address. You can change it to the US address there.

I am religiously following and reading popcorn:: all the MB FP+ threads and I'm also an October so I'm keeping an eye out...And there have been no reports on the DIS of MK Parade/fireworks and Fantasmic being booked yet for October. Nor a 4th bonus MK FP+. Here's to hoping! :listen:

I just booked FP+ for Fantasmic Oct 24 which is a Thurs, already had selections but just checked and Fantasmic was an option so changed our selections.
We are split stay AOA Oct 18-20 and Poly 20-25

On your MDE home page, on the right-hand side, there is a grey column saying "Here's where to start."

The third option down says "Personalize Magic Bands." Click on that.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! Got it all sorted and have finally personalized our bands for the upcoming trip!

When do they ship the MagicBands? I have seen reports of 30 days out from check-in and also 10 days out from check-in. Are they shipped 30 days out if you personalized before the 30 days (ie. 40 days, 60 days out) and if less then 30 days they shipped in 24 hours until 10 days. If less then 10 days you have to pick up at the resort. Is that correct?

When do they ship the MagicBands? I have seen reports of 30 days out from check-in and also 10 days out from check-in. Are they shipped 30 days out if you personalized before the 30 days (ie. 40 days, 60 days out) and if less then 30 days they shipped in 24 hours until 10 days. If less then 10 days you have to pick up at the resort. Is that correct?

If you're from Canada like myself you'll get them when you check in as they do not ship the bands outside of the US.

If you're from Canada like myself you'll get them when you check in as they do not ship the bands outside of the US.

I have an American shipping address since I am in Niagara Falls/Buffalo area every week for shopping. My plan was to ship the bands to my American shipping address, and bring them back in to Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter