Any OCTOBER guests received FP+ testing invite?

Diaz said:
So, I am confused. Does requesting and receiving Magic Bands mean that you are in the test group and can use FP+? Or do you have to be chosen to participate in the test group to receive Magic Bands? How will I know if I am chosen? My stay is Pop, Oct 21 thru 25 th, room, ticket and food package.

My cousin with be at POP the last week of Sept and he did not get an invite at all but was still able to customize and order his MB and make FP+ selection for his entire stay. We will be at Pop Oct 19-26 with FD package but the MB and FP+ option isn't currently open on my MDE yet. I probably check that silly thing at least 100 times a day, LOL.

Subscribng to this thread. We will be at Pop from Oct 6th-12th. Not sure if I want to test or not.

We are staying at YC 10/10-10/14. We have tickets already booked through Travelocity, but I can't link them yet on MDE. So, can someone remind me what we will have to do? Is it that we don't get the bands till we get to the resort and can't schedule FPs until then?

We are staying at YC 10/10-10/14. We have tickets already booked through Travelocity, but I can't link them yet on MDE. So, can someone remind me what we will have to do? Is it that we don't get the bands till we get to the resort and can't schedule FPs until then?

If your reservation is eligible for testing, you should still be able to personalize MagicBands and have them shipped. You just can't make FastPass+ selections without having valid park admission linked to MDE.

If your reservation is eligible for testing, you should still be able to personalize MagicBands and have them shipped. You just can't make FastPass+ selections without having valid park admission linked to MDE.

I think you just answered a question I have. We are staying at AKV on DVC points October 14-17. I was just going to wait and purchase our park passes at check-in. Since I currently don't have any park passes, MDE wouldn't give me the option to do FastPass+, correct?

We are coming into pop centuy on the 20th thru the 25th. hoping to see FP+ and MB open up. See you their

We will be there the 23rd through the 30th. Does anyone know if you can get regular fast passes if you have the FP+?

For what it's worth...

We are doing a split stay at POR, RO on 9/28 and then a package 9/29-10/12. We have not been officially notified that we are testers, but we were able to customize magic bands about a week ago - and were prompted to customize two sets of magic bands, one for each reservation. They are scheduled to ship on 8/28 and 8/29 (or, one month before each stay).

Until today, I could not schedule FP+. Although it appeared to be an option on MDE, we did not have tickets for the 28th, and from 9/29 on a message would pop up saying there was no availability for FP+ on that date. Today, FP+ opened up at least through 10/12 and we were able to get FP+ for every day of our stay except 9/29 (no availability at AK). Someone on another thread suggested that FP+ were opened up through 10/20.

We did online check-in, which seems to be a prerequisite for customizing magic bands. (We had checked in online at 60 days out, but could not customize the magic bands until we "modified" our online check-in.)

Hope that helps. We've been watching and waiting to make our selections, and are counting down the days until our trip!!

We did online check-in, which seems to be a prerequisite for customizing magic bands. (We had checked in online at 60 days out, but could not customize the magic bands until we "modified" our online check-in.)

Just wondering what you had to do to "modify" your online checkin.

DH and I are staying at BC 10/18-20, then AKL CL 10/20-24. We've done online checkin for both, and linked our APs to our resort reservations, but we still can't customize magic bands or make FP+ choices. Wondering if I should play around with the online checkin and see if that does anything. ;)

With my luck, we won't even get picked for the testing after all this! DH thinks I'm nuts because I'm obsessing over getting a purple band. :lmao:

karmacats said:
Just wondering what you had to do to "modify" your online checkin.

DH and I are staying at BC 10/18-20, then AKL CL 10/20-24. We've done online checkin for both, and linked our APs to our resort reservations, but we still can't customize magic bands or make FP+ choices. Wondering if I should play around with the online checkin and see if that does anything. ;)

With my luck, we won't even get picked for the testing after all this! DH thinks I'm nuts because I'm obsessing over getting a purple band. :lmao:

On the MDE website, there was a link that said "modify your online check-in". (Can't find a similar link in the app, though so I'm not sure how to accomplish it that way.) I went in and changed our expected arrival time slightly, but I have read that others were able to customize their magic bands after going through the screens but keeping the information the same.

Purple was not an option for us, but I've read that you can purchase purple covers to go over them in the gift shop. Good luck!

We are Oct 2-8 POR and I can't make fastpass+ selections. Anyone else with an October check-in date able to select FP+?

From what I'm seeing in both of the October FP+ thread, the only people I've seen able to select MB for a checkin in October are staying at Pop and POR - anyone confirm anything different?

During the test phase yes you can. When it goes live you will not be able to.

I saw another post somewhere (I think on the DVC boards) where he said that he only had the MB use while doing the testing. He didn't have a KTTW card so therefore he could not use regular FP.

I would say play it by ear. You may or may not have use of regular FP while testing. Each phase of testing will probably phase out the older FP system.

Do we know which resorts are included in the Oct testing? I am seeing mixed reports.

We're at AKV Jambo Villas from Oct 4 - 13, and don't see anything yet.

From what I'm seeing in both of the October FP+ thread, the only people I've seen able to select MB for a checkin in October are staying at Pop and POR - anyone confirm anything different?

We are staying at the Beach Club from 9/27-10/6 and I was able to customize my Magic Bands and make FP+ reservations.

We are staying at the Beach Club from 9/27-10/6 and I was able to customize my Magic Bands and make FP+ reservations.

Yeah I saw that for September guests but I was wondering specifically about check in dates for October. That's good news though, were staying at he Beach Club starting Oct 26!

Online check-in is NOT required to customise magicbands! I have customised mine and havent checked in.

As for fastpass+ i have been able to do mine. I am there from sept 26th - oct 17th and just yesterday sept 29th onwards started working.

Any questions just ask.

Magicbands become customisable around 35 days before check-in.

Staying at POR from 10/6-10/12. Bought package last week (room discount with tickets). Did online check in last night. Cannot customize wristbands or make fastpass+ reservations. Just sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter