Any New Englanders planning a cruise for next April school vacation?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
We are going on our first cruise next April!! It will be the 4 day, with 7 days at DW. I just can't wait! I have to wait to book it in another week through the DVC though. So is anyone else joining me on April 17th? :D

Oh shoot, meant to post this on the cruise forum. :p

Is your spring break next year April 17th?

Ours start on April 23rd-May 1st. I love it so late.

We were on the 4/17 7 day this year & New Englanders ruled the ship- about 90% from Mass, CT & RI- Spring break week up here.

We are doing the FL To CA 14 day in May, so we are not going to be on the spring break cruise next year.

Mjasp~ I thought ours was late! Gotta love the rates you get!

Yep, traded my timeshare for that week in Orlando with noooo problem.

I am just loving it. Too bad the airfares won't be out before the new school calendar comes out, to beat the airlines at their own game.

Mjasp, our actual school vacation starts on April 16th. But we're taking our three boys out of school on Wed. of that week and going to OKW for 4 days before the cruise. Followed by three days at BWV after the cruise. I just can't wait!! I am counting the days till I can book our flights and cruise. All next week. :D

Our kids are out of the school the same week - so we are going on the 4/23 7 day Western. I knew I couldn't take them out of school for 2 weeks to go to the Panama Canal and I really don't want to do two weeks on a ship in August. I'll be waiting for the airlines to release their rates too - should be interesting to see how expensive they are.

Jillpie, Went went on the 4/17 Eastern this year during spring break, but we've opted for the CA to FL repo cruise instead for next year. The boat was filled with New Englanders.

Yankee...I checked out the 4/23 cruise, quite inexpensive I must say, for a spring break. But it is Western, and after our 8/28/04 Western cruise, that will be the second Western, time to try another itinerary.

Joanna

luv2 dream we are on the same cruise ca to fl we gave up doing the april vacation to do the 14 day. We are going to do jet blue out of boston seems they have the best one way fares

Wow, I wonder what the purpose is of having a FEb. and April break. Here we only get a week around Easter. Yes the rates are high, but we are done next June 2!
Robin M.

Hi Jillpie,
We're booked on the 4/16/05 Eastern. Waiting to book at DVC as well and am checking airfare. Are you flying out of Logan? Any good airefare tips?

Sue

We just returned from my daughter's April break - cruised the 4/29 - 5/2 Wonder for part of her break. NH's April break is typically 1 week later than MA, CT etc., but the flight home (even though it was the following Monday, 5/3) was oversold and they were asking for volunteers. Next year's break is 4/23-4/29, so we're thinking of booking the 4 day Wonder.

We'll be on the 4/16/04 sailing of the Magic... I'm a teacher in MA, so I'm stuck with going school vacation week. So far, I've booked airfare through Disney, but will cancel it if I find a better rate out of Logan on my own. I'm even thinking of flying in the MCO the evening before the cruise. If I decide to do this, should I just stay at an airport hotel and catch the DCL bus to the port in the morning?

Hi,

I also went on the 4/17 7 day cruise during Apr vacation and it was great! The ship never felt crowded, the weather was great for the most part, even the 20ft seas didn't bother us! And there were lots of people from MA on board.

Jen in MA, I would fly in the day before... Unless you can get a direct flight to MCO from BOS, flying in on departure day is not fun. We arrived at logan at 3:00AM to catch a 6:00AM flight (believe it or not the airport was very crowed at that time of the morning) and we finally arrived at the port at 1:30 in the afternoon. We were too tired to enjoy anything the first day... So if you can, fly in the night before and get a good night sleep so you can enjoy the ship the first day...

I had hoped to do another Disney cruise but we are going to try the Navigator of the Sea sailing the western Carribean next Apr vacation... DCL is just toooo expensive right now for us plus we wanted to do the Western and only the eastern is offered during Feb and Apr vacations from DCL.

Wow, lots of replies, thank you!

Spoon2003...yes, we'll be flying out of Logan on Song airlines. I am counting the days till we can book the flights and cruise, I love this stuff. Anyway, booking the cruise next Monday! and the flights I do 330 days out, which will be next Sunday, I think. I'll book one ways, I've had alot of luck that way when it comes to popular times like April vacation for lowest fares. But there's a clincher...ya gotta get on the phone at midnight to get the lowest fares. Thats half the fun for me though. Are you booking with all points or half cash? Thats alot of points for the 7 day! You know whats weird is that the Magic on the 16th is peak season, and the very next day, the Wonder is not. The points are pretty good for the 4 day. But we're still using 3 years worth of points to do this, as we are also doing OKW 3 days before and BWV 4 days after.

WishUponaStar...do you mean the 17th Wonder four day and not three day, because the 17th is four day. Just wondering. So are you as excited as I am? This'll be our first time!

we're doing the 4 night wonder on 4/24 and then going to Disney's HH Resort for another week. cannot wait!

Jillpie,
We're paying cash for our 4/16 cruise. I booked it in 12/03 and the price was OK. When we were on the Wonder last Nov, the deposit to rebook for the 4 of us seemed so much for us after spending 7 nights at WDW and the cruise!!! But of course, as soon as we got home, I regret not rebooking. so I immediately looked at rates, booked a 4 night Wonder for Dec 04 but when I mentioned it to DD10, she said she didn't want to be away for Christmas. She wants to be home!!!(not even for DCL!!!) So immediately, I looked at vacation times, Feb vaction was very expensive, April was OK, so I chose April. Now I'm keeping my eyes on airfare.

Sue

Our trip starts with 4 nights at the Poly on 4/17 then we head off to 3 nights on the Wonder which will start on 4/21.

We are very very excited!

From NH here...our vacation starts 4/23 so we will be on the Western that day with 3 other families. It will be our 3rd Magic cruise and 2nd to the Western caribbean. I cannot wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter